Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can someone please refute this with facts?

Default Can someone please refute this with facts?

I will preface my post by saying that it is from a Kentucky fan on the Kentucky Board so if this gets your knickers in a knot you can bow out of this thread now That way you do not have to subject yourself to “immature, lowbrow” threads. If not, a Kentucky “fan” posted this and I would like to refute it with facts and only facts. Thank you:

Lost in the first or second rounds every year but 1 from 2008 through 2014. In 2 of the 4 years you mention, you went down in the third round. The only 2 years the Zags kinda earned their stripes were 15 and 17.

Don’t get me wrong. Nice run for a mid major. But that is all the Zags are. The media and the NCAA have been giving them soft serve for years and they crap the bed. If they had been in a power conference, the seeds would have been more balanced due to the worse performance. This would have put their NCAA performance in a much more realistic light.

https://kentucky.forums.rivals.com/t....290428/page-2

Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    I will preface my post by saying that it is from a Kentucky fan on the Kentucky Board so if this gets your knickers in a knot you can bow out of this thread now That way you do not have to subject yourself to “immature, lowbrow” threads. If not, a Kentucky “fan” posted this and I would like to refute it with facts and only facts. Thank you:

Lost in the first or second rounds every year but 1 from 2008 through 2014. In 2 of the 4 years you mention, you went down in the third round. The only 2 years the Zags kinda earned their stripes were 15 and 17.

Don’t get me wrong. Nice run for a mid major. But that is all the Zags are. The media and the NCAA have been giving them soft serve for years and they crap the bed. If they had been in a power conference, the seeds would have been more balanced due to the worse performance. This would have put their NCAA performance in a much more realistic light.

https://kentucky.forums.rivals.com/t....290428/page-2
    LOL...I have a simple rejoinder for everyone who #####es about the Zags SOS this year:

We Beat Duke

Nothing more needs to be said.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    LOL...I have a simple rejoinder for everyone who #####es about the Zags SOS this year:

We Beat Duke

Nothing more needs to be said.
    But, it's more than that. This is now the 6th dedicated thread on their board about us, it's embarrassing. They keep trying to delegitimize our success by pointing to our conference affiliation. JAzz sad that Khalid El Amin did the same thing on tv today. It's like we've travelled back in time to 2002, the ignorance and animus is absurd. It is rooted in jealousy though, that's for sure.

Wait till April 8th, return. No need to lay anymore facts.
    21 Straight Big Dances

11 Straight Round of 32s

10 Sweet Sixteens (5 Straight)

4 Elite Eights

2017 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

I'm trying to rebut his post with actual facts. Is the "third round" as he put it, the Sweet Sixteen or the Elite Eight?

It's not just the fact that this part is condescending and elitist, it's incorrect:

Don’t get me wrong. Nice run for a mid major. But that is all the Zags are. The media and the NCAA have been giving them soft serve for years and they crap the bed.

But, it's more than that. This is jow the 6th dedicated thread on their board about us, it's embarrassing. They keep trying to delegitimize our success by pointing to our conference affiliation. JAzz sad that Khalid El Amin did the same thing on tv today. It's like we've travelled back in time to 2002, the ignorance and animus is absurd. It is rooted in jealousy though, that's for sure.
    No offense meant but really Spy?.... you and the Kentucky board = train wreck.... we have a great TEAM, a great program and it's only getting better....leave the flat earthers alone... what a waste of positive energy... let them rant and rave.... who gives a chit?

Just my opinion...

Go!! Zags!!!
    "Learn from the past, Plan for the future, Live in the Now!"

Spy. Do you REALLY wanna continue along this line? We are no 1 with NO 1 seed. What’s to gain??

I'm trying to rebut his post with actual facts. Is the "third round" as he put it, the Sweet Sixteen or the Elite Eight?
    Spy, I admire you, but you're just wasting your time. Their entire argument is based on the overall weakness of the WCC, and they're holding onto it for dear (rhetorical) life.

Kentucky is a storied program, one of the bluest of the blue bloods. Kind of like the caste system in India.

Arizona beat Kentucky in 1997. AZ was not even the Pac 10 regular season champ. And we still beat them. KU fans need to shut the **** up. They are not Duke, they never will be. I hate the SEC, they are a pox on college basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by bigblahla View Post
    No offense meant but really Spy?.... you and the Kentucky board = train wreck.... we have a great TEAM, a great program and it's only getting better....leave the flat earthers alone... what a waste of positive energy... let them rant and rave.... who gives a chit?

Just my opinion...

Go!! Zags!!!
    This.

It's not just the fact that this part is condescending and elitist, it's incorrect:

Don’t get me wrong. Nice run for a mid major. But that is all the Zags are. The media and the NCAA have been giving them soft serve for years and they crap the bed.
    Cognitive thinking is not a hallmark of the University of Kentucky.

Quote Originally Posted by SorenTodd45 View Post
    Arizona beat Kentucky in 1997. AZ was not even the Pac 10 regular season champ. And we still beat them. KU fans need to shut the **** up. They are not Duke, they never will be. I hate the SEC, they are a pox on college basketball.
    KU = Kansas

UK = Kentucky

Quote Originally Posted by SorenTodd45 View Post
    You just offended every fan of the Jayhawks...lol.

