Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 91

Thread: Brock Ravet on SWX in Spokane area at a little after 10:30 AM

  1. #51
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    2,983

    Default

    Toledo has three rim in and out. 55-50 3 seconds left

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    11,603

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Birddog View Post
    So WTH happened? did the show switch over to Heidi?
    You're on fire today Bird!!

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    2,983

    Default

    57-50 3 seconds left

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    2,983

    Default

    Final 57-50 Kittitas wins.

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Spokane
    Posts
    2,864

    Default

    So, Kittitas plays Brewster at 3:45 PM tomorrow. It looked like one of their taller players, number 12, suffered a pulled hamstring, so tomorrow might be a challenge for Kittitas. However, I expect Ravet to shoot better than today.

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    PNWest
    Posts
    3,303

    Default

    Kittitas wins 57-50
    "Learn from the past, Plan for the future, Live in the Now!"

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    2,983

    Default

    I'm just a fan and no expert but my takeaways from that game were.
    1. Ravet has a great handle
    2.He is able to drive at will against these state B players with his stop and go dribble drive and a VERY nice crossover
    3.He has great vision and sees plays before they are even there.
    4.His passing is crisp and precise.
    5. His footspeed is not quick but I wouldn't say he is slow (he creates separation through his handle and skill)
    6. A couple times his defense was almost non existent but I think he may have been tired because he also had a couple turnovers forced at the end of the third quarter.

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Colville, Wa.
    Posts
    13,552

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Birddog View Post
    So WTH happened? did the show switch over to Heidi?

    Think you have to be an AARP member to get that one, bird.
    We didn't want the guy anyway.

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,590

    Default

    Brock can play, he has the green light from anywhere and is not shy about shooting. That being said he could have had 10-15 assists had teammates hit the wide open shots he found for them. He loves the step back and it was not falling today. He has a good handle and sees the floor well. If Dad had instructed him to go to the hoop instead of shooting the long 3's this is an easy double figure win. Hard to have an opinion on his D since it is pretty obvious that Defense is not stressed and he is not asked to do much on that end of the floor other than rest. Instincts are there and hopefully he takes to defensive coaching at the next level. For this level his sharing of the ball is A+ and if he was not so unselfish could easily average 40 a game against the level of comp. Will be interesting to see how works surrounded by the talent next year. It is easy to see why the coaches like his potential.

  10. #60
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    3,494

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vandalzag View Post
    Brock can play, he has the green light from anywhere and is not shy about shooting. That being said he could have had 10-15 assists had teammates hit the wide open shots he found for them. He loves the step back and it was not falling today. He has a good handle and sees the floor well. If Dad had instructed him to go to the hoop instead of shooting the long 3's this is an easy double figure win. Hard to have an opinion on his D since it is pretty obvious that Defense is not stressed and he is not asked to do much on that end of the floor other than rest. Instincts are there and hopefully he takes to defensive coaching at the next level. For this level his sharing of the ball is A+ and if he was not so unselfish could easily average 40 a game against the level of comp. Will be interesting to see how works surrounded by the talent next year. It is easy to see why the coaches like his potential.
    His step back shot is awesome and usually on point, yet highly doubt Coach Few will ever allow it.

  11. #61
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Edgewood, WA
    Posts
    1,418

    Default

    Norvell shoots the step back quite often. I haven't seen Few ban his.

  12. #62
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    3,494

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mgadfly View Post
    Norvell shoots the step back quite often. I haven't seen Few ban his.
    I hear you, however, Norvell is more a jab step pull back shot.

    Wouldn't call Zach's a true/patented step back cross over like Ravet does.

  13. #63
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    3,935

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by raise the zag View Post
    His step back shot is awesome and usually on point, yet highly doubt Coach Few will ever allow it.
    I’ve seen Ravet play quite a bit. While the step back can be on point he is fairly inconsistent with it. It has been a little more consistent this past year.

  14. #64
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,590

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by raise the zag View Post
    His step back shot is awesome and usually on point, yet highly doubt Coach Few will ever allow it.
    I doubt he will allow the 25 ft step back fade away that he was shooting today. It will however be an effective weapon driving at the hoop.

  15. #65
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    PNWest
    Posts
    3,303

    Default

    Wow, I understand potential and the kid oozes it... lackadaisical playing style reminds me of a young JP when I was calling him loopy for his careless passes... guess I don't know what crisp means... I always though you pass the ball so the receiver can accept it as he is going through his shooting motion, not just somewhere near him... I recorded the game and will watch it again.... he's young and will get better but IMO not D1 ready at this point... his best attributes are on offense however someone like Geno would eat him up... not fast but has the ability to change tempo ala Pangos and Captain Matt... definitely better than his competition but no one I saw on either team was D1 caliber except Ravet... good BB IQ, and I can see him contributing... I would take Snacks over him at pg in a heartbeat and not think twice.... in time he will be an asset and contributor but I will be surprised if he plays 10+ min next year... he does look like a defensive liability at the D1 level....

    Just my opinion... but what the hell do I know?

