Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What seed will we be? Sound off your guess!

Default What seed will we be? Sound off your guess!

1 seed in SLC.
    Love the zags for life

1 or 2 seed Salt Lake with Utah State or Arizona State as a potential second round matchup.

- gotta figure a 2 seed, you can't lay an egg like that before selection sunday, with so many good teams fighting for a one seed.

- no sour grapes, honest, but I and many others have said one seed or two seed, it does not matter that much.

- can't count how many so called experts, strategists, and otherwise heavy thinkers on this board who all talk about the opponent match up being key. we might face a 7 seed that we would much rather face than say an 8 seed named Syracuse.

2 Seed.

1 seed and its not really a question. I think we end up being the second or third seed total and are seeded in the west obviously. We did blow our chance at one overall which is disappointing.

First bad loss of the year at the wrong time, 2 seed

2 seed... I think someone on Saturday or Sunday will bump us off that line.

Too convincing a loss at this juncture. 2 seed

2 seed

I'm leaning more toward 2 seed as well. Gonzaga has zero excuses for the egg they laid tonight for everyone to see, while teams like UNC, Virginia, Duke, Kentucky, Tennessee and LSU will all have the opportunity to build their resumes playing each other in their tourneys.

In most years we would have retained the 1 seed, however, this year is different. Very crowded at the top. Thin margin for error, esp Zags.

10 teams in running for Top 2 seed lines. Major conference tournies coming up.

I think this drops us to a 2 seed for sure, looking for any excuse to sneak Tennessee, or UNC, even Kentucky back up to 1 seed.

If I'm being honest i wouldn't be shocked at a 3 seed at this point. Remember we weren't just beaten, we were blown out and no other games on to soften the blow on national stage.

2 and not in the West. No way will the committee watch you go down in flames in a Mid-Major conference final and be a 1 seed. Zags will be punished for this poor effort and making the WCC a two bid league.

2 west
    Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

Quote Originally Posted by Hoopaholic View Post
    2 west
    +1

Lunardi and Palm both tweeted out that we’re still a 1

Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    No way.

Maybe as it sits/stands right now but not after a 1/2 seed team racks up 3 more big wins next week in ACC, Big10, SEC tourney.

We will drop to a 2 seed unless the big boys lose in their respective tourney as well.

Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    No no no that does not fit into our negativity here. Don't you realize this was a blowout embarrassing loss equal to 2 or 3 losses at least?

I'm expecting a 2-seed, in the west. As others have said, no way does a team who throws up on themselves that badly retain a 1-seed, nor should they. That being said, falling to a 3-seed is a possibility after that embarrassment.

Think about this.........after leading 9-2 early on, the ZAGS got crushed by 20 points the last 35+ minutes. This wasn't a loss on a prayer at the buzzer, this was a total dismantling, a total disaster from the 5-minute mark on. I still can't believe that actually happened, who were those guys in the GU uniforms tonight??

Go ZAGS

Depends on how Duke, Carolina, and Kentucky do in their conference tournaments. If Duke and Kentucky wins that is bad.

Quote Originally Posted by zagray View Post
    2 and not in the West. No way will the committee watch you go down in flames in a Mid-Major conference final and be a 1 seed. Zags will be punished for this poor effort and making the WCC a two bid league.
    We'll be out west lets not overreact... We lost on a neutral floor to our biggest rival who happens to be ranked in the top 40 in the NET rankings... This is a quadrant 1 loss not a bad loss

Quote Originally Posted by raise the zag View Post
    No way.

Maybe as it sits/stands right now but not after a 1/2 seed team racks up 3 more big wins next week in ACC, Big10, SEC tourney.

We will drop to a 2 seed unless the big boys lose in their respective tourney as well.
    The only way we drop from a 1 is if UNC wins the ACC and Tennessee wins the SEC. Kentucky is not bumping us off the one line nor is anyone from the big 10.

Quote Originally Posted by northsidezagfan View Post
    +1
    +2

2 seed in the west assuming others battling for the 1 line don’t also lose

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach Few
    We are not here as a #%$&%&! Courtesy!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NEC26 View Post
    No no no that does not fit into our negativity here. Don't you realize this was a blowout embarrassing loss equal to 2 or 3 losses at least?
    The two ideas are not mutually exclusive; it was an embarrassing blowout loss and we will still be a 1 seed

2 seed in the west. I would be shocked if Gonzaga is moved from the west region. Wouldn't be shocked if they get a 1, but they need breaks. If you look throughout the history of the tournament, the committee is committed to keeping it's best west coast team out west.

Losing by 48 is a blowout. We were down by about 2 to 4 points most of this game. It was in no way a blow out. Embarrassing? I guess that just depends on the person and their view of SMC. The offense was terrible but I think we know we are a good offensive team.

By the way after this win tonight it might put SMC in the top 30 in net giving us another quad 1 win.