Scrooner, blah and abe, you literally have nothing to complain about because this advisory for the highbrow poster was given at the beginning of the thread:

I will preface my post by saying that it is from a Kentucky fan on the Kentucky Board so if this gets your knickers in a knot you can bow out of this thread now That way you do not have to subject yourself to “immature, lowbrow” threads.

you can't complain about a thread when you were told upfront what the thread would be about. Well, technically you can, because you did, but your complaints fall on deaf ears, because you ignored the advisory and chose to post anyway.

Not worth it.

We aren't magically changing a group POV, by a data filled, objective, factual post. Been there, done that. It's forgotten tomorrow and doesn't fit theor narrative/script re: Zags.

We will like it, they won't care.

It's more about us right now anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by raise the zag View Post
    Not worth it.

We aren't magically changing a group POV, by a data filled, objective, factual post. Been there, done that. It's forgotten tomorrow and doesn't fit theor narrative/script on Zags.

We will like it, they won't care.

It's more about us right now anyway.
    See, I don't understand that. If empirical facts are opposite of your opinion, why wouldn't you change your opinion? Facts don't care about your feelings. sigh

Scrooner, blah and abe, you literally have nothing to complain about because this advisory for the highbrow poster was given at the beginning of the thread:

I will preface my post by saying that it is from a Kentucky fan on the Kentucky Board so if this gets your knickers in a knot you can bow out of this thread now That way you do not have to subject yourself to “immature, lowbrow” threads.

you can't complain about a thread when you were told upfront what the thread would be about. Well, technically you can, because you did, but your complaints fall on deaf ears, because you ignored the advisory and chose to post anyway.
    I don’t think anyone is getting knickers in a hoot spy. We are telling you and giving you advice lol. Stop wasting your time and clogging up our board with nonsense. It’s not like this is new info ... lol
    21 Straight Big Dances

11 Straight Round of 32s

4 Elite Eights

2017 FINAL FOUR

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

Quote Originally Posted by gonzagafan62 View Post
    I don’t think anyone is getting knickers in a hoot spy. We are telling you and giving you advice lol. Stop wasting your time and clogging up our board with nonsense. It’s not like this is new info ... lol
    I think I’ve actually told you this before but whoever keeps forcing you to open threads and post in them against your free will should be banned from this board permanently.

I think I’ve actually told you this before but whoever keeps forcing you to open threads and post in them against your free will should be banned from this board permanently.
    There's an ender if ever I saw one.

Would that not be you giving titillating titles to your threads?
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

You don’t get it lol.
    21 Straight Big Dances

11 Straight Round of 32s

4 Elite Eights

2017 FINAL FOUR

Mid majors don't fly a charter to every game (UCLA doesn't).

Mid majors don't generate more program revenue and invest in their program more than any Pac 12 team besides Arizona. Reference this site:

https://ope.ed.gov/athletics/#/

They don't make the tournament 20 years in a row (is it 20?). They don't recruit a top 5 recruiting class like the 2019 class at 247sports. The coach doesn't turn down jobs at Indiana, UCLA, Arizona and others. They don't have a multi-million buck TV contract with Root Sports, and are in the top 5 in appearances on ESPN every year. And if what they are doing were so simple, why has no one else done it?? Mid majors don't make the sweet 16 or better 4 years in a row. They don't only lose three first round games in 20 years.

That being said, follow the advice of others in this thread. These are people who request to be buried in Kentucky warm up uniforms. Many of them are not dealing with a full deck. Some are very drunk on bad sour mash.

Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    Would that not be you giving titillating titles to your threads?
    Is it my fault that I write such a good copy?

1999-00...10 seed...Sweet 16...(L) Purdue (#6)
    2000-01...12 seed...Sweet 16...(L) Michigan St (#1)
    2001-02...6 seed...1st round (ie lost in 1st round)..Wyoming
    2002-03...9 seed...2nd round (ie lost in 2nd round)... (L) Arizona (#1)
    2003-04...2 seed...2nd round...(L) Nevada (#10)
    2004-05...3 seed...2nd round...(L) Texas Tech (#6)
    2005-06...3 seed...Sweet 16...(L) UCLA (#2)
    2006-07...10 seed..1st round...(L) Indiana (#7)
    2007-08...7 seed...1st round...(L) Davidson (#10)
    2008-09...4 seed...Sweet 16...(L) UNC (#1)
    2009-10...8 seed...2nd round...(L) Syracuse (#1)
    **Play-in game added for 2011 tournament**
    2010-11...11 seed..3rd round (ie lost their second game)...(L) BYU (#3)
    2011-12...7 seed...3rd round...(L) Ohio St (#2)
    2012-13...1 seed...3rd round...(L) Wichita St (#9)
    2013-14...8 seed...3rd round...(L) Arizona (#1)
    2014-15...2 seed...Elite 8...……(L) Duke (#1)
    2015-16...11 seed..Sweet 16...(L) Syracuse (#10)
    2016-17...1 seed...Runner Up.(L) UNC (#1)
    2017-18...4 seed...Sweet 16..(L) FSU (#9)
    Last edited by JPtheBeasta; 03-11-2019 at 09:07 PM.