    Go !! Zags!!!
    "Learn from the past, Plan for the future, Live in the Now!"

  16. #66
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Wenatchee, Wa
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Ravet had 26 points in what I would call “an off day” shooting for him. Very good dribble drives and passing. Tomorrow’s game against Brewster should be a good one with Joe Taylor hopefully matching up defensively against Brock.

  17. #67
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    2,983

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bigblahla View Post
    Wow, I understand potential and the kid oozes it... lackadaisical playing style reminds me of a young JP when I was calling him loopy for his careless passes... guess I don't know what crisp means... I always though you pass the ball so the receiver can accept it as he is going through his shooting motion, not just somewhere near him... I recorded the game and will watch it again.... he's young and will get better but IMO not D1 ready at this point... his best attributes are on offense however someone like Geno would eat him up... not fast but has the ability to change tempo ala Pangos and Captain Matt... definitely better than his competition but no one I saw on either team was D1 caliber except Ravet... good BB IQ, and I can see him contributing... I would take Snacks over him at pg in a heartbeat and not think twice.... in time he will be an asset and contributor but I will be surprised if he plays 10+ min next year... he does look like a defensive liability at the D1 level....


    Just my opinion... but what the hell do I know?

    Go !! Zags!!!
    No doubt Norvell would be a better option running this team year 1. He has a lot of time and experience on Ravet not to mention physically much tougher and quicker. Don't agree on the passing but maybe I need to rewatch.
    The defensive concerns are legit but stating that Geno would eat him up( defensively shut him down) is presumptuous considering the coaches watched him play against our current team and he acquitted himself well enough for them to offer him on the spot.
    Offensively, I don't think there is any question this kid is very talented and capable.

  18. #68
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Colbert, WA
    Posts
    76

    Default

    Perhaps he is such a key on offense that he is coached to rest on defense and they definitely don't want him in foul trouble. With the bball IQ he displays, I sure would think that that would carryover to defense as well.
    2Zags4Pups

  19. #69
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    11,841

    Default

    Give him1 year. He'll score 20ppg if he is quick enough. The one thing I see is that when he's got the ball is that with all his quirky moves, the defender is confused. Brock look like he' going in multiple directions all at once. unusual to say the least. Kind of like a running back who jukes one way and then jukes the other. His step back will get him lots of points. Adjusting to D1 won't be too hard for him. It's the defense he needs to improve on. Great passer and shooter and has great vision.

  20. #70
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    15

    Default

    What I noticed is that Brock draws a lot of fouls
    Probably the only Gonzaga fan in Ireland!

  21. #71
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    PNWest
    Posts
    3,303

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NEC26 View Post
    No doubt Norvell would be a better option running this team year 1. He has a lot of time and experience on Ravet not to mention physically much tougher and quicker. Don't agree on the passing but maybe I need to rewatch.
    The defensive concerns are legit but stating that Geno would eat him up( defensively shut him down) is presumptuous considering the coaches watched him play against our current team and he acquitted himself well enough for them to offer him on the spot.
    Offensively, I don't think there is any question this kid is very talented and capable.
    Pargo is not the defender Geno is.... what I saw was a kid with game who had more talent than any other player on the court and knew it... he didn't seem to push himself or play hard all the time... Yes, you let the game come to you but you also play hard... I think he'll grow into what Tommy and Coach thinks he will be but I don't see him as a major contributor next season.... I would absolutely love him to prove me wrong... I glad he's a Zag and this is just my opinion...

    Go!! Zags!!!
    Last edited by bigblahla; 02-28-2019 at 02:05 PM.
    "Learn from the past, Plan for the future, Live in the Now!"

  22. #72
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    PNWest
    Posts
    3,303

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MDABE80 View Post
    Give him1 year. He'll score 20ppg if he is quick enough. The one thing I see is that when he's got the ball is that with all his quirky moves, the defender is confused. Brock look like he' going in multiple directions all at once. unusual to say the least. Kind of like a running back who jukes one way and then jukes the other. His step back will get him lots of points. Adjusting to D1 won't be too hard for him. It's the defense he needs to improve on. Great passer and shooter and has great vision.
    Many old school fundamentals not taught anymore... don't watch the feet, eyes or head.... the body always goes where the navel goes... not any harder than that... works in basketball too....

    Go!! Zags!!!
    "Learn from the past, Plan for the future, Live in the Now!"

  23. #73
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Colville, Wa.
    Posts
    13,552

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bigblahla View Post
    . the body always goes where the navel goes... Go!! Zags!!!
    Is that true for both innies AND outies?
    We didn't want the guy anyway.

  24. #74
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    PNWest
    Posts
    3,303

    Default

    absolutely 50.... ... words of wisdom from Bob Young... I know both you and bird remember him..

    Go!! Zags!!!
    "Learn from the past, Plan for the future, Live in the Now!"

  25. #75
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,089

    Default

    I did like that he looks for the free throw line elbow jumper, though he doesn't get near the elevation that Rui does obviously. I'll say this, I only have watched him in this one game and it's not a stretch to say he could be a Raivio type player SOMEDAY.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •