Thread: 2020 - Nimari Burnett

Default 2020 - Nimari Burnett

Anyone have any info on if we are pursuing him?

Looks like a quality player and seems to like us.

http://endlessmotor.net/2019/02/10/e...isits-on-deck/

"Stanford, Illinois, Louisville, Arizona, Arizona State, USC, Vanderbilt, LSU, Texas A&M, DePaul, St. Johns, Ohio State, Indiana, Cal, Nevada, Marquette and Oregon have all extended official offers. The Chicago-area native also reports interest from Michigan, Gonzaga and Auburn."

https://writingillini.com/2018/07/30...-visit-illini/

"He said Ohio State, Gonzaga and Stanford have been the most active in the last month or so. He also said he wanted to visit Indiana, Gonzaga and Illinois after July as well."
    Last edited by kitzbuel; 03-28-2019 at 07:27 AM.

We have been in on him, but it has slowed down a little. Suggs and Strawther are the top choices, I would guess if Suggs falls through (I am betting on him committing to GU at some point) we will be back on Burnett and Nix.

i don't see any conflict with suggs and burnett...nimari is more of a combo guard anyways and few loves to go with two guards that can both run his system. suggs is obviously the priority recruit but burnett is darn good and not necessarily a backup plan.

Quote Originally Posted by WallaWallaZag View Post
    i don't see any conflict with suggs and burnett...nimari is more of a combo guard anyways and few loves to go with two guards that can both run his system. suggs is obviously the priority recruit but burnett is darn good and not necessarily a backup plan.
    I agree with you on Burnett, but remember we already have Harris in the fold. Suggs/Harris is the dream, Burnett as of now is not a top priority, but that can change quickly, as he is a stud.

Missing from here but still early

https://twitter.com/endless_motor/st...501974528?s=19

Quote Originally Posted by exclusivelee View Post

With all due respect to the kid, there's like 2 programs in that list that hold a candle to the Zags...

Didn't know Oregon was on him. Hate to say it but that would be the easy choice out of that group. I think the class of Suggs, Strawther, and Harris is going to scare guys away.

Quote Originally Posted by EEzag View Post
    Didn't know Oregon was on him. Hate to say it but that would be the easy choice out of that group. I think the class of Suggs, Strawther, and Harris is going to scare guys away.
    it would be nice if that was the case, but last i checked suggs is still uncommitted and the longer that drags on the less likely it will be with the zags...

Quote Originally Posted by WallaWallaZag View Post
    ... and the longer that drags on the less likely it will be with the zags...
    let's not turn this into a suggs thread, but i have seen nothing to indicate that this is true or a concern... at least at this point in the process.

Quote Originally Posted by EEzag View Post

I check the Oregon board pretty regularly, and the other day a hs coach (I assume) who posts there was talking about how ugly their offense has been the last couple of years, and how in his opinion that was a deterrent to some recruits. Also referenced how ball dominant Pritchard is (though imo that's in itself not necessarily bad; NWG was the same for Zags). They made their run late last year by going to a huge lineup and holding opponents to a little over 50 a game, but it wasn't an attractive style to recruits.

Quote Originally Posted by maynard g krebs View Post
    I check the Oregon board pretty regularly, and the other day a hs coach (I assume) who posts there was talking about how ugly their offense has been the last couple of years, and how in his opinion that was a deterrent to some recruits. Also referenced how ball dominant Pritchard is (though imo that's in itself not necessarily bad; NWG was the same for Zags). They made their run late last year by going to a huge lineup and holding opponents to a little over 50 a game, but it wasn't an attractive style to recruits.
    Interesting. Could just be a coach/advocate speaking for his player. Honestly, after Bol Bol got hurt, I forgot about the Ducks. Thanks for the insight.