Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Give SMC Credit

Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    People on other boards are speculating that we intentionally threw this guy. At first I thought that was an insane theory but with Tillie only playing 5 minutes in the second half and Few making zero adjustments and us still possibly being a 1 seed, maybe itís plausible.
    Can't stop idiots from saying idiotic things. One's first thought is the correct one, more often than not.

Very, very Classy thread GU brothers.
    It says a lot.
    Very much appreciated by many Gaels.
    You may have dropped a game but you picked up tons more respect off the court.
    Go do your thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevada Don View Post
    Very, very Classy thread GU brothers.
    It says a lot.
    Very much appreciated by many Gaels.
    You may have dropped a game but you picked up tons more respect off the court.
    Go do your thing.
    Love ya Don. Glad you are here repping your Gaels. Much love

Qualified for 23 Straight Big Dances

12 Straight Round of 32s

11 Sweet Sixteens (6 Straight)

4 Elite Eights

2017 AND 2021 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

2021 Undefeated Regular Season

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

I am frustrated by how Randy has managed the incredible program he's built.

I have found nothing about SMC itself to dislike in any way. Good school, fans, and 95% of their players that have come through over the years would have been embraced as great Zags.

So, if we're to lose, I'm glad it's to them. I'm glad they will get the bid during a year when they extended themselves scheduling.

I also think they have at least one more win in them this year.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

I mirror NevadaDon’s feelings. I get that there’s always going to be some sour grapes losing to the Gaels. Nothing wrong with that. We hate losing to you guys too. But the fact that this thread exists is a testament to the underlying good will and respect between our programs. Go get that national championship. You guys have what it takes. We’re rooting for you the rest of the way. We’re hoping to make a statement and earn the WCC some $$$. Let’s do this.

Love the win for SMC but I do feel for you guys.
    Youíve got a Final Four to think about guys.
    Tons in front of you so no need to spend much time looking in the rear view mirror.
    Címon...
    Congrats to the Gaels and my favorite Gaels fan, Nevada Don.

You, sir, are a class act and great contributor here. Iíll definitely be rooting for SMC to advance all the way to an NCAA tourney re-match w the Zags!
    He can move 15 ft to the left or right about as fast as my eyes can see it, his name could just as well be Hunter Hustle -ZagsGoZags 11/17/21

Cool Gaels beat No. 1 on national TV...

...get auto-bid to Big Dance, are the biggest sports story of the day! Doesn't get any better for SMC fans than that. Congrats!

:]

(Hope Zags still get a 1 Seed.)
    Yeah, we're "The Champs," uh-huh!

Quote Originally Posted by sideshow06 View Post
    I mirror NevadaDon’s feelings. I get that there’s always going to be some sour grapes losing to the Gaels. Nothing wrong with that. We hate losing to you guys too. But the fact that this thread exists is a testament to the underlying good will and respect between our programs. Go get that national championship. You guys have what it takes. We’re rooting for you the rest of the way. We’re hoping to make a statement and earn the WCC some $$$. Let’s do this.
    Thanks Nevada and sideshow. I hate SMC only on game days. I have drank a few beers with SMC fans in Vegas... you guys are good people (even if you DID like Samhan )
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Quote Originally Posted by sideshow06 View Post
    I am hoping that the Zags get a chance to vindicate themselves THIS SEASON!

I hope that the Zags beat the Gaels one more time this year, right after the first two Final Four games!
    I'm laughing. Why aren't you?

Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    I am hoping that the Zags get a chance to vindicate themselves THIS SEASON!

I hope that the Zags beat the Gaels one more time this year, right after the first two Final Four games!
    Thanks to all of you, for all the kind words and to those that may feel a little differently, would love to buy you a beer all the same.
    Hoping you are a #1 in San Jose. A good place to enjoy and celebrate your next couple of wins and go forward.

Quote Originally Posted by GonzagasaurusFlex View Post
    Congrats to the Gaels and my favorite Gaels fan, Nevada Don.

You, sir, are a class act and great contributor here. I’ll definitely be rooting for SMC to advance all the way to an NCAA tourney re-match w the Zags!

Thanks to all of you, for all the kind words and to those that may feel a little differently, would love to buy you a beer all the same.
    Hoping you are a #1 in San Jose. A good place to enjoy and celebrate your next couple of wins and go forward.
    crowd excited about tourney over on Gael board? deep run get some Facebook Apple Alums to kick in for new Stadium?

Call it Appleface Arena )

Hey ND... whatever happened to Dirt McGirt? Loved his Gaels input on the board. Haven't heard from him in a while.

How do Don?? Good seein ya bud!! Hope both squads catch NCAA magic and go deep.

Quote Originally Posted by zagitup View Post
    Hey ND... whatever happened to Dirt McGirt? Loved his Gaels input on the board. Haven't heard from him in a while.
    Hasn’t been around. I have no idea but might ask. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MDABE80 View Post
    How do Don?? Good seein ya bud!! Hope both squads catch NCAA magic and go deep.

Doing well, thanks. Still trying to figure you out if you’re a doctor named Abe or that you’re from Maryland (MD) ��
    I will assume though that you’re from the class of 1980 and not 10 years older than me.

Quick fun poll. Which ONE Gael would’ve made the best Zag?

Quote Originally Posted by DixieZag View Post
    I am frustrated by how Randy has managed the incredible program he's built.

I have found nothing about SMC itself to dislike in any way. Good school, fans, and 95% of their players that have come through over the years would have been embraced as great Zags.

So, if we're to lose, I'm glad it's to them. I'm glad they will get the bid during a year when they extended themselves scheduling.

I also think they have at least one more win in them this year.

Delly

Brand new season starts now. With a bit of luck and the right match ups, Gaels could possible go further in the post season than us....

Quote Originally Posted by Ezag View Post
    Brand new season starts now. With a bit of luck and the right match ups, Gaels could possible go further in the post season than us....
    6 game win streak
    Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Yeah, probably Delly. WE would've loved the mouthpiece. Classic Zag "weird."

Simply nothing about that player not to love on your team. He hit a half-courter to beat BYU AT BYU, Zag hall of fame in that alone.

McConnell a close second.

Oh, and what no one here would admit, but near certainly true, one truism, you always love YOUR Samham.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Put me down for Kickert.
    Don’t think we have a uni big enough for Samhan 1.0.

Patty Mills. Kid could play for me any day.

Also, Rob Jones. Tough kid.

No one likes that we lost especially when the team seemed off. That being said, St. Mary's had fire in their eyes to win and played the full 40 minutes. Coach Few has said all along that he felt St Mary's deserved a seed in tourney...I'm not happy that they got it with our loss. You can bet our boys will be focused for the rest of the tournament. This loss doesn't define us. Go Zags! and Go St. Mary's..

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Mickey Mconnell. Him or Diamon Simpson. Both drove me nuts but were respectable kids Delly and Mills just miss the cut. Also Calvin Hermanson
    Qualified for 23 Straight Big Dances

12 Straight Round of 32s

11 Sweet Sixteens (6 Straight)

4 Elite Eights

2017 AND 2021 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

2021 Undefeated Regular Season

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.