Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: 2021 Recruits That You Should Know

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    1,358

    Default 2021 Recruits That You Should Know

    1- Max Christie
    2- Chet Holmgren
    3- Paola Banchero
    4- Nathan Bittle
    5- Devin Askew
    6- Isa Silva
    7- Peyton Watson
    8- Ben Gregg
    9- Caleb Furst

    I told you earlier in the summer I would have something for you, but things got busy. Here is a list of names that keep getting brought up. I put them in order from most likely to be a Zag to back up plan. I think if you do some research on Christie you will know why the staff is so high on him. Plus Holmgren is planning to take an official visit to Gonzaga at the same time as one of his high school teammates. Good stuff going on right now.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Colville, Wa.
    Posts
    13,653

    Default

    Thanks Caldwell.

    Help my dusty ol' noggin':

    Bittle & Gregg are the Oregon kids, correct? I thought GU was Gregg's dream school, but you've got him down the list. Did I flip them?
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    5,893

    Default

    Banchero's first name ends in o. Paola would be a girl's name.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    3,964

    Default

    Max Christie = Klay Thompson

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    3,964

    Default

    Devin Askew = Deron Williams

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sittingon50 View Post
    Thanks Caldwell.

    Help my dusty ol' noggin':

    Bittle & Gregg are the Oregon kids, correct? I thought GU was Gregg's dream school, but you've got him down the list. Did I flip them?
    From what I recall, you are correct and Gregg has mentioned that GU is his dream school. I also remember Caldwell mentioning that Gregg has performed poorly in front of our staff (any please correct me if I'm wrong).

    Personally, I pretty high on Gregg as a multi-year prospect and hope he ends up as a Zag (in addition to some other high profile guys). I feel like a decent number of people on the boards hold up Joe Harris as a classic missed opportunity type of recruit, but I think that Gregg has the most potential to drive Zag fans insane in that way down the road if he commits elsewhere. Harris wasn't even rated in the ESPN 100 of his class whereas Gregg is currently 30th.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    795

    Default

    Max Christie #1 on the list as most likely to be a Zag? He has 5 crystal balls, all for Duke, between May & August. I understand why the staff is high on him, but is there evidence that he is high on us?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    364

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    1- Max Christie
    2- Chet Holmgren
    3- Paola Banchero
    4- Nathan Bittle
    5- Devin Askew
    6- Isa Silva
    7- Peyton Watson
    8- Ben Gregg
    9- Caleb Furst

    I told you earlier in the summer I would have something for you, but things got busy. Here is a list of names that keep getting brought up. I put them in order from most likely to be a Zag to back up plan. I think if you do some research on Christie you will know why the staff is so high on him. Plus Holmgren is planning to take an official visit to Gonzaga at the same time as one of his high school teammates. Good stuff going on right now.
    I'd take any 3 of these.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Denver, Colorado
    Posts
    53

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scrooner View Post
    Max Christie #1 on the list as most likely to be a Zag? He has 5 crystal balls, all for Duke, between May & August. I understand why the staff is high on him, but is there evidence that he is high on us?
    Dude its like super early in the recruiting process. The guys at 247 don't know #### this early on in the process because chances are the kid hasn't thought that far ahead. And much like Walker Kessler the guys over at the devils den (which makes up half of Christie's and half of Walkers predictions) will automatically make a prediction of Duke if they hear a recruit is interested.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    921

    Default

    We’ve had good luck recruiting from Illinois, so let’s hope we snag another good one!

  11. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZagRecruitWatch View Post
    Dude its like super early in the recruiting process. The guys at 247 don't know #### this early on in the process because chances are the kid hasn't thought that far ahead. And much like Walker Kessler the guys over at the devils den (which makes up half of Christie's and half of Walkers predictions) will automatically make a prediction of Duke if they hear a recruit is interested.
    247 does it every time! Fun site but they really have very little inside info regarding early recruiting. I wish i could say it was an educated guess on their part but that would be a stretch. Not really fair to 247, none of the sites know much early on.

  12. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FloridaZagFan View Post
    247 does it every time! Fun site but they really have very little inside info regarding early recruiting. I wish i could say it was an educated guess on their part but that would be a stretch. Not really fair to 247, none of the sites know much early on.
    So true!

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    33

    Default

    Isn’t Askew a hold back? Seem to recall him playing 2020 with Kyree Walker? on Oakland Soliders in youth AAU natty on YouTube a few years ago......Caldwell - how does GU look at holdbacks in general given the kid is a year older than most in his current class? Thx!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Denver, Colorado
    Posts
    53

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FloridaZagFan View Post
    247 does it every time! Fun site but they really have very little inside info regarding early recruiting. I wish i could say it was an educated guess on their part but that would be a stretch. Not really fair to 247, none of the sites know much early on.
    I agree for the most part. My point is more directed towards people put more faith in 247 predictions then they should.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    1,358

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maynard g krebs View Post
    Banchero's first name ends in o. Paola would be a girl's name.
    My bad quickly typed it up.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    1,358

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scrooner View Post
    Max Christie #1 on the list as most likely to be a Zag? He has 5 crystal balls, all for Duke, between May & August. I understand why the staff is high on him, but is there evidence that he is high on us?
    Sounds like a visit is getting lined up

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    1,358

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OCzag View Post
    From what I recall, you are correct and Gregg has mentioned that GU is his dream school. I also remember Caldwell mentioning that Gregg has performed poorly in front of our staff (any please correct me if I'm wrong).

    Personally, I pretty high on Gregg as a multi-year prospect and hope he ends up as a Zag (in addition to some other high profile guys). I feel like a decent number of people on the boards hold up Joe Harris as a classic missed opportunity type of recruit, but I think that Gregg has the most potential to drive Zag fans insane in that way down the road if he commits elsewhere. Harris wasn't even rated in the ESPN 100 of his class whereas Gregg is currently 30th.
    You are correct but staff is not fully sold on Gregg.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •