• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zag944
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by ZagOD7540 View Post
    THE worst radio show. All 3 of them are clowns
    It is so bad. Imagine thinking that having John Clayton do improv comedy right before heading out to the first commercial break is good programming.

Comment

• zag944
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by TexasZagFan View Post
      They deserve the chance to exorcise last year's demon. I know the feeling...seems like we had to live with the "Adam crying" photo for a decade or so.
      Oof. Follow enough Mariners/Seahawks twitter and you still get a good dose every March

Comment

• TexasZagFan
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by zag944 View Post
        Oof. Follow enough Mariners/Seahawks twitter and you still get a good dose every March
        Sorry to hear that, IMO those Zag demons were exorcised in 2017.

Comment

• GonzagasaurusFlex
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by gueastcoast View Post
          Keep up the good work! Definitely a few converts won it would appear.
          +1 Go GoZags. Good stuff you’re posting over there...and here!
          Even though I care a lot about my basketball opinions, they are like comparing a bicycle to a championship motorcycle who is our coach. . ZagsGoZags

Comment

• GrizZAG
            Zag for Life
            • Nov 2009

Originally posted by wahoo fan View Post
            As a Virginia fan (who doesn't generally post on message boards even for Virginia), I've appreciated GoZags' posts. I also tend to cringe at how many fans (including of teams I cheer for) like to talk about how bad every other team is so I'm happy to see our boards come off as supportive. I actually came over here because I came here in 2015 when Virginia was just getting good and Kentucky was undefeated and it was clearly they would be ranked #1, but #2 was going to either be us or you. I was curious if the people on this board would be trashing Virginia or not. Much to my (pleasant surprise) everyone was being reasonable and respectful.

Now yet again we are right next to each other at the top of the polls and while, of course, I would be happy to be ahead of you in the rankings I am perfectly happy to be #2 with you #1 this deep into the season.

Here's hoping we both continue to play like 1 and 2 and meet in the finals or at least the final 4!
            Great post! Us faithful followers of Gonzaga remember Coach Bennett taking down the Zags one year when he was at WSU (albiet aided by one Klay Thompson). He's a great coach and I believe most here by far have great respect for UVA. Like any forum we have a troll or dope that spews but this board is pretty tame and reasonable compared to most. Actually pretty classy and many really know basketball. Some bicker among each other over the dumbest stuff at times, but it's generally somebody getting butt hurt over a personal slight more than anything, but never about the program or other programs for the most part.
            Glad you came to visit! Best of luck
            One of the greatest stories in basketball history...Gonzaga!

Comment

• Zagsker
              Zag for Life
              • Dec 2008

Originally posted by ZagOD7540 View Post
              THE worst radio show. All 3 of them are clowns
              Huh? They are great
              I am working on being a more all around square.

Comment

• Mantua
                Zag for Life
                • Mar 2007

Originally posted by willandi View Post
                The other morning ( Last Friday, I think) listening to Brock and Salk on my drive to work, Tom Wassel was on and exclaiming that the Zags are NOT one of the best teams in the country. They MIGHT be top 10ish. He didn't give his reasons for that, just said that despite their ranking, despite the analytics and statistics, he just doesn't think they are that good.

I wanted to call/text i and ask, "If record, analytics and statistics don't matter, then, by virtue of having beaten all their division rivals head to head, last years Mariners were clearly the best team in the AL West. (Driving to work I just don't have the time to do that call/text. I have to open my store and by then their program is over).

Anybody that thinks the Mariners were the best team in their division last year is an idiot...and anybody that makes a determination on a team w/o using record, analytics, statistics and, at the very least, the eye test, must also be an idiot.
                I’m sure most Seattlites have Husky Fever right now. Geez, it’s been years since they had something to cheer about. I have a feeling that they might not have quite so much hubris after the loss to the Pac’s basement.
                Bonjour tristesse.

Comment

• Zagsker
                  Zag for Life
                  • Dec 2008

Originally posted by CDC84 View Post
                  Kind of like the people who argue that planet earth is flat. Let's just ignore the facts.

And if we want to get into the "eye test" thing, there has never been a more celebrated Gonzaga team from college basketball analysts and sportswriters across the board. I'm sure we trust the eye tests of these guys far more than radio clowns. I can't think of anyone, from Fraschilla to Bilas to Sean F., who doesn't feel GU is a national title contender. I keep saying this.....no one has beaten Duke at full strength besides Gonzaga, and they did it without Tillie on a neutral floor. They also may have more NBA talent on their roster than any team besides Duke or UK.
                  Exactly, you only have to watch this team to see that they have HORSES.

