• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Goshzagit
    Zag for Life
    • Dec 2007

Originally posted by thespywhozaggedme
    Top 50ish? Jaylen Suggs is number 10 for 2020. Not number 10 at his position, number 10 in the entire class. Hes a McDonald’s All American.
    OT from OP, yet Suggs is so far away from being a Zag, or ANY school for that matter.

He hasn't even decided if he's playing football or basketball yet. Think about that for a moment.

He is still considering football INSTEAD of basketball, or even a dual-sport D1 athlete (never works at the highest level).

Now, he will likely choose basketball yet still entertaining recruitment and offers from endless schools, save Duke. Jaylen brings them up in 2018 interviews yet haven't heard much since.

We should be happy he likes us. He does. But will he even choose the sport we offer? Or the one we don't have?

Strawther friendship should help our cause IF Julian becomes a Zag.

Comment

• Zagdawg
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

Liam Lloyd: 2020 SG looking to create own legacy

“I’m not going to play for my dad,” said Liam. “I want to branch out, do something different and create my own legacy.”

Liam Lloyd has made a decision on whether or not he will stay home and play for his father at Gonzaga or go off and build his own legacy. Here's the latest on the 2020 SG.

Comment

• Zag_Dad
        Zag for Life
        • Dec 2013

Originally posted by Zagdawg View Post
        Liam Lloyd: 2020 SG looking to create own legacy

“I’m not going to play for my dad,” said Liam. “I want to branch out, do something different and create my own legacy.”

https://247sports.com/college/basket...edo-131916200/

Well then, I sincerely hope he does NOT play for Gonzaga then... as that would have to mean Tommy Lloyd is no longer with GU. If I have to chose which Lloyd I want more at GU it would be Tommy.

Best wishes to Liam. He’ll always be a Zag in my mind. He was born into it.
        Last edited by Zag_Dad; 05-10-2019, 07:27 AM.

Comment

• CDC84
          Super Moderator
          • Feb 2007

Playing under your dad in college is just generally not a good idea. I've just seen too many instances of it not panning out or it causing divisiveness in the relationship. Or divisiveness on the team. (see Steve Alford's kid).

Also, Liam's number one goal should be to go where he can get the maximum amount of PT. And there are plenty of D1 schools where he can do that. Not just Eastern either.

Comment

• Gonzagit
            Kennel Club Material
            • Nov 2017

Originally posted by CDC84 View Post
            Playing under your dad in college is just generally not a good idea. I've just seen too many instances of it not panning out or it causing divisiveness in the relationship. Or divisiveness on the team. (see Steve Alford's kid).
            Followed at UNM by Craig Neal's kid. But that's UNM...

Comment

• CDC84
              Super Moderator
              • Feb 2007

UNM fans actually gave Cullen Neal death threats. He had to get out of town to save his life. It was that bad. My dad saw every game Cullen played at UNM. Wild shot selection at times, but UNM capable. But once Alford left, Krebs robbed the program blind, and the basketball program faltered under Noodles, Cullen became a target. It was really sad.

I doubt anything would ever occur like that at Gonzaga!

Comment

• SLOZag
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2007

"... [T]here are plenty of D1 schools where he can do that. Not just Eastern either.
                "Lloyd ... currently holds offers from Air Force, Eastern Washington and Toledo."

Liam Lloyd has made a decision on whether or not he will stay home and play for his father at Gonzaga or go off and build his own legacy. Here's the latest on the 2020 SG.
                SLOZag
                "Kids come here to better their own lives, not ours. If you take a player’s failures as a personal affront…. check yourself." - Chick-Stratino'sUrDaddy

Comment

• zagfan1970
                  Kennel Club Material
                  • Feb 2011

Also, Liam's number one goal should be to go where he can get the maximum amount of PT. And there are plenty of D1 schools where he can do that. Not just Eastern either.
                  Drew,McDermott, Boeheim? Some work out just fine. But it is obviously up to the kid.

Comment

• sittingon50
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by SLOZag View Post
                    "Lloyd ... currently holds offers from Air Force, Eastern Washington and Toledo."

I wonder if "creating his own legacy" means "get out of Dodge" and eliminates EWU's chances?
                    But we don't play nobody.

Comment

• webspinnre
                      Zag for Life
                      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by SLOZag View Post

Air Force? That's a quality education.
                      I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

Comment

• jazzdelmar
                        Zag for Life
                        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by webspinnre View Post
                        Air Force? That's a quality education.
                        Lot more than that.

Comment

• Radbooks
                          Zag for Life
                          • Jun 2007

Looks like he's getting lots of interest:

Liam Lloyd
                          ‏ @LiamLl0yd
                          24m24 minutes ago

Had a great visit at Davidson today! #TCC
                          “When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes.”

~ Desiderius Erasmus

Comment

• webspinnre
                            Zag for Life
                            • Feb 2007

Another top-notch school. Unsurprisingly, sounds like he's targeting some quality institutions.
                            I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

Comment

• bdmiller7
                              Zag for Life
                              • Jun 2017

Very solid basketball team with a great coach who isnt going to bail on him. Would be a great place for him.

Comment

• CDC84
                                Super Moderator
                                • Feb 2007

I would LOVE to see Liam commit to Davidson. It is an elite academic institution with as good of a head coach as there is in D1 college basketball. There is no doubt why Tommy guided Liam towards Davidson.

Comment

Working...
                                X