Thread: How to treat ZBWS?

Unhappy How to treat ZBWS?

Maybe a bit premature, but snowed in here, nothing to do and tonight’s game the day’s only saving grace.

But, with almost 8 day’s between tonight’s game and the Zags next at the WCC tourney? Somebody help me! Already battling ZBWS, Zag Basketball Withdrawal Syndrome.

Hey, maybe just post how you’re going to deal with it. I know, and you know you’ve got it, or soon will, so let ‘er rip!

Two things.

Watch the WCC tournament with an eye on who is coming back next year.

Watch every other CBB game between now and the first round of the NCAA's to get a feel for potential matchups for the Zags. Do your own scouting reports.

Okay, three things. Plan your spring garden.

Thumbs up

Record snowfall here in Feb...... about 6' and temps 20 degrees below normal..... snowing this morning....Gonzaga Basketball is great entertainment during the winter evenings....but in the lull before the Dance.....I am going to Arizona where the record rainfall has created a desert that will soon be in full bloom...a magical place ….and it it about 85 degrees...

Will be bouncing off the walls, getting hyper, until I head down to Vegas at the end of week.

Good time for single malt sipping.

Quote Originally Posted by CDC84 View Post
    Good time for single malt sipping.
    Doing lots of that as well with small batch Bourbon.

Quote Originally Posted by bartruff1 View Post
    Record snowfall here in Feb...... about 6' and temps 20 degrees below normal..... snowing this morning....Gonzaga Basketball is great entertainment during the winter evenings....but in the lull before the Dance.....I am going to Arizona where the record rainfall has created a desert that will soon be in full bloom...a magical place ….and it it about 85 degrees...
    You Dog! Won’t hit Zero here today. AZ envious! Have save travels. Have seen pictures of the desert after those heavy rain seasons. Absolutely spectacular!

single malts sipping sounds good while watching all the other teams, like UK-TN right now, and scouting them for fun

Walk on the beach? No? There was one?

I’m suffering Goodbye Syndrome, the pain of seeing great players leave us...AGAIN! (I still miss Steven Gray.) There’s lots of fun basketball stuff to watch during the summer along with soccer, Wimbledon and Le Tour de France. I’m dreading the August-October information drought.
    Parlez-vous français?

Quote Originally Posted by Mantua View Post
    I’m suffering Goodbye Syndrome, the pain of seeing great players leave us...AGAIN! (I still miss Steven Gray.) There’s lots of fun basketball stuff to watch during the summer along with soccer, Wimbledon and Le Tour de France. I’m dreading the August-October information drought.
    I suspect the run up to the draft will be very consuming.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantua View Post
    Yeah, the Goodbye Syndrome is serious stuff. My guy is Shemmick. Like losing a brother. Never be the same.

It will be weird at first; I am so used to watching the Zags every Thurs and Sat. However, Pac-12 is still going, so probably will catch up with them. The NBA can wait until the playoffs start.
    UNITED WE ZAG !!

Lets not get so nostalgic yet. The NCAA tournament is coming. This is the big one. We must go deep. Real Deep this time or all we will remember (of this season) is that we didn't. Florida State still hurts a bit. At least we are not dependent on Killian Tillie any more although it would be real nice to have him playing and healthy. Sad, he's always seemed so promising.

some minor withdrawals over here, can't wait to see these guys play again

This withdrawal is killing me. I tried watching some of the early round WCC tourney. These teams look worse now than when we played them. And what, there's like 800 people at Orleans? Obviously they are waiting for when the REAL team arrives.
    UNITED WE ZAG !!

Quote Originally Posted by SorenTodd45 View Post
    This withdrawal is killing me. I tried watching some of the early round WCC tourney. These teams look worse now than when we played them. And what, there's like 800 people at Orleans? Obviously they are waiting for when the REAL team arrives.
    BYU turnout is huge also, I would estimate about as much as zag nation (I have only been there 5 times, so a small sample admittedly).

Driving time provo to vegas, 5 hrs, spokane to vegas 1 hrs
    Last edited by ZagsGoZags; 03-10-2019 at 04:10 AM.

How about some Zag trivia to help kill some time.

These nine Zags all played multiple seasons under head coach Mark Few:

Manny Arop
    Kyle Bankhead
    Brian Bhaskar
    Stephen Gentry
    Steven Gray
    Eric McClellan
    Robert Sacre
    Tony Skinner
    Ronny Turiaf

What do they have in common?

this question is too hard

Quote Originally Posted by ZagsGoZags View Post
    this question is too hard
    I was afraid of that.

They all played using two different uniform numbers.

Arop 1 & 10
    Bankhead 20 & 24
    Bhaskar 14 & 22
    Gentry 13 & 24
    Gray 32 & 41
    McClellan 21 & 23
    Sacre 21 & 00
    Skinner 4 & 25
    Turiaf 1 & 35

BYU turnout is huge also, I would estimate about as much as zag nation (I have only been there 5 times, so a small sample admittedly).

BYU turnout this year is WAY down. Student section last night looked less than 50. General audience about 15 % flying the cougar blue. Gonzaga about 60% of the attendance at both mens and women's games yesterday, and we weren't even playing!!

Hard to believe this season is almost over. Only 8 more games, maximum (let's hope it's eight). But once November gets here -- Brock and Drew, baybee!
    UNITED WE ZAG !!

Quote Originally Posted by SorenTodd45 View Post
    Hard to believe this season is almost over. Only 8 more games, maximum (let's hope it's eight). But once November gets here -- Brock and Drew, baybee!
    Let’s not forget the other five new members of the family. It’s going to be awesome!

oops, I meant 15 hrs from spokane to vegas driving