Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 2019 - Ballo - Committed

Quote Originally Posted by Irish_eliZAG View Post
    Hey Zag fans Irish_eliZAG is a regular on SSF... her sister and her are coming from Ireland to watch the Zags at the WCC tournament in Las Vegas... if you meet them show them a Zagtastic good time...

Go!! Zags!!!
    "Learn from the past, Plan for the future, Live in the Now!"

Ballo posted this today on Instagram...

oumarballo11
    It’s Official I’m a #Zag ����
    Happy to join #ZagFamily #ZagUp #UnitedWeZag
    #TrustTheBallo

Quote Originally Posted by ttown0026 View Post
    Ballo posted this today on Instagram...

oumarballo11
    It’s Official I’m a #Zag ����
    Happy to join #ZagFamily #ZagUp #UnitedWeZag
    #TrustTheBallo
    #TrustTheBallo indeed!
    It is their time....their team...I just get to watch. - Bartruff1

Quote Originally Posted by IowaSERE View Post
    I'd love to see ZN at pg and Hommes at sg. Maybe not all the time, but for 20 min a game
    Funny, I was thinking the exact same thing late last night. Zach has the vision and handles to run the point.
    Last edited by thespywhozaggedme; 02-24-2019 at 12:58 PM.

247 just today ranked him as a 4*, # 62 overall. A little low imho.

https://247sports.com/college/basket...aga-129446020/

Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    247 just today ranked him as a 4*, # 62 overall. A little low imho.

https://247sports.com/college/basket...aga-129446020/
    I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    I agree.
    A year older he would be a top 5 recruit but 64 is woefully low. He is a legit 25-35 who will probably redshir next year.

Petrusev
    Timme
    Watson
    Zakharov
    Ballo

Lots of options up front for Few next year.

Bring in the guards in 2020 and Gregg/Bittle in 2021.
    The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Quote Originally Posted by BobZag View Post
    Petrusev
    Timme
    Watson
    Zakharov
    Ballo

Lots of options up front for Few next year.

Bring in the guards in 2020 and Gregg/Bittle in 2021.
    We have a great start for a monster team in 2020 and 2021. I just want to make sure that that we have a guard and a big who can make the pass to Norvell.
    "I'm telling you Tillie knows how to play." - Mark Few

Drew Timme welcomes him to the family and Ballo responds positively -- going to be a load down low.

https://twitter.com/zagaholicpod/sta...65820073201664

247Sports ranks Oumar # 62 (****) in the Top247.

https://247sports.com/college/basket...zaga-129446020
    SLOZag
    "Kids come here to better their own lives, not ours. If you take a player’s failures as a personal affront…. check yourself." - Chick-Stratino'sUrDaddy

Quote Originally Posted by SLOZag View Post
    247Sports ranks Oumar # 62 (****) in the Top247.

https://247sports.com/college/basket...zaga-129446020
    Nah! They’re wrong.
    "I'm telling you Tillie knows how to play." - Mark Few

So Omar wears #11 - will he and Joel arm wrestle for it?

That looks like a NBA build at only 16...wow. Reminds me of Ayton's build.

Quote Originally Posted by bigblahla View Post
    Hey Zag fans Irish_eliZAG is a regular on SSF... her sister and her are coming from Ireland to watch the Zags at the WCC tournament in Las Vegas... if you meet them show them a Zagtastic good time...

Go!! Zags!!!
    Hello there. Are you going to wcc tournament yourself?

Hi Eli.... not this year... sent you a private message... good way to communicate off of the board... enjoy your trip... I doubt it will happen but would love for our Zags to play in the basketball tournament in Ireland like San Francisco did this OOC...

Go!! Zags!!!

Welcome Ballo!!

Thanks to CaldwellZag, this was well known ahead of time!

Quote Originally Posted by Irish_eliZAG View Post
    Hello there. Are you going to wcc tournament yourself?
    As a fellow Irishman would love to meet you guys
    Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

Default A Word of Caution

First of all Welcome Oumar! When i first heard about this recruitment, i was very excited based on his sheer size alone. For a 16 year old, his body is unparalleled at that age (outside of maybe Zion in terms of PHYSICAL GIFTS). Very happy that he will be a zag.

