Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
Results 201 to 209 of 209

Thread: 2019 - Ballo - Committed

  1. #201
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    13,137

    Default

    If he has been admitted by Gonzaga admissions academically, he should be able to play basketball. For me, the NCAA has no business being involved in this area. Leave it to the university. GU has one of the highest APR's in the nation.

  2. #202
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,780

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CDC84 View Post
    If he has been admitted by Gonzaga admissions academically, he should be able to play basketball. For me, the NCAA has no business being involved in this area. Leave it to the university. GU has one of the highest APR's in the nation.
    Agreed.

    But what if a university can’t be trusted to vet in good faith?

  3. #203
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    505

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CDC84 View Post
    If he has been admitted by Gonzaga admissions academically, he should be able to play basketball. For me, the NCAA has no business being involved in this area. Leave it to the university. GU has one of the highest APR's in the nation.
    That is exactly the NCAA's business, that is what they are for. If you leave it up to the university you also have to leave it up to schools like Arizona that pay to have transcripts altered.

  4. #204
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Spokane, Wa.
    Posts
    669

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousZ View Post
    If the NCAA rules him ineligible, could a good performance in the classrooms at GU clear him to play 2nd semester? Sorry if this question has already been discussed.
    - now that is an interesting, great question.......hope someone knows the answer.

  5. #205
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    484

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bdmiller7 View Post
    That is exactly the NCAA's business, that is what they are for. If you leave it up to the university you also have to leave it up to schools like Arizona that pay to have transcripts altered.
    Agreed, but only if the standard of measure is to make athletics fair so that it sells better. IMO the actual standard of measure should be, "what is best for the student?"

  6. #206
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    4,406

    Default

    This issue bothers me more than many others right now. Derrick Rose played a year at Memphis with someone else's SAT scores on file and UNC makes sham classes available to all students to get around academic scrutiny from the NCAA. They most often seem to make judgements on things after the season is over and censure teams after it is too late to make a meaningful difference because the team they beat in the NCAA tournament doesn't get any reparation other than getting a loss expunged from their record-- if they even go that far. It's a farce.

  7. #207
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    1,519

    Default

    Ballo was not originally in the 2019 recruiting plans for GU for this reason. It was only when he expressed interest of reclassifying that they opened that option for him.

  8. #208
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    94

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    Ballo was not originally in the 2019 recruiting plans for GU for this reason. It was only when he expressed interest of reclassifying that they opened that option for him.
    Glad we got him on campus though. Didn't give him a chance to go elsewhere. Hopefully it works itself out.

  9. #209
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Zag Country
    Posts
    3,156

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzagit View Post
    Glad we got him on campus though. Didn't give him a chance to go elsewhere. Hopefully it works itself out.
    Does anyone know how Oumar himself is dealing with this setback?
    Parlez-vous français?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •