Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Light or Dark

Default Light or Dark

Which do you prefer, the traditional (basketball) home whites or the dark unis at home, ala, football?
    The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Dark....hope players make change soon

Burn the blacks. Bring back the blues!

Would be fun to see the reds. Been awhile

ZZ

While I prefer the light uniforms at home, I really don't care. I just wish it was consistent so that when I switch to a game I can easily tell who is the home team.
    “When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes.”

~ Desiderius Erasmus

Quote Originally Posted by Radbooks View Post
    While I prefer the light uniforms at home, I really don't care. I just wish it was consistent so that when I switch to a game I can easily tell who is the home team.
    As long as the score is being shown, you can tell which is the home team because they are listed second. I read it as School A at School B. So the score on the left is the away team and the score on the right is the home team.

I don't know if this is a hard rule or not, but it is very consistent.

Quote Originally Posted by slickguser View Post
    As long as the score is being shown, you can tell which is the home team because they are listed second. I read it as School A at School B. So the score on the left is the away team and the score on the right is the home team.

I haven't seen it any other way. Home team on the right or on the bottom.

To the point though, I mainly wish it was consistent too. I like to flip it on and instantly tell who's who.

Related note... Watching UNC at Duke and the baby blue vs. white is making it a bit hard to follow.

Whites at home... always. Don't really have an issue with the black jerseys... only despise the reds... but would prefer blues over blacks.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Quote Originally Posted by slickguser View Post

Thanks for that!
    “When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes.”

~ Desiderius Erasmus

I like the blues. I wouldn't be suprised if the Zags get a new set in the next year or 2.
    America's Team!

There were our "Home" jerseys (45 years ago) ... but I prefer "White" as the home jersey for the Zag hoopsters ....

"To be continued ....."
    Father Tony Lehman, SJ

just cut the sleeves down I'm good

Would like to see the reds a bit more.

Quote Originally Posted by katman50 View Post
    Would like to see the reds a bit more.
    Same.

Anything but the black jerseys.

Not a fan.

I vote bring back ROYAL.

Quote Originally Posted by raise the zag View Post
    Same.

Anything but the black jerseys.

Not a fan.

I vote bring back ROYAL.
    Think they lost almost all the games they played in red. Those things are plain evil.

Royals... THOSE need to be brought back.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

White.
    21 Straight Big Dances

11 Straight Round of 32s

10 Sweet Sixteens (5 Straight)

4 Elite Eights

2017 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

I actually watched some show a few years ago when they did some sort of digital effect that changed jersey colors but the players stayed the same on the same exact plays and they refs "officiate"......hands down the white and or lighter colored jerseys got better calls than the darker colors, especially red and black. ....oddly, I seem to recall blue got the most benefit of the doubt for the darker colors. So, for me, gimme whites at home and blue for away.

Stay with the white. Why change anything now? If it's working than don't change. I like the saying, "if it isn't broken don't fix it."

When it's time to talk about changing colors of the uni next season, my vote would be to return to the Carolina Blue. I believe the Zags wore them in the first game of the season. It's the color of blue that Gonzaga wore back in the 1960's and 70's.

Go Zags!!!
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

It confuses me when the home team wears black....boys tend to like black..... so it is up to them (and their mothers) what to wear....

Black, Blue and white in that order for me. Please no red ever again!

I definitely like the whites at home. I don't care what color they wear on the road, as long as they win. I do like the "Zags" vs. "Gonzaga" on the jersey though.
    My posts indicate that I don't seem to follow college basketball all that closely.

Quote Originally Posted by BayAreaZagFan View Post
    I definitely like the whites at home. I don't care what color they wear on the road, as long as they win. I do like the "Zags" vs. "Gonzaga" on the jersey though.
    Here is the funny thing... on home whites... I want it to read Gonzaga... Roadies... want it to read Zags. Couldn't tell you why... just doesn't feel proper for it to read Zags on home unis.

Whites at home, darks on the road. I do like both navy blue and black for road games, definitely NEVER bring back the reds. Would love to see a resurrection of the royal blue worn back in the 1990's.

One jersey I remember, but quite honestly, I cannot recall when these were worn or who we played, but does anyone remember the dark jerseys with the Bulldog head only, and Bulldogs across the shoulders in place of the last name? I have the photo, but I am not able to post the photo or link to the photo.

Another thing I have always liked in home and away jerseys is that the white home jersey should have our mascot / nickname on the front, while the dark road uni's would have Gonzaga front.. Maybe I get that from way back in my high school days... Mascot name on the home jerseys and town name on the away jerseys. In this case the university name on the front for the dark away jerseys.

I do like the black ZAGS jerseys. I know, I know, a direct opposite of what I just said.

Quote Originally Posted by Spike#1 View Post
    One jersey I remember, but quite honestly, I cannot recall when these were worn or who we played, but does anyone remember the dark jerseys with the Bulldog head only, and Bulldogs across the shoulders in place of the last name? I have the photo, but I am not able to post the photo or link to the photo.

Where was that when they wore those?