With that said HE IS A PROJECT. Those saying 5* and comparing to Zion are being pretty unfair to the kid IMO. While he is huge for his age and appears to be as strong as a marvel character, he is still VERY RAW based on the videos i have seen. He does not appear to have many handles, can not shoot further than 7 feet away (and please don't show me him hitting one jump shot from ten feet out... his form needs A LOT OF WORK. I have also not seen very many post moves at all from him.

If you compare his tape to Pavel or Drew's, two other big men in this class, you will see various post move after various post move from both. You do not see that with Oumar's tape. Neither of those guys are consensus 5* guys, Oumar should not be mentioned right now as a 5* in that case.

With any project, there is a high ceiling but a low floor. Which one he will reach all depends on Oumar. He has the physical gifts but has to be open to coaching and has to work his tail off. At the high D1 level and if he is fortunate enough, in the pros, he will need multiple post moves and must hit an outside shot. When guys get bigger, you can't just bully everyone around and dunk on them.

Let's hold off on the Zion comparisons too. That is extremely unfair to the kid. Zion was a consensus top 2 player in his class, a phenom since his soph year and in terms of pure basketball skills is much farther along than Oumar right now.

I have high hopes for Oumar.. kids with his size don't come around often. Viewing right now from a skills standpoint though, a long way to go before he can contribute lots. Battling with Pavel, Filip and Drew daily will be very beneficial.

Quote Originally Posted by bigblahla View Post
    Hi Eli.... not this year... sent you a private message... good way to communicate off of the board... enjoy your trip... I doubt it will happen but would love for our Zags to play in the basketball tournament in Ireland like San Francisco did this OOC...

Go!! Zags!!!
    They do and we're there. The Mrs and I would love to go to Ireland!
    http://www.fowlplaces.com/zags/GoZagsTinySignGuyGlassesColor.png

Quote Originally Posted by zagsfanforlife View Post
    First of all Welcome Oumar! When i first heard about this recruitment, i was very excited based on his sheer size alone. For a 16 year old, his body is unparalleled at that age (outside of maybe Zion in terms of PHYSICAL GIFTS). Very happy that he will be a zag.

With that said HE IS A PROJECT. Those saying 5* and comparing to Zion are being pretty unfair to the kid IMO. While he is huge for his age and appears to be as strong as a marvel character, he is still VERY RAW based on the videos i have seen. He does not appear to have many handles, can not shoot further than 7 feet away (and please don't show me him hitting one jump shot from ten feet out... his form needs A LOT OF WORK. I have also not seen very many post moves at all from him.

If you compare his tape to Pavel or Drew's, two other big men in this class, you will see various post move after various post move from both. You do not see that with Oumar's tape. Neither of those guys are consensus 5* guys, Oumar should not be mentioned right now as a 5* in that case.

With any project, there is a high ceiling but a low floor. Which one he will reach all depends on Oumar. He has the physical gifts but has to be open to coaching and has to work his tail off. At the high D1 level and if he is fortunate enough, in the pros, he will need multiple post moves and must hit an outside shot. When guys get bigger, you can't just bully everyone around and dunk on them.

Let's hold off on the Zion comparisons too. That is extremely unfair to the kid. Zion was a consensus top 2 player in his class, a phenom since his soph year and in terms of pure basketball skills is much farther along than Oumar right now.

I have high hopes for Oumar.. kids with his size don't come around often. Viewing right now from a skills standpoint though, a long way to go before he can contribute lots. Battling with Pavel, Filip and Drew daily will be very beneficial.
    I am not sure I have seen anyone compare him to Zion, outside of maybe his build. The kid is a 5 star recruit on Rivals currently, as he has the projectiles to be the best player in this class for us. His game is not currently on the level of Timme or even Pavel, but when Rui came in he could not even get playing time. What you are correct in saying is that he is very young, but he is still a 5 star guy. Huge recruit for us and one that will take a few years to develop.

