• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jazzdelmar
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by webspinnre View Post
    I'd think that Air Force would be tough to turn down. Great academics, good reputation.
    But it requires a whole lot more than other colleges. A whole lot more.

Comment

• Mr Vulture
      Zag for Life
      • May 2008

He has plenty of time to get more offers this season. Not every team is looking to fill out their class in November, like we typically tend to do. Depending on how much Liam has improved, he could garner interest from many team out west amongst others. With coaching changes, often times many spots open up for seniors in the Spring too. I am sure he will find the right fit for him. I would tend to agree that him walking on at Gonzaga is unlikely but a WCC offer or even lower tier Pac12 offer could eventually show up (WSU/Cal/OregonSt) types.

Comment

• ZagRecruitWatch
        Kennel Club Alum
        • Jul 2019

Originally posted by Mr Vulture View Post
        He has plenty of time to get more offers this season. Not every team is looking to fill out their class in November, like we typically tend to do. Depending on how much Liam has improved, he could garner interest from many team out west amongst others. With coaching changes, often times many spots open up for seniors in the Spring too. I am sure he will find the right fit for him. I would tend to agree that him walking on at Gonzaga is unlikely but a WCC offer or even lower tier Pac12 offer could eventually show up (WSU/Cal/OregonSt) types.
        Solid point. I could see him going to a lower Pac 12 team like OSU and he must be drawing more interest as he has raised his recruiting rankings over the last year. I don't claim to know what the kid is thinking but I can't see him playing for a MAC team when he could get his college payed for at GU and potentially be a solid role player down the road. If he did in fact take a visit to Davidson that is a quality school in the A10.

Comment

• kyle dixon
          Zag for Life
          • Mar 2007

College paid

I guess I am confused. If Liam walks on, his college would be on his own footing until offered a scholarship, right? I thought Gu did away with the employees family goes to school for free. Nevertheless, the kid is talented. His first quarter vs federal way carried prep in to the state final.

Comment

• LongIslandZagFan
            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by jazzdelmar View Post
            Post Looie, Saint johns passed on hiring mckillop from nearby Long Island Lutheran hs and haven’t recovered yet.
            JMHO the Johnnies took a turn south with the Jarvis debacle and have never recovered.
            "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Comment

• Zagdawg
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2007

Liam Lloyd
              @LiamLl0yd
              · 3m
              Excited to announce that I will be committing to Grand Canyon University!������#lopesup @GCU_MBB @GCUHavocs https://pic.twitter.com/p01Zaegl50

Comment

• webspinnre
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2007

Congrats to Liam!
                I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

Comment

• Zagdawg
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2007

Gonzaga Prep all-league wing Liam Lloyd announced his oral commitment to play basketball at Grand Canyon University via Twitter on Saturday.

Comment

• tempe85
                    Kennel Club Material
                    • Mar 2012

If you made a list of schools in the West where the student body and school admin care a lot about their basketball program then GCU is really high on that list. And this is despite the fact they've this will be only their 7th year in D1, without an NCAA tournament birth. They sold out a lot of their games last year in a 7,200 seat stadium, even outside of big matchups. Good pick by Liam in my opinion.

Comment

• White lightning
                      Zag for Life
                      • Dec 2017

Maybe a GCU non conference game in the future.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

• amaronizag
                        Bleeds GU Blue
                        • Jul 2013

I wasn't very knowledgeable about GCU until I went to PK80. I was surprised at what a big school it is. Their fans were very friendly, spirited, and represented their team and school well in that tournament. Great choice for Liam.

Comment

• bdmiller7
                          Zag for Life
                          • Jun 2017

Originally posted by amaronizag View Post
                          I wasn't very knowledgeable about GCU until I went to PK80. I was surprised at what a big school it is. Their fans were very friendly, spirited, and represented their team and school well in that tournament. Great choice for Liam.
                          They weren't in the PK80, I think you're talking about the game last year in Phoenix when GU played Tennessee and I think GCU might have played Nevada.

Comment

• amaronizag
                            Bleeds GU Blue
                            • Jul 2013

You are correct bdmiller, GCU did not play in the 2017 PK80 tournament, but their students/fans had a huge cheering section wearing team colors and were also well distributed throughout the stands. They were very supportive of GU. I sat next to some GCU fans during a couple of the games.

Comment

• bdmiller7
                              Zag for Life
                              • Jun 2017

Originally posted by amaronizag View Post
                              You are correct bdmiller, GCU did not play in the 2017 PK80 tournament, but their students/fans had a huge cheering section wearing team colors and were also well distributed throughout the stands. They were very supportive of GU. I sat next to some GCU fans during a couple of the games.
                              Makes sense. GCU has 20,000 students on campus, but another 70,000 online students. Lloyd will also get to play for Thunder Dan. He'll be one of the non-GU players I'll definitely be following.

Comment

• Argentum
                                Bulldog Fan
                                • Feb 2007

Gonzaga Recruiting Misses

So in light of last night's 46 points against Central Valley will Liam Lloyd join Joe Harris in the pantheon of all-time Gonzaga recruiting misses? Prep is so inexperienced this year it's definitely going to be a showcase season for a guy that played in Watson's shadow for the last couple years. At least Grand Canyon's not part of the WCC!

Comment

Working...
                                X