Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: yet ANOTHER thread about us on Kentucky’s board

Default yet ANOTHER thread about us on Kentucky’s board

This is literally like the fifth thread about us in the last week on their board. Their obsession with us is bizarre.

https://kentucky.forums.rivals.com/t...hedule.289312/

Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    This is literally like the fifth thread about us in the last week on their board. Their obsession with us is bizarre.

Almost makes me want to register. Some of them are clearly delusional...but nothing anybody says, including their current members, will make a difference.
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    Almost makes me want to register. Some of them are clearly delusional...but nothing anybody says, including their current members, will make a difference.
    It really is like a time warp back to 2001 or 2002 with the majority of their fans. There are two or three guys there that are defending us using logic, facts and reason but the rest of their Fanbase are complete morons. And I say that with complete sincerity. I did register last week just to respond to a few of their posts and I have been surprisingly calm and civil for the most part. Gozags has been great though he hasn’t got to this thread yet.

Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post

...make sure to mention to those Kentucky fans that they have ONE national championship since 1998!!!!!!! With all that talent the Wildcats have underachieved through the years much more than the Zags!
    Also they keep bringing up the 1-2 against top teams...well in 2 of those Gonzaga was down 2 of their top 7 players and really ran out of gas against Tennessee!! Oh well, they KNOW so much more than the rest of the basketball world!
    It's What You learn AFTER You Know It All That Counts

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaZagFan View Post
    ...make sure to mention to those Kentucky fans that they have ONE national championship since 1998!!!!!!! With all that talent the Wildcats have underachieved through the years much more than the Zags!
    Also they keep bringing up the 1-2 against top teams...well in 2 of those Gonzaga was down 2 of their top 7 players and really ran out of gas against Tennessee!! Oh well, they KNOW so much more than the rest of the basketball world!
    The condescension and arrogance is… Well, it’s expected.

Kinda proud....blue bloods are mad..

Not sure what kind of class Kentucky has coming in for 2019, but GU has the #4 recruiting class for 2019.

GoZags tends to shut them up. When he posts the facts, they take their ball and go home.

They don't know, or understand, that for most of these teams...the Zag game IS their NCAA. A win against the Zags, no matter how, and they have a building block towards next year.

I know the SEC has more good teams than the WCC, but the middle of the road teams are just as good, and there are fewer of the cellar dwellers. They have lived in rarefied air so long that they are no longer cognizant of that.

AND, they are entitled fans that are once again threatened by an upstart mid major...no matter the 20 year record.
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

Well, today I learned that if you're not in a major conference you can NEVER, ever be a 1-seed.

Morons.

The comparisons that Duke, Kentucky, or any high major team would crush the WCC is valid. And if Gonzaga had to play in the ACC, they undoubtedly would accure some losses. But try maininting the status of a blue blood or top 5 team with a WCC budget. Imagine if the Zags had ACC resources with multiple tourney units.

If the Zags play Kentucky I can only hope that they get the ball across half court, once in each half.
    We didn't want the guy anyway.

It's a message board for Kentucky fans. Who cares.

Quote Originally Posted by CB4 View Post
    Agreed! Why should I care what some disgruntled Kentucky fans think about the Zags? It seems weird and insecure to me for Zag fans to go looking for negative comments about us on other fan boards.

It's because in their eyes, Gonzaga is their biggest threat to landing a #1 seed. I've been saying for weeks that GU is the obsession of podcasts and radio shows throughout the state of KY. The fact that Gonzaga is #1 in the AP is aggravating the situation even more.

These are people who are so obsessed with their Wildcats that some of them (more of them than you'd think) ask to be buried in Kentucky Wildcat warm ups. Not exactly the most objective group of people. I mean, every fan base has an element that only sees their team thru rose tinted glasses (or in this case, blue tinted glasses), by KY takes it to the utter extreme.

Quote Originally Posted by CDC84 View Post
    I

These are people who are so obsessed with their Wildcats that some of them (more of them than you'd think) ask to be buried in Kentucky Wildcat warm ups..
    Eff them and their basketball team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by RenoZag; 03-01-2019 at 05:27 AM.

Basketball Web Sites Listing

"The most interesting place exists between how people see themselves and how other people do." -- Wright Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    They also marry their cousins and vote for Mitch McConnell. Eff them and their basketball team.

Reno, I think you can be better than this.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Quote Originally Posted by CB4 View Post
    Well, if you were on a message board about marriage and relationships and you came across a thread, no not one thread but literally five separate threads over a 10 day period specifically dedicated to trashing your spouse and/or loved ones would you just say “who cares”, or would you tactfully try to defend those that you love?

Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    Eff them and their basketball team.

The people that represent you in a Republic are a reflection of your character and values.....remembering the bad old days of Jim Crow and the Green Book and how they treated Elgin Baylor.....it is ironic to see those tens of thousands of good old boys rooting for a team of mostly black players.... so that is progress ...it is a fools errand to think you can change their minds...why bother....

It would probably be fair to give Duke, UVA or one of the top 5 teams right now the number 1 overall seed if they win out in the season and conference tournament. They would have won a lot of big games by the point. I’d be happy with a one seed out west, even if it was the 4th one.

The truth of the matter is that Kentucky shot itself in the foot with bad losses and have nobody to blame but themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
    It would probably be fair to give Duke, UVA or one of the top 5 teams right now the number 1 overall seed if they win out in the season and conference tournament. They would have won a lot of big games by the point. I’d be happy with a one seed out west, even if it was the 4th one.

The truth of the matter is that Kentucky shot itself in the foot with bad losses and have nobody to blame but themselves.
    Gonzaga deserves their ranking and projected seed....that is the system....they did what they had to do...but I would not bet they will beat Kentucky, Duke or Virginia or even several other teams in the ACC and SEC....but it is a one game and your out crap shoot so I think Gonzaga has a punchers chance....with a healthy Tillie....a much better chance....

Spy,

Or maybe... your obsession with them is bizarre. Or at least your obsession to report on how the other boards aren't being fair. If what they are posting is so upsetting to you, simple solution is, don't go over there and read about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Spike#1 View Post
    Spy,

Or maybe... your obsession with them is bizarre. Or at least your obsession to report on how the other boards aren't being fair. If what they are posting is so upsetting to you, simple solution is, don't go over there and read about it.

Well, if you were on a message board about marriage and relationships and you came across a thread, no not one thread but literally five separate threads over a 10 day period specifically dedicated to trashing your spouse and/or loved ones would you just say “who cares”, or would you tactfully try to defend those that you love? By your post, we know where you stand. I stand elsewhere. Do you respect the fact that we have different opinions?

Here's a deal: how about we take the #1 out west and get to choose our pod (San Jose!), and the P5 guys can have the higher 1 seeds (i.e., we're the 4th #1). Deal?

Because if the big guys think we don't belong on the 1 line AT ALL, that's just stupid, and you can't fix (or bargain with) stupid.
    Your children have been placed in the custody of...Carl's Jr.

Yes Spy, certainly respect that we can have differing opinions. You are the one that is getting all worked up over some differing opinions on another board.

I'm just saying that you really don't need to report back to this board, that fans on another board are saying mean things about GU.

Glass houses Spy.