• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • basketballzag
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Feds go after Pay to Play Bribery Scheme at many universities across the US

WCC's University of San Diego was involved but notice what the DOJ did to USD in their complaint! LOL

• LongIslandZagFan
    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by basketballzag View Post
    WCC's University of San Diego was involved but notice what the DOJ did to USD in their complaint! LOL

There are definitions. Highly selective means that only 1/3rd or less of all students applying get accepted. Before mocking them... 50% of applicants get accepted to USD while 65% of applicants to GU get accepted. Very few schools can claim being highly selective.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Comment

• sittingon50
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
      There are definitions. Highly selective means that only 1/3rd or less of all students applying get accepted. Before mocking them... 50% of applicants get accepted to USD while 65% of applicants to GU get accepted. Very few schools can claim being highly selective.
      I know you're in the field LI, but are you sure on the GU #? Seems kinda' high, from what I understand.
      But we don't play nobody.

Comment

• LongIslandZagFan
        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by sittingon50 View Post
        I know you're in the field LI, but are you sure on the GU #? Seems kinda' high, from what I understand.
        Yep... US News & World Report. I know that is self-reported by the university... as I just recently sent ours up recently.

Note this is actually DOWN 10% from 2015 when it was 75%.

It is becoming more selective... but has a ways to go to catch up with USD.
        "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Comment

• jpn17
          Professional Zag Fan
          • Dec 2011

If people are bribing student athletes in sports like rowing and volleyball, just imagine how rampant it must be in sports like basketball and football. Wow.

Comment

• sittingon50
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

Looking into Mr. Peabody's WABAC machine, it now seems probable that my parent's had to bride someone to get me into grade school.
            But we don't play nobody.

Comment

Working...
            X