Thread: OT Will Wade LSU coach caught in FBI wiretap

Default OT Will Wade LSU coach caught in FBI wiretap

LSU coach Will Wade was reportedly caught on a wiretap obtained by the FBI in 2017 discussing a "hell of an offer" to a prospective recruit with Christian Dawkins, a former aspiring sports agent who this week was sentenced to six months in federal prison for his involvement in the college basketball corruption scandal.
    https://sports.yahoo.com/exclusive-w...175046487.html

https://www.cbssports.com/college-ba...a-report-says/

Get back to us in 4 or 5 yrs. Mr. Emmert. That oughta' give LSU time to cash a few Tourney checks.
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

That is hardly more than gossip based upon " reportedly......and has learned ".....but in any case it is in the best interest of the schools to clean this stuff up and that could be done in a matter of days...coverups seldom work.

Quote Originally Posted by bartruff1 View Post
    That is hardly more than gossip based upon " reportedly......and has learned ".....but in any case it is in the best interest of the schools to clean this stuff up and that could be done in a matter of days...coverups seldom work.
    wait, what? These are confirmed phone calls. LSU has been buying players including Smart their guard this year. I don't see how Wade could coach another game...

Quote Originally Posted by Saxon_zag View Post
    wait, what? These are confirmed phone calls. LSU has been buying players including Smart their guard this year. I don't see how Wade could coach another game...
    Nothing is going to happen to Will Wade. The NCAA is toothless and Emmert was the former AD at LSU.

Quote Originally Posted by Saxon_zag View Post
    Confirmed by who ??? They don't acknowledge a sorce….The Courts and the FBI do not release tapes regarding a ongoing investigation...Yahoo or CBS made no claim that they have the tapes or have even heard the tapes....the coaches are being called to testify for the defense …..Wade has not been charged with any crime as yet nor has Miller...

I will wait till the trial(s) are over and there are verdicsts ……..

But If I was on the Board of Regents or Trustees I would direct the Presidents of the University to get to the bottom of this pronto...

LSU UNC this whole NCAA has become a joke.

Remember when someone claimed Miller was on tap...bet it’s true.

I'm really ticked off about the talking heads saying "everybody does it, get real" in terms of "big-time" programs paying their players. It's a major point of pride with me that Gonzaga does it right, runs a clean program.

Quote Originally Posted by basketballzag View Post
    Nothing is going to happen to Will Wade. The NCAA is toothless and Emmert was the former AD at LSU.
    suspended indefinitely by LSU who says they are working hand in hand with the NCAA in their statement....... So I guess you're wrong, which isn't a surprise based off post history.

Kind of interesting that this is happening in a year when LSU took the SEC championship away from Kentucky and Tennessee.....something that no one saw coming. St. Mary's only lost to LSU by 4 in Vegas. They outplayed them. Should've beaten them in fact.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...ecruits-others

The NCAA says LSU men's basketball coach Will Wade either arranged for or offered "impermissible payments" to at least 11 potential recruits or others around them, according to documents obtained Wednesday by ESPN.

The documents say the NCAA's enforcement staff received information that Wade "arranged for, offered and/or provided impermissible payments, including cash payments, to at least 11 men's basketball prospective student-athletes, their family members, individuals associated with the prospects and/or nonscholastic coaches in exchange for the prospects' enrollment at LSU."