Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 - Ballo - Committed

If or when CK goes pro we can have a thread about that.

Until then, hey Ballo committed......I think.

Quote Originally Posted by 23dpg View Post
    If or when CK goes pro we can have a thread about that.

Until then, hey Ballo committed......I think.
    Meehan thinks so.

https://www.spokesman.com/stories/20...its-to-gonzag/
    Parlez-vous franÁais?

Quote Originally Posted by zagamatic View Post
    So....as of right now, we have 6 incoming players for next year? And if my math is correct, scholarship players definitely leaving this year via graduation are Perkins, Crandall and Jones. Likely gone are Clarke and Hachimura. And then there's Larsen who is still on scholarship if I recall correctly who likely (?) won't be back next year? That's 6 scholarships available for next year potentially which would leave Tillie room to come back, right?
    Or a grad transfer pg.

Quote Originally Posted by zagamatic View Post
    So....as of right now, we have 6 incoming players for next year? And if my math is correct, scholarship players definitely leaving this year via graduation are Perkins, Crandall and Jones. Likely gone are Clarke and Hachimura. And then there's Larsen who is still on scholarship if I recall correctly who likely (?) won't be back next year? That's 6 scholarships available for next year potentially which would leave Tillie room to come back, right?
    The way Norvell has been playing the last few weeks, don't discount his declaration if he performs well in March.

Quote Originally Posted by raise the zag View Post
    The way Norvell has been playing the last few weeks, don't discount his declaration if he performs well in March.
    yup. Dalton Hommes on standby to take his spot if he does.

- this is indeed jaw dropping, speechless good news.

- I don't know who Dalton hommes is, gonna look him up next, but he better be 'the' best p.g. graduate transfer in the country, because we are going to literally have the pick of the litter next year.

Quote Originally Posted by GonzaGAW View Post
    - this is indeed jaw dropping, speechless good news.

- I don't know who Dalton hommes is, gonna look him up next, but he better be 'the' best p.g. graduate transfer in the country, because we are going to literally have the pick of the litter next year.
    sg transfer if Zach leaves. 6'7 averages 23 ppg and shoots 46% from 3 at Point Loma Nazarene. Is from the state of Washington. There was buzz that he was gonna declare for the draft, but it looks more likely that he's gonna grad transfer to a elite power program and our name has been attached to him. Someone speculated that he was at our game vs SD last week, but I have no idea. Not sure how high he is on Fews list of priorities, all depends on if ZN leaves after this season.

https://plnusealions.com/cumestats.a...ball&year=2018

Supposedly there's a grand transfer pg lined up, but lips are really sealed on that one, none of the insiders on this board, and there are a few are saying a peep.

For PG, perhaps Biggs McGee has a cousin? Guardy McDimes?

Quote Originally Posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
    Nice!

#winning

The joy may be premature. The hopes are ours. The decision and timing belong to him.

I see this news on Twitter after watching the BYU game.
    Crazy!
    He was just visiting the Kennel the other day, and has already committed. They said on one of Spokane news channel he had another team recruiting him hard, but he probably wasnít going to visit them (thatís when I felt GU chances were solid) but didnít expect the news so soon. I need to do some reading up on this kid, Iíve been too focused on Timme HS highlights on YouTube. I highly recommend checking YouTube out for the older fans, youíll be on there all day watching extended clips.

Welcome young man!! You are most welcome indeed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach Few
    We are not here as a #%$&%&! Courtesy!!!

A(nother) legend is born!!
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

Arizona, Baylor and us were his 3 noted in the story on his commitment. Big kid, good coordination, a dunker to be sure. He'l get minutes here but he's still raw and will be needing coaching. He came ot the right place.
    The bigs are all new and haven't played with each other. I suspect somebody's going to get a redshirt.
    We do have some fine players coming back, This season could go on for a while. I hope it does. Let us be still playing come April.

Caldwellzag - Is Ballo considered a 5* recruit, if not where does he fit in the "star system?"

Thanks...

Quote Originally Posted by Bogozags View Post
    Caldwellzag - Is Ballo considered a 5* recruit, if not where does he fit in the "star system?"

Thanks...
    He should be a 5 star, if he is not it will be a high 4 star. Highest rated recruit this year.

Since he is only 16.5 he would have to play multiple years at GU before he is draft eligible right?
    "Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."-Teddy Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by BobZag View Post
    6'9" or taller in 2019:
    Watson
    Timme
    Zakharov
    Ballo
    Wow.
    I’m hoping Anton Watson can play the 3; the admittedly limited video I’ve seen of him suggests that could be his best position, certainly at NBA level..and he seems talented enough to be preparing himself for that career trajectory.

Quote Originally Posted by OntZags View Post
    Does it really matter though? Neither Ballo or Zakharov figure to be 5 year guys.

Give whoever is least ready the Rui freshman treatment and go from there.

Also, Clarke is so completely gone that we don't even need to entertain that idea anymore. He's gone.
    Good point, it worked fine for Rui and if he is likely not going to be a Zag for four years why not let him dip his toes into D-1 hoops as a 17 yo fresman. On the other hand, give Coach Knight a full year to work with young Mr. Oumar Ballo on his body while he hones his skills…and oh boy I bet he could introduce himself to college hoops in Zion-esque fashion in 2020-21!

Quote Originally Posted by Bogozags View Post
    The staff has done a remarkable job recruiting for 2019-20 season...
    Let's hope that S&S commit and make 20-21 another top class!
    Imagine the 2020-21 possibilities if all goes well w Zags on the recruiting front!
    LITTLES: Harris; Strawther; Suggs; Ravet; Ayayi; Foster;
    BIGS: Petrusev; Timme; Zakharov; Ballo;
    STUD WINGS: Kispert; Watson; Arlauskas
    It is their time....their team...I just get to watch. - Bartruff1

Quote Originally Posted by 4EVERaZAG View Post
    Since he is only 16.5 he would have to play multiple years at GU before he is draft eligible right?
    His birthday is July 13, 2002 You have to turn 19 in the year of the draft to be eligible so, correct, he would have to stay at least two years and would not be eligible to be drafted until 2021.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthoftheBorder View Post
    His birthday is July 13, 2002 You have to turn 19 in the year of the draft to be eligible so, correct, he would have to stay at least two years and would not be eligible to be drafted until 2021.
    No need to worry. The kid is 2 yr minimum.

Has one post move.

Huge ceiling but a ways to go. He isn't running into lane shooting floaters, mid range shots, spin moves etc like Rui and Clarke can do in addition to posting up.

Now, Ballo more traditional Center prospect, uses his size and raw strength to score. He will be a force but has a ways to go to become a complete player even at his position.

Expected for the potential yet not one & done.

Let's start by having him score with his both hands, or score floaters over shoulder etc.

Today's NBA isn't the same as when hunker down centers dominated.

Ballo will have to develop more moves and a face up shot before sniffing the draft.

He kind of reminds me of Naz Reid of LSU.

Granted it's a highlight video, but I saw numerous face up jumpers and a few ugly 3s. He'll be the best player in the ncaa in 2 years.

Watch "OUMAR BALLO CANīT STOP DUNKING!!!!!!!!!!" on YouTube
    https://youtu.be/bhjYYcBqgaU

Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    yup. Dalton Hommes on standby to take his spot if he does.
    I'd love to see ZN at pg and Hommes at sg. Maybe not all the time, but for 20 min a game

All these bigs are new to D1. I suspect each will need some time to develop. The guard situation should be ok but we do need some new faces especially at the point. Few's system takes time to learn regardless of the talent level. Quite the bounty showing up though.