• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TheOtherGreatOne
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

I have a question

If Miller gets fired at Arizona, do we have a shot at Nico ?
  • thespywhozaggedme
    Banned
    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by TheOtherGreatOne View Post
    Why not? If he asks for his release, he'll be the most sought after pg and we're a perennial top 10 team in need of one. We've posted about this topic a few times and for whatever reason it got a few posters panties in a bunch.

Comment

• Zagceo
      Zag for Life
      • Nov 2013

yes

Comment

• Outraged
        Professional Zag Fan
        • Feb 2007

Could be a lot of transfers from Ariz, USC, Oregon and LSU. I expect that when all this is said and done that Scholarships and post season play will be restricted. Good opportunity for WCC to pick some up.

Comment

• Zagceo
          Zag for Life
          • Nov 2013

But along with the cloudy present was also the future: Sitting in the lower McKale Center seats Saturday were high school senior guards Nico Mannion and Josh Green, the cornerstones of UA’s top-rated 2019 recruiting class.

Comment

• bdmiller7
            Zag for Life
            • Jun 2017

It will be interesting to see if Arizona's no.1 recruiting class falls apart and where everyone ends up. Miller has to be out. One assistant guilty, another former assistant implicated, and a third fired for a violation, all under his watch. Plus his own reported involvement. Be interesting to see who replaces him.

Comment

• TheOtherGreatOne
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2007

From Miller's little speech to the crowd yesterday after the game, it sounded to me like he is done, and he knows it.

Comment

• Zagceo
                Zag for Life
                • Nov 2013

especially when asked in post game presser about it...refused comment on it or his future. gone imo

Comment

• EEzag
                  Kennel Club Alum
                  • Aug 2007

There are a lot of programs who would take that kid. Arizona needs to make a BIG splash with the next hire to keep that class intact. Sounds like Luke Walton might be looking for a job next year.......

Comment

• Mantua
                    Zag for Life
                    • Mar 2007

Luke Walton would be interested? He still has some cachet in the NBA. LeBron and Magic would be more than enough for any coach to deal with and everyone knows that. The Lakers have been sliding for years. They were lucky to get Luke, but job of rebuilding with Magic, and now LeBron too, calling the shots is impossible. My fantasy is that Coach Cal is hired by the Lakers.

When do the vultures get to start circling over Arizona’s players? Are there sneaky phone calls being made already? What if Arizona plays well in the PAC-12 Tournament? Arizona is a 9 seed. If they luck out and beat USC, they get Washington next. The Huskies haven’t been consistent lately. Lord, what if they made it to the NCAA Tournament?! Is Miller going to disappear before either tournament?
                    Last edited by Mantua; 03-11-2019, 08:06 AM.
                    Bonjour tristesse.

Comment

• caldwellzag
                      Zag for Life
                      • Jan 2018

Originally posted by Mantua View Post
                      Luke Walton would be interested? He still has some cachet in the NBA. LeBron and Magic would be more than enough for any coach to deal with and everyone knows that. The Lakers have been sliding for years. They were lucky to get Luke, but job of rebuilding with Magic, and now LeBron too, calling the shots is impossible. My fantasy is that Coach Cal is hired by the Lakers.

When do the vultures get to start circling over Arizona’s players? Are there sneaky phone calls being made already? What if Arizona plays well in the PAC-12 Tournament? Arizona is a 9 seed. If they luck out and beat USC, they get Washington next. The Huskies haven’t been consistent lately. Lord, what if they made it to the NCAA Tournament?! Is Miller going to disappear before either tournament?
                      Miller is gone and he and all his recruits and players know it. Nico is an interesting as we were in on him several times early, but never offered and never really pushed for him. We have one of the best recruiting classes in the country, minus a true PG, so he might be interested if we start recruiting him. I know everyone gets pissed at me for throwing out the name, but I truly think if Brandon Williams gets released from his scholarship and would not have to sit a year, he is the perfect fit for our system and the staff loves him. Don't throw stones just yet please!!!

Comment

• WallaWallaZag
                        Zag for Life
                        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by caldwellzag View Post
                        Miller is gone and he and all his recruits and players know it. Nico is an interesting as we were in on him several times early, but never offered and never really pushed for him. We have one of the best recruiting classes in the country, minus a true PG, so he might be interested if we start recruiting him. I know everyone gets pissed at me for throwing out the name, but I truly think if Brandon Williams gets released from his scholarship and would not have to sit a year, he is the perfect fit for our system and the staff loves him. Don't throw stones just yet please!!!
                        why would brandon williams not need to sit a year??? only appeal is for a hardship waiver and coaches getting fired don't qualify.

Comment

• Outraged
                          Professional Zag Fan
                          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by WallaWallaZag View Post
                          why would brandon williams not need to sit a year??? only appeal is for a hardship waiver and coaches getting fired don't qualify.
                          I think he is referring to the recurring knee injury. I think he would do well in a two point guard scenario.

Comment

• thespywhozaggedme
                            Banned
                            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by WallaWallaZag View Post
                            Ha! perhaps you're not familiar with Justin Fields and THE Ohio State University case? It's nauseating how the NCAA bends over backwards to appease bluebloods.

Comment

Working...
                            X