For crying out loud, at numerous times this season a game is going on, and because of our stacked versatility, you dont even realize a Norvell, Perkins, Rui, etc etc is not having a "good" game because other horses are pulling the load. They then make a couple buckets and you legitimately go "oh yeah!! We have that too!"

Comment

• willandi
                    Zag for Life
                    • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Zagsker View Post
                    Exactly, you only have to watch this team to see that they have HORSES.

For crying out loud, at numerous times this season a game is going on, and because of our stacked versatility, you dont even realize a Norvell, Perkins, Rui, etc etc is not having a "good" game because other horses are pulling the load. They then make a couple buckets and you legitimately go "oh yeah!! We have that too!"
                    To be honest, Brock and Salk have generally had good things to say about the Zags. It was Wassell that was being obtuse.

This morning Brock was describing how he felt last night, about Cal beating the Huskies and he came up with a poignant and graphic description.

Many years ago, when leaving the Tacoma Dome. when he got to his car he put his toddler son into the car seat. His son had an epic blowout that blew through the diapers and pants and was all over the floor of the car.

He felt that last night was worse than that!
                    Not even a smile? What's your problem!

Comment

• Zagsker
                      Zag for Life
                      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by willandi View Post
                      To be honest, Brock and Salk have generally had good things to say about the Zags. It was Wassell that was being obtuse.

This morning Brock was describing how he felt last night, about Cal beating the Huskies and he came up with a poignant and graphic description.

Many years ago, when leaving the Tacoma Dome. when he got to his car he put his toddler son into the car seat. His son had an epic blowout that blew through the diapers and pants and was all over the floor of the car.

He felt that last night was worse than that!
                      I'm a big fan of "Brock and Salk"...their third guy (his name escapes me) is hilarious. There show makes "Patchin and Lukens" look like clown shoes, with that said, I respect Patchin and Lukens

Comment

• WallaWallaZag
                        Zag for Life
                        • Feb 2007

back to the OP...i don't understand why so many zag fans care what other team's fans think??? ...or for that matter feel the need to go on other team's forums and "defend" or "set the record straight" or whatever.

Comment

• Zagsker
                          Zag for Life
                          • Dec 2008

Originally posted by WallaWallaZag View Post
                          back to the OP...i don't understand why so many zag fans care what other team's fans think??? ...or for that matter feel the need to go on other team's forums and "defend" or "set the record straight" or whatever.
                          cause its sports ...and that's what you do.

Stop looking at it as if it is a reflection of your "values", have fun with it for ####e sakes...its sports and its fan being all in on a team they support, or school...whatever the reason you root for GU, doesn't matter, have fun defending it because sports is fun

Comment

• WallaWallaZag
                            Zag for Life
                            • Feb 2007

cause its sports ...and that's what you do.

Stop looking at it as if it is a reflection of your "values", have fun with it for ####e sakes...its sports and its fan being all in on a team they support, or school...whatever the reason you root for GU, doesn't matter, have fun defending it because sports is fun
                            sure, i get that to a point...but creating an account just to post on the kentucky board??? might as well go bash your head against the wall while you're at it.

Comment

• willandi
                              Zag for Life
                              • Nov 2007

I'm a big fan of "Brock and Salk"...their third guy (his name escapes me) is hilarious. There show makes "Patchin and Lukens" look like clown shoes, with that said, I respect Patchin and Lukens
                              Boy Howdy! I don't know his real name though.
                              I like Brock and Salk too. I do listen to Patchen and Lukens as well and am OK most of the time with them.
                              The ONLY other sports station on the radio here in Spokane, the one that carries the Zags games, switched away from sports for their regular content. They now play noise that I can't stand, until the Gonzaga pregame comes on. The Zags are the only reason they are still on my radio buttons.
                              I guess I am stuck with the 700 am broacast schedule even though I find some of it to not be to my liking.

Luckily, I usually only listen while driving and can switch to classical, jazz, classic rock and a host of other genres if the content is not to my liking. Radio is still cool, in my book.
                              Not even a smile? What's your problem!

Comment

• RenoZag
                                Super Moderator
                                • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Zagceo View Post
                                Should GU Boards create separate forum for CBB basketball forums?

I like taking a spin through them and if they were organized... would be much better.
                                Post a thread with message board links in the General Basketball forum. We could pin it and folks with similar inclinations can refer to it as a starting point.

Or not.
                                The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

Working...
                                X