Thread: Withers: Zag's - UW in the NCAA

Default Withers: Zag's - UW in the NCAA

This ain't rocket surgery!

Yeah - "who needs it?" Not Gonzaga. I think we would crush them, because Crandall would do what we couldn't defensively in the first game, and Clarke would be far better than that first showing. However, rematches are not comfortable for the winning team.

The committee cannot resist cute match-ups like this. Won't surprise me at all.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Quote Originally Posted by DixieZag View Post
    The committee cannot resist cute match-ups like this. Won't surprise me at all.
    Yep, and it's super annoying. Who needs it indeed.
    Your children have been placed in the custody of...Carl's Jr.

I have a feeling that if UW wins on Saturday they'll be shipped out to another region at a higher seed. 5 or a 6. I feel like the committee would be hesitant to black-eye the P12 regular and conference champ with an 8 or 9 seed. despite metrics or whatever
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach Few
    We are not here as a #%$&%&! Courtesy!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gueastcoast View Post
    Yep, and it's super annoying. Who needs it indeed.
    It’s not the stooge committee. It’s CBS’s doing

I was under the impression that the committee tries to avoid potential regular season rematches in the first weekend. Is that not the case?

Default Oregon

I still think Oregon May beat UW today. They did it last Saturday and they have some talent even though some players are out with injuries....

Quote Originally Posted by rennis View Post
    I have a feeling that if UW wins on Saturday they'll be shipped out to another region at a higher seed. 5 or a 6. I feel like the committee would be hesitant to black-eye the P12 regular and conference champ with an 8 or 9 seed. despite metrics or whatever
    +1...............

Also, regardless of the Saturday result, UW does NOT deserve to be in the west region. Their record doesn't warrant that protection, using any metrics, the eye test, etc.

Go ZAGS

Put the UW in for a third round match up with GU....please.

Quote Originally Posted by TacomaZAG View Post
    +1...............

Also, regardless of the Saturday result, UW does NOT deserve to be in the west region. Their record doesn't warrant that protection, using any metrics, the eye test, etc.

Go ZAGS
    No way UW is a 5 or 6 seed. They have no quality wins. At best they are an 8-9 seed.

Gonzaga needs to beat someone....really anyone....after the Gail's humiliated them the pressure is on for the first time since NC...

Quote Originally Posted by NEC26 View Post
    No way UW is a 5 or 6 seed. They have no quality wins. At best they are an 8-9 seed.
    Oh I agree they don't deserve a 6 seed. But this is NCAA tournament seeding and getting what you deserve isn't always on the menu.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach Few
    We are not here as a #%$&%&! Courtesy!!!

If the Zags land a 1 or a 2 seed, I just don't see the committee "punishing" them by giving them a team they already played this season. I realize they gave them Ohio State last year, but the Big 10 is not what the Pac 12 is this year (a 1 bid league if UW wins the tourney), and being a one or two seed is a whole lot different than being a four seed. It's also looking more and more like Gonzaga is headed to Salt Lake City. I would be shocked if the committee matched GU/UW the opening weekend. In fact, I would really be disappointed in them, and feel the committee should be ashamed of themselves if they do it. They shouldn't be pairing teams in the early rounds who have already faced each other unless they absolutely must, which sometimes happens with a multi-bid BCS league. The Pac 12 is not a multi-bid league. There are million places on the bracket to place UW.

The other thing is that whether it is a 7,8 or 9....those aren't protected seeds. There is no guarantee that UW is going to play in San Jose or Salt Lake City. Nor do they have a "right to."