BTW not saying Inside the Kennel was wrong, but you did call me out last week when I said expect something this weekend by saying Inside the Kennel said something different. Pretty sure I was spot on with Ballo and him signing. Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Zagger View Post
    They do and we're there. The Mrs and I would love to go to Ireland!
    Have a feeling a lot of Zag fans would want to go... I know I would... it's not Maui or the Battle 4 Atlantis.... even though it's a lower level tournament IMO the marketing aspect in Europe could be huge for Gonzaga....

Go!! Zags!!!

I am not sure I have seen anyone compare him to Zion, outside of maybe his build. The kid is a 5 star recruit on Rivals currently, as he has the projectiles to be the best player in this class for us. His game is not currently on the level of Timme or even Pavel, but when Rui came in he could not even get playing time. What you are correct in saying is that he is very young, but he is still a 5 star guy. Huge recruit for us and one that will take a few years to develop.

BTW not saying Inside the Kennel was wrong, but you did call me out last week when I said expect something this weekend by saying Inside the Kennel said something different. Pretty sure I was spot on with Ballo and him signing. Just saying.
    A bit defensive? I didn’t call you out. Just stated that ITK reported something different (which they did ).

And many have compared him to zion. I have a full time job so right now don’t have time to post every single snippet.

Maybe I am missing the post moves making him a 5*. My basketball coaching and past skill development work eyes see a project. Mo Bamba had far more post moves before entering college. I expect him to develop into a pro based on his development by a great staff but I’m not expecting him to be a major contributor right away which true 5* are.

My point is that many are already making these lofty comparisons and building up these huge expectations for this guy. Those should be based on the assumption that he will develop by facing other top bigs in his class and working hard at the plan set forth by the coaches. I do not see him contributing right away and I hope others understand that he is a project. Let's not write the kid off after his freshman year if he does not get major playing time or pad the stats right away. It will take time. He has a lot of post moves to further develop and is still learning the game.

Ballo is not Zion. Zion had a Lebron like mythos since he was in 7th grade and the game to back it up. Ballo at 15 looked lumbering, but man what a year difference has done for him. Ballo has ridiculous potential and the right staff to unlock it. I wonder if there is something like the Rui 3 year plan?

Quote Originally Posted by zagsfanforlife View Post
    A bit defensive? I didn’t call you out. Just stated that ITK reported something different (which they did ).

And many have compared him to zion. I have a full time job so right now don’t have time to post every single snippet.

Maybe I am missing the post moves making him a 5*. My basketball coaching and past skill development work eyes see a project. Mo Bamba had far more post moves before entering college. I expect him to develop into a pro based on his development by a great staff but I’m not expecting him to be a major contributor right away which true 5* are.

My point is that many are already making these lofty comparisons and building up these huge expectations for this guy. Those should be based on the assumption that he will develop by facing other top bigs in his class and working hard at the plan set forth by the coaches. I do not see him contributing right away and I hope others understand that he is a project. Let's not write the kid off after his freshman year if he does not get major playing time or pad the stats right away. It will take time. He has a lot of post moves to further develop and is still learning the game.
    Your post came across not as stating what they reported, more as "I doubt your right dude because a pay for site said it wouldn't happen, so you must be wrong." I don't mind sharing my information for free, as I feel privileged to get the information I have, but post like yours make me want to just keep it all to myself and sit back and watch some of yours and other peoples wild assumptions about recruits. I know a few things about Suggs recruitment that have not been shared, that I would love to share with you, that Inside the Kennel and probably no other recruiting service knows, but I have kept them to myself for now, as I was asked to not share. Plus doubt you would believe it if I posted it.

People comparing him to Zion are wrong, his body type maybe a little, but not his game. I am going to go with Rivals and my own eyes to say he is a 5 star recruit, maybe not the most polished one, but still a 5 star recruit and one that would be Top 20 in his class had he been a 2020 recruit.