Quote Originally Posted by webspinnre View Post
    Air Force? That's a quality education.
    Lot more than that.

Looks like he's getting lots of interest:

Liam Lloyd
    ‏ @LiamLl0yd
    24m24 minutes ago

Had a great visit at Davidson today! #TCC
    “When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes.”

~ Desiderius Erasmus

Another top-notch school. Unsurprisingly, sounds like he's targeting some quality institutions.
    I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

Very solid basketball team with a great coach who isnt going to bail on him. Would be a great place for him.

I would LOVE to see Liam commit to Davidson. It is an elite academic institution with as good of a head coach as there is in D1 college basketball. There is no doubt why Tommy guided Liam towards Davidson.

Quote Originally Posted by CDC84 View Post
    I would LOVE to see Liam commit to Davidson. It is an elite academic institution with as good of a head coach as there is in D1 college basketball. There is no doubt why Tommy guided Liam towards Davidson.
    Couldn’t agree more, CDC.

A perfect fit for Liam.

"To be continued ....."
    Father Tony Lehman, SJ

One thing that amazes me about McKillop......this upcoming season will be his 30th year as head coach of the Davidson men's basketball team. A southern school in Davidson, North Carolina. McKillop grew up in Queens, and he has not lost a single bit of his deep "New York" accent. Tony Bennett, who is a hell of a lot younger than McKillop, has developed a southern accent since coaching at UVA despite his Midwestern roots. In the rock and roll world, all of Tom Petty's relatives developed southern accents from living in Gainesville. Tom never got one, even as a kid. The human tongue works in strange ways.

Quote Originally Posted by webspinnre View Post
    Air Force? That's a quality education.
    Especially if you are looking for work after retiring from the service. You don't know how many USAF people I know who are doubling up on retirements and making big bucks working for some airline company in whatever capacity after they quit the service. They have a hard time retaining people because their skills are so marketable.

Especially if you are looking for work after retiring from the service. You don't know how many USAF people I know who are doubling up on retirements and making big bucks working for some airline company in whatever capacity after they quit the service. They have a hard time retaining people because their skills are so marketable.
    For sure. One of my graduating seniors just accepted his appointment to the Air Force Academy. A fine young man. Can't go wrong with either Air Force or Davidson.
    I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

Davidson! Fine academic school in a pretty decent conference and an interesting point I heard several years ago - there are no locks on dorm room doors...they have an exacting honor code...

The AFA is also a good school, great atmosphere for football games - it also has an honor code and the discipline is pretty demanding too...demerits are handed out for the smallest infraction...strange though but the school has gone through some sexual discrimination concerns in the past...

Jerry Krause coached for a stint at Air Force didnt he?

Edit: Nope, it was West Point

"Krause initially left GU in 1993, but returned in 2001 after a five-year civilian term with the U.S. Military Academy, West Point, where he was director of instruction for the academy’s department of physical education and a sport philosophy professor."

The great Hank Egan, USD, coached Pop at AFA

One thing that amazes me about McKillop......this upcoming season will be his 30th year as head coach of the Davidson men's basketball team. A southern school in Davidson, North Carolina. McKillop grew up in Queens, and he has not lost a single bit of his deep "New York" accent. Tony Bennett, who is a hell of a lot younger than McKillop, has developed a southern accent since coaching at UVA despite his Midwestern roots. In the rock and roll world, all of Tom Petty's relatives developed southern accents from living in Gainesville. Tom never got one, even as a kid. The human tongue works in strange ways.
    No, a Noo Yawk accent is well worth keeping.

You're gonna' make my ears bleed, Jazz!!
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.