Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: GU vs Pepperdine - Predictions/Thoughts/What you do hope to see

Go Zags ! Beat the Waves........
    GU - 85 PU - 69

The Zags will be focused, but a little rusty. But in the end, it won't matter all that much.

Zags - 88
    U of Pepperdine - 62
    My posts indicate that I don't seem to follow college basketball all that closely.

I know Pepperdine is from California, but I also know that their coaches are from the beautiful state of Washington. Romar is from the UW and Bone from WSU. I enjoyed watching our Zags beat both of those teams when they coached back here in our state. Both of the matchups with the UW and WSU were some of my favorite games. I always wanted the Zags to be the best team from our state. And they certainly were, and still are. I never liked Romar that much as a coach, and I did like Bone. Especially when he was an assistant coach for Mark Few in 2017. He is a great defensive coach. I'm really glad that it's Pepperdine we're playing tonight. They're team I wanted to play. And I'm really glad that Romar and Bone are coaching there.

Gonzaga 88
    Peppperdine 69
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

GU-81
    Pepperdine- 63

Doggies 91
    Motion H2O 71

Zags 86
    Waves 65
    The world is a magical place full of people waiting to be offended by something.

Gonzaga 89
    Pepperdine 64

Our semi final games are almost always our closest game, at least the last few years.

Coach Few mentioned this as well.

I'm not expecting a 30 pt win tonight. I'd say Zags by 17

Pepp has played 3 games in 4 days in this gym, could make a difference...at least early on.

"Surfs Up in Malibu" ----- GU is catching the "Seventh Wave" (remember that surfing book about Malibu you old guys) and the Zags are riding that wave to the championship game with our boys and Tillie.
    90-65

GU - 84
    PU - 63

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fv-W_mZ5R6Y

From the West Cost Conference Pepperdine vs. San Francisco Post Game Press Conference, At the 6:45 mark in this video Lorenzo Romar was asked by some reporter, "What impact will the 3 games that you've played in 3 days vs. a team that will have gone 9 days without playing any games have on Monday nights game?"

Lorenzo's answer: "I don't know what impact it will have on the game, but I know I can tell you it won't have any impact on Gonzaga. This isn't their first rodeo. This is the situation they face every year. They've won the conference a billion times. They've been in this. Their whole season is geared toward this. And so, with them being off...they know exactly what to do. They've been here before. They knew how many days they were going to get off. They know how many hours they were going to practice. They knew what to work on to prepare themselves to be here. It won't effect them one bit."

Lorenzo Romar...did we just become best friends?

Say what you want about his past, I think Lorenzo gets it this year and is having a great year at Pepperdine. Maybe next year the Waves take this momentum into 2019-2020 and get it done with a tough non-conference schedule and we get multiple bids next year for the dance.

Quote Originally Posted by GonzaGAW View Post
    I for one want to see Killian Tillie play, doesn't have to be for long, doesn't have to put up eye popping stats.
    and I 'd like to see a smile, knowing he is enjoying himself, enjoying the experience.
    Tore the ligament in his right foot on Feb. 9 meaning it's been about 30 days (4 weeks). He could have another 10ish days of recovery if they wait til the start of the tourney and even longer if they wait til sweet 16 (assuming GU gets there).

They'll be in Vegas. Is it time to gamble?

Quote Originally Posted by tinfoilzag View Post
    Tore the ligament in his right foot on Feb. 9 meaning it's been about 30 days (4 weeks). He could have another 10ish days of recovery if they wait til the start of the tourney and even longer if they wait til sweet 16 (assuming GU gets there).

They'll be in Vegas. Is it time to gamble?
    Ligaments do not heal in increments like muscle fibers. A torn ligament is well, torn. It can be repaired, but doesn't really heal itself like muscle tissue.

Instead, ligaments heal around themselves, or simply 'calm down'. His type of injury won't be anymore healed in 10 days than it is now, he he had a sprain, sure, rest would do wonders.

By all accounts, the inflammation and pain has subsided -- its the reason ligament injuries have such insane timelines for 'healing'. For instance, a Grade 1 could be 2 to 6 wks. No one says that for a hamstring pull.

Tillie could still be feeling pain, and that ligament could become reactive, yet he isn't going to really hurt it any worse at this point. It will either develop scar tissue as is, rupture, or never be an issue again, that would be whether he plays tomorrow or not.

Keeping it flexed and "warm" is key with ligament injuries, I am a big proponent of him playing in Vegas. I feel it can actually help prevent injury in NCAA Tournament, he will know what to expect, the difference b/w residual soreness and real issue. Will help train the injury what to do, and the body itself is brilliant, it will subconsciously protect it as well.

Its worth the gamble.

Quote Originally Posted by raise the zag View Post
    Ligaments do not heal in increments like muscle fibers. A torn ligament is well, torn. It can be repaired, but doesn't really heal itself like fibrous tissue.

Instead, ligaments heal around themselves, or simply 'calm down'. His type of injury won't be anymore healed in 10 days than it is now, he he had a sprain, sure, rest would do wonders.

By all accounts, the inflammation and pain has subsided -- its the reason ligament injuries have such insane timelines for 'healing'. For instance, a Grade 1 could be 2 to 6 wks. No one says that for a hamstring pull.

Tillie could still be feeling pain, and that ligament could become reactive, yet he isn't going to really hurt it any worse at this point. It will either develop scar tissue as is, rupture, or never be an issue again, that would be whether he plays tomorrow or not.

Keeping it flexed and "warm" is key with ligament injuries, I am a big proponent of him playing in Vegas. I feel it can actually help prevent injury in NCAA Tournament, he will know what to expect, the difference b/w residual soreness and real issue. Will help train the injury what to do, and the body itself is brilliant, it will subconsciously protect it as well.

Its worth the gamble.
    RTZ,

If I haven't said it enough before, you are a credit to the GU board. Your post is informative, palatable, and technically correct. The best kind of correct!

Zags 92
    Waves 71
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach Few
    We are not here as a #%$&%&! Courtesy!!!

I've consistently under-rated GU's defense this season & now see the line-makers are doing it as well by setting the Total at 156-157. Doesn't compute with a 22-23 point spread. Zagsters rested, not rusty, go up/over & around improving, but choppy Waves: 92-64.

GU 96
    PU 62

88-69 Zags

91-69 GU

Zags 92

Waves 71

Taking a gamble that the Zags don't cover, but Pepp is stroking it from three.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

This game will be at 9:00 o'clock Eastern time and with very little "other games" going on the "eyes of the basketball nation" will be on the Zags tonight. It would be nice for Gonzaga to "hit on all cylinders" tonight with solid play from Crandall, Kispert, Jones AND Tillie! Really could make it hard for the other teams to game plan for March madness games!
    It's What You learn AFTER You Know It All That Counts

Zags: 90
    Waves: 70

Pistons Second Consecutive Ship beats Fresh Yankee HOTY