• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gonzagafan62
    Zag for Life
    • Nov 2013

Liam Lloyd 2020?

I really have no clue how good he is or ANYTHING for that matter. Haven’t seen a thread about him. Does he show any interest of coming here as a walkon? Idk maybe it’d benefit him to go elsewhere? Someone plz help
    Qualified for 26 Straight Big Dances

15 Straight Round of 32s

14 Sweet Sixteens (9 Straight)

6 Elite Eights

2017 AND 2021 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

2021 Undefeated Regular Season

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.
  • cggonzaga
    Zag for Life
    • Mar 2007

Originally posted by gonzagafan62 View Post
    I really have no clue how good he is or ANYTHING for that matter. Haven’t seen a thread about him. Does he show any interest of coming here as a walkon? Idk maybe it’d benefit him to go elsewhere? Someone plz help
    From what I’ve heard he does not want to play at GU. Nor is he good enough imo.

Comment

• Zag_Dad
      Zag for Life
      • Dec 2013

Originally posted by cggonzaga View Post
      From what I’ve heard he does not want to play at GU. Nor is he good enough imo.
      That’s curious? His only offer so far is Eastern? Perhaps that validates your claim that he’s not good enough to walk on for GU. He was the leading scorer in the semi-final State championship game. Outscoring Watson and I believe put up more points that Jayden McDaniels who’s a Burger Boy destined for a Blue chip school.
      It would seem odd that he wouldnt be interested in playing for GU. He grew up with the program. I remember him and Few’s kids at all the GU games. The players loved those kids and they seemed to be “family”. Hard to imagine he wouldn’t want to be part of that family as a player, even if it’s as a walk on.

Comment

• RenoZag
        Super Moderator
        • Feb 2007

Not hard to imagine an 18 year-old might want to stretch his wings a bit and perhaps play ball for a coach that isn't his father. . .if his skills or size would make him a pine rider at Gonzaga, wouldn't he be better served to go somewhere he can play ?
        Last edited by RenoZag; 03-07-2019, 08:45 PM.
        The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

• White lightning
          Zag for Life
          • Dec 2017

I remember this kid named David Stockton. Walked on I believe. Wasn't projected to be much of a player. Next thing you know playing in the NBA.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

• maynard g krebs
            Zag for Life
            • Sep 2009

I saw Lloyd play last year and this at state. He looked bigger and stronger by quite a bit this year, and his jumper looked a lot better. Fifteen years ago I would have thought he had a shot at becoming the next Kyle Bankhead or Ryan Floyd. Becoming a pretty nice player. But not likely to compete with the top 50ish guys the Zags are getting now.

Comment

• caldwellzag
              Zag for Life
              • Jan 2018

Originally posted by maynard g krebs View Post
              I saw Lloyd play last year and this at state. He looked bigger and stronger by quite a bit this year, and his jumper looked a lot better. Fifteen years ago I would have thought he had a shot at becoming the next Kyle Bankhead or Ryan Floyd. Becoming a pretty nice player. But not likely to compete with the top 50ish guys the Zags are getting now.
              I agree with you here all the way. Lloyd could be a classic throw back local Zag who walks on and becomes a decent player. Problem for Liam and other is we are landing better and better players, and Suggs would be our highest rated ever and could end up Top 5 in the country by the time it's all said and done.

Comment

• maynard g krebs
                Zag for Life
                • Sep 2009

Originally posted by thespywhozaggedme
                Top 50ish? Jaylen Suggs is number 10 for 2020. Not number 10 at his position, number 10 in the entire class. Hes a McDonald’s All American.
                Top 50 does include guys ranked above 50.
                Point was that recruiting level has risen to the point where a kid like Lloyd wouldn't have the same chance that the above mentioned guys did. Most of next year's guys are in the 30-50 range, from what I read. I haven't followed the Suggs thread; is he a done deal, or close?

Comment

• GonzagasaurusFlex
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2007

Top 50ish? Jaylen Suggs is number 10 for 2020. Not number 10 at his position, number 10 in the entire class. Hes a McDonald’s All American.
                  Lighten up Francis and pump the brakes. Unless my faithful tracking of our Whelping Box Forum has missed something, Suggs has not made a verbal commitment to Zags so no need to correct the Top 50ish generalization of types of recruits Liam Lloyd would have to compete against for a meaningful role.

As for young Mr Lloyd’s college hoops future and prospects, all there is to say is that he is already a Zag and ZagNation will cheer for him wherever he goes.
                  Even though I care a lot about my basketball opinions, they are like comparing a bicycle to a championship motorcycle who is our coach. . ZagsGoZags

Comment

• Mantua
                    Zag for Life
                    • Mar 2007

Liam is too fiery a player to dismiss at such a young age.
                    Bonjour tristesse.

Comment

• cggonzaga
                      Zag for Life
                      • Mar 2007

Originally posted by RenoZag View Post
                      Not hard to imagine an 18 year-old might want to stretch his wings a bit and perhaps play ball for a coach that isn't his father. . .if his skills or size would make him a pine rider at Gonzaga, wouldn't he be better served to go somewhere he can play ?

Comment

• WallaWallaZag
                        Zag for Life
                        • Feb 2007

you act like it's a done deal with suggs...far from it.

anyways, top 50ish is still the range most future zag recruits are going to fall into...high 4 star guys like pretty much the entire incoming class minus ravet.

Comment

• Radbooks
                          Zag for Life
                          • Jun 2007

I know there doesn't seem to be much on here about recruiting Liam, but here's a video from an AAU tourney in Chicago last weekend:

“When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes.”

~ Desiderius Erasmus

Comment

• hooter73
                            Zag for Life
                            • Jun 2008

Nice high release and five bucks says he knows the game better than I do.

I bet he will get some D1 offers.

Comment

• Mr Vulture
                              Zag for Life
                              • May 2008

Originally posted by hooter73 View Post
                              Nice high release and five bucks says he knows the game better than I do.

I bet he will get some D1 offers.
                              I agree, he will have some offers to play in college. Will be interesting to see where he goes.

Comment

Working...
                              X