View Poll Results: MVP for 2018-2019 season.

Voters
109. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hachimura

12 11.01%
  • Clarke

51 46.79%
  • Perkins

44 40.37%
  • Norvell, Jr.

0 0%
  • Other

2 1.83%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2018-2019 Gonzaga MVP

Default 2018-2019 Gonzaga MVP

Which Gonzaga player is your MVP for this regular season?

Clarke. This team is made by his block.
    Japanese fan

Quote Originally Posted by Skimhvn View Post
    Clarke. This team is made by his block.
    For a big Rui fan, I salute you for your comment. 尊敬

I could have easily picked Rui or Clarke, but had to go with Perkins for running the offense like he does. Clarke is the best two-way player, and maybe the best we’ve ever had. Rui is a nightmare for the opposing team on offense and is solid defensively, and will probably be the best professional player. Norvell is my early favorite for next year.

Reverse engineering, who can they least afford to lose. Easy.......Perks.

I wish people could spell “Clarke” lol seasons almost over and he’ll be gone
    21 Straight Big Dances

11 Straight Round of 32s

10 Sweet Sixteens (5 Straight)

4 Elite Eights

2017 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    This, I voted for Jen.....er Perkins
    Birddog

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Copy that...........................Josh is the straw that stirs the drink!! So, by reverse engineering, that makes Rui the tequila, Zach the lime, and BC the salt on the rim.

Go ZAGS

Quote Originally Posted by TacomaZAG View Post
    Copy that...........................Josh is the straw that stirs the drink!! So, by reverse engineering, that makes Rui the tequila, Zach the lime, and BC the salt on the rim.

Go ZAGS
    You stir shooters?
    Birddog

Brandon and Rui might be superior players, but Josh is the most important player to the Zags.

All are vital to the success of the team, of course, and we are lucky to have them representing the school.

I voted for other because losing any one of Rui, Clarke, Perkins or Norvelle and the TEAM would not be where it is.
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

Clarke hands down.

The team is virtually the same as last year without him. The difference between being #1 and somewhere in the top 15.
    I miss Mike Hart

Quote Originally Posted by MickMick View Post
    Clarke hands down.

The team is virtually the same as last year without him. The difference between being #1 and somewhere in the top 15.
    Yes, but Rui is certainly a different player this year, and I’d argue that Perkins is much improved as well.

Josh Perkins!

Making Gonzaga basketball history for being unselfish and smart!

Perkins is the heart of this team as well as the most difficult to replace.......

Quote Originally Posted by Birddog View Post
    You stir shooters?
    Good point Bird....................must be the tequila!!

Go ZAGS

I voted for Clarke. I expected Rui to be this good. I expected senior leadership from Josh. I expected Tillie to be at least as good as he was last year. I think Clarke, through his play on offense, and especially defense, has allowed everyone else around him to be that much better.
    My posts indicate that I don't seem to follow college basketball all that closely.

Voted for Clark. His defense might be the best we have ever seen at GU and that is saying a lot. His offense was pretty stellar too. To average 16.6/8.5 a game shooting near 70% plus 3.2 blocks per game is phenomenal!

Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    I voted for other because losing any one of Rui, Clarke, Perkins or Norvelle and the TEAM would not be where it is.
    Agree with Will. Tough question because it’s hard to say if Rui (reliable 20 points a night), Clarke (stunning athlete and block champ), Perkins (director extrordinaire), Norvell (dagger & driver), and now an emerging Geno (provides the pace and energy) will carry us far. Could be any of these guys.
    To this point Brandon likely is the biggest asset but Perkins contribution while less flashy in point scoring might be our key.
    To Fish & Game: Keep streams stocked well for Mr. Few!

I'm fine with Clarke, Perkins or Rui being our most valuable player (even if I'm always a little confused about what that really means). I would argue this board undervalues Rui's contribution. The little pick n roll wheel to the hoop alley-oop action to Clarke doesn't work if the other big guy's defender can sag and stand right in front of the hoop. But it works for a couple Clarke dunks per game because Rui demands defensive attention and the defender cannot help to take away that play. Clarke, who is more of a take advantage of an opportunity type player, benefits massively by playing next to Rui who is a create your own opportunity player. Our offensive spacing ... everything is helped by Rui's ability to score at the basket or operate from the high post.

And I'm not saying Clarke hasn't demonstrated some of those same skills, but if you watch how teams play Clarke (off of him and sagging toward the rim to help when he's at 15 to 18 feet without the ball) vs Rui (where they give much less space because that's where he wants the ball), Rui is being scouted and game-planned for in an entirely different way that benefits Clarke.

MVP isn't the same as best player. As of right now, it's Josh. His mental game is so much better than it used to be. Hopefully, after the season is over, the answer will be Snacks. IF ZN gets hot like only ZN can, he can Kemba-Walker this team to a Natty.

No wrong answers here. Most VALUABLE? Probably Josh. Maybe Brandon. I picked Rui. I think because great things were expected, he’s slightly underrated.

Like I said, no wrong answers.

Quote Originally Posted by 23dpg View Post
    No wrong answers here. Most VALUABLE? Probably Josh. Maybe Brandon. I picked Rui. I think because great things were expected, he’s slightly underrated.

Like I said, no wrong answers.
    Although I picked Josh, I agree that there really isn't a wrong answer for a myriad of reasons.

One thing I've wanted to comment on but haven't yet, is that I have noticed a higher level of intensity from Rui Hachimura lately. I think (as we say in distance running circles) he is putting on a surge right now and is trying to make the competition hurt. Continuing this metaphor, just when they start hurting is the perfect time to start the hard sprint for the finish!

Quote Originally Posted by TacomaZAG View Post
    Good point Bird....................must be the tequila!!

Go ZAGS
    Cheap tequila will do that.
    Birddog

I chose Josh because he is so good at orchestrating the game but really they are all the most valuable to this TEAM.