X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TravelinZag
    Zag for Life
    • Dec 2012

The joy may be premature. The hopes are ours. The decision and timing belong to him.

Comment

• CanadianZagsFan
      Kennel Club Material
      • Jun 2016

I see this news on Twitter after watching the BYU game.
      Crazy!
      He was just visiting the Kennel the other day, and has already committed. They said on one of Spokane news channel he had another team recruiting him hard, but he probably wasn’t going to visit them (that’s when I felt GU chances were solid) but didn’t expect the news so soon. I need to do some reading up on this kid, I’ve been too focused on Timme HS highlights on YouTube. I highly recommend checking YouTube out for the older fans, you’ll be on there all day watching extended clips.

Comment

• rennis
        Zag for Life
        • Oct 2007

Welcome young man!! You are most welcome indeed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Originally posted by Coach Few
        We are not here as a #%$&%&! Courtesy!!!

Comment

• sittingon50
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
          For PG, perhaps Biggs McGee has a cousin? Guardy McDimes?
          A(nother) legend is born!!
          But we don't play nobody.

Comment

• MDABE80
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

Arizona, Baylor and us were his 3 noted in the story on his commitment. Big kid, good coordination, a dunker to be sure. He'l get minutes here but he's still raw and will be needing coaching. He came ot the right place.
            The bigs are all new and haven't played with each other. I suspect somebody's going to get a redshirt.
            We do have some fine players coming back, This season could go on for a while. I hope it does. Let us be still playing come April.

Comment

• Bogozags
              Zag for Life
              • Jan 2008

Caldwellzag - Is Ballo considered a 5* recruit, if not where does he fit in the "star system?"

Thanks...

Comment

• caldwellzag
                Zag for Life
                • Jan 2018

Originally posted by Bogozags View Post
                Caldwellzag - Is Ballo considered a 5* recruit, if not where does he fit in the "star system?"

Thanks...
                He should be a 5 star, if he is not it will be a high 4 star. Highest rated recruit this year.

Comment

• 4EVERaZAG
                  Bulldog Fan
                  • Feb 2007

Since he is only 16.5 he would have to play multiple years at GU before he is draft eligible right?
                  sigpic
                  "Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."-Teddy Roosevelt

Comment

• GonzagasaurusFlex
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by BobZag View Post
                    6'9" or taller in 2019:
                    Watson
                    Timme
                    Zakharov
                    Ballo
                    Wow.
                    I’m hoping Anton Watson can play the 3; the admittedly limited video I’ve seen of him suggests that could be his best position, certainly at NBA level..and he seems talented enough to be preparing himself for that career trajectory.

Originally posted by OntZags View Post
                    Does it really matter though? Neither Ballo or Zakharov figure to be 5 year guys.

Give whoever is least ready the Rui freshman treatment and go from there.

Also, Clarke is so completely gone that we don't even need to entertain that idea anymore. He's gone.
                    Good point, it worked fine for Rui and if he is likely not going to be a Zag for four years why not let him dip his toes into D-1 hoops as a 17 yo fresman. On the other hand, give Coach Knight a full year to work with young Mr. Oumar Ballo on his body while he hones his skills…and oh boy I bet he could introduce himself to college hoops in Zion-esque fashion in 2020-21!

Originally posted by Bogozags View Post
                    The staff has done a remarkable job recruiting for 2019-20 season...
                    Let's hope that S&S commit and make 20-21 another top class!
                    Imagine the 2020-21 possibilities if all goes well w Zags on the recruiting front!
                    LITTLES: Harris; Strawther; Suggs; Ravet; Ayayi; Foster;
                    BIGS: Petrusev; Timme; Zakharov; Ballo;
                    STUD WINGS: Kispert; Watson; Arlauskas
                    Even though I care a lot about my basketball opinions, they are like comparing a bicycle to a championship motorcycle who is our coach. . ZagsGoZags

Comment

• NorthoftheBorder
                      Kennel Club Material
                      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by 4EVERaZAG View Post
                      Since he is only 16.5 he would have to play multiple years at GU before he is draft eligible right?
                      His birthday is July 13, 2002 You have to turn 19 in the year of the draft to be eligible so, correct, he would have to stay at least two years and would not be eligible to be drafted until 2021.

Comment

• raise the zag
                        Zag for Life
                        • May 2011

Originally posted by NorthoftheBorder View Post
                        His birthday is July 13, 2002 You have to turn 19 in the year of the draft to be eligible so, correct, he would have to stay at least two years and would not be eligible to be drafted until 2021.
                        No need to worry. The kid is 2 yr minimum.

Has one post move.

Huge ceiling but a ways to go. He isn't running into lane shooting floaters, mid range shots, spin moves etc like Rui and Clarke can do in addition to posting up.

Now, Ballo more traditional Center prospect, uses his size and raw strength to score. He will be a force but has a ways to go to become a complete player even at his position.

Expected for the potential yet not one & done.

Let's start by having him score with his both hands, or score floaters over shoulder etc.

Today's NBA isn't the same as when hunker down centers dominated.

Ballo will have to develop more moves and a face up shot before sniffing the draft.

He kind of reminds me of Naz Reid of LSU.

Comment

• Irish_eliZAG
                          Kennel Club Alum
                          • Aug 2018

Probably the only Gonzaga fan in Ireland!

Comment

• IowaSERE
                            Bleeds GU Blue
                            • Oct 2008

Granted it's a highlight video, but I saw numerous face up jumpers and a few ugly 3s. He'll be the best player in the ncaa in 2 years.

Watch "OUMAR BALLO CAN´T STOP DUNKING!!!!!!!!!!" on YouTube

Comment

• IowaSERE
                              Bleeds GU Blue
                              • Oct 2008

Originally posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
                              yup. Dalton Hommes on standby to take his spot if he does.
                              I'd love to see ZN at pg and Hommes at sg. Maybe not all the time, but for 20 min a game

Comment

• MDABE80
                                Zag for Life
                                • Feb 2007

All these bigs are new to D1. I suspect each will need some time to develop. The guard situation should be ok but we do need some new faces especially at the point. Few's system takes time to learn regardless of the talent level. Quite the bounty showing up though.

Comment

Working...
                                X