Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 91

Thread: Brock Ravet on SWX in Spokane area at a little after 10:30 AM

  1. #26
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    2,983

    Default

    Toledo hits long three to take 2 point lead.

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    2,983

    Default

    Kittitas up 1 on a three. Assist to Ravet on that one.

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    11,603

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NEC26 View Post
    I do, he is lightning quick with his passes (not telegraphed at all) and they have a lot of zip on them. I have been pleasantly surprised.
    You're awesome NEC26. Thanks for answering my inane questions. One more and you can just ignore me if you can't tell or don't feel like answering. Stockton and other good passers were excellent at delivering the ball exactly where the offensive teammate would have the most success. Can you tell if Brock's passing is at that level?

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    2,983

    Default

    Kittitas up 3 three. Drive and dish by Ravet. Another assist

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    4,175

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NEC26 View Post
    Ravet starts second half with nice drive and spinning finish off the glass. Edit: scores 3 buckets to start half for Kittitas. He is easily beating his man off the dribble and finishing at the hoop.
    Easily beats his man to the bucket but can’t stay in front of his man on defense... maybe good defense is in reach with some coaching and training.

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    2,983

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by former1dog View Post
    You're awesome NEC26. Thanks for answering my inane questions. One more and you can just ignore me if you can't tell or don't feel like answering. Stockton and other good passers were excellent at delivering the ball exactly where the offensive teammate would have the most success. Can you tell if Brock's passing is at that level?
    Thats what I meant when I said I would love to see him with the athletes at Gonzagas level. He had a really nice no look pass to a cutter that was perfectly placed. His teammate caught the ball in the air but couldn't finish.

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    2,983

    Default

    46-43 Kittitas.

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    2,983

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
    Easily beats his man to the bucket but can’t stay in front of his man on defense... maybe good defense is in reach with some coaching and training.
    He does this with his handle and great stop and go dribble drive(plus the threat of his pull back three). He isn't a quick athlete.

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,088

    Default

    Defensively, his foot speed is adequate I'd say, he's no Meech but adequate. He's got enough skill and swagger that I think he's going to jump not just one level, but a couple when he gets better athletes to work with on the offensive end. 3 minutes to go, Kittitas up 48-44

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    2,983

    Default

    Ravet has been the motor all 4th quarter on offense. They have been trying to isolate Ravet on defense at times.

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    4,175

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NEC26 View Post
    He does this with his handle and great stop and go dribble drive(plus the threat of his pull back three). He isn't a quick athlete.
    Bummer. That’s what everyone else has been saying, too. I was looking for a reason to be optimistic.

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    2,983

    Default

    48-44 2 minutes left. Kittitas leads with the ball.

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Spokane
    Posts
    2,864

    Default

    Ravet with 24 points, but has not shot nearly as well as normal.

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    10,571

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by former1dog View Post
    Do you think he's quick enough (offensively) to adjust to the GIANT uptick in speed it will be at the high Division 1 level?
    Doesn't he hold his own in AAU vs D1 recruits?

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    2,983

    Default

    50-46 50 seconds left

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    2,983

    Default

    52-46 34 seconds

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    2,983

    Default

    52-48 25 seconds. Ravet with 26 points to lead all scorers

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    10,571

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
    Bummer. That’s what everyone else has been saying, too. I was looking for a reason to be optimistic.
    Huh? How did you get something negative out of that?

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Spokane
    Posts
    2,864

    Default

    Ravet looks like a 90% free throw shooter.

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    10,571

    Default

    Thanks for the play by play NEC.

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    11,603

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    Doesn't he hold his own in AAU vs D1 recruits?
    That has been what has been reported and I've seen clips, but most are just Brock scoring, rather than driving and dishing.

    Plus, I think defense and speed are well below Division 1 level, even in high level AAU games.

  22. #47
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    2,983

    Default

    54-50 15 seconds

  23. #48
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    2,983

    Default

    55-50 13 seconds left kittitas up Toledo ball

  24. #49
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    10,571

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by former1dog View Post
    That has been what has been reported and I've seen clips, but most are just Brock scoring, rather than driving and dishing.

    Plus, I think defense and speed are well below Division 1 level, even in high level AAU games.
    The top AAU teams are made up primarily of future D1 players. I've seen plenty of AAU clips where he's dishing and driving.

  25. #50
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Oklafriggenhoma
    Posts
    7,040

    Default

    So WTH happened? did the show switch over to Heidi?
    Birddog

    Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •