Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: GAME THREAD: Pepperdine @ZAGS - 2/21/19

More jump balls than a jr high girls game.

Quote Originally Posted by raise the zag View Post
    I love how Petrusev gets up in guys along perimeter. Prevents the shot attempt.

Complete opposite of Kispert who stands 4 feet back, watches with one arm extended, and lunges late on shot attempt, which gives up the open attempts as he is 1 or 2 feet away from actually defending the face or shot.

Why sag off 3pt line when Clarke is at the rim?

Was home sick today and re watched the UNC game and parts of Tennessee game.

The reason I'm so sensitive on Kispert's perimeter defense is that he gave up at least 8 or 9 WIDE open 3's vs UNC. And he lunges the same way vs WCC teams no less.

And Kispert was Top 3 in minutes in both games after giving up so many shots/points in both games.

Getting really old by Corey, as old as my posts about his perimeter defense.
    I won't claim to know more than most of you, but I've got a lot of basketball experience playing, coaching and now watching....and many of your assessments of a sophmore starter on this team is almost laughable! Constant and most of the time unfounded. Like it or not Ck is the 5th best player on this Zags team ...Petrusev has the chance to be much better, but he is not there yet. JJ is a one trick pony, he is a pretty good man-to-man defender...but he is a terrible rebounder and the offense is stifled most of the time with him....I do hope CK improves on his weaknesses, as I do for all the Zags...this team will be a much better team with CK playing!
    It's What You learn AFTER You Know It All That Counts

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    And how long will he try?
    we'll see. Corey does deliver, just not like Dominos, you know? he's not Rui or BC or Josh or Zach. I hope he can get his stroke going, would be amazing on this team with all the attention others get. his 3s tonight were all open looks, good catch and shoot looks

WTH?

Geno exploding up.

Wow.

Man if he can just find a rhythm to just be solid, not spectacular, just workmanlike, another level for the team.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Geno with the hops. I thought that was Clarke getting up there at first.
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Quote Originally Posted by bballbeachbum View Post
    we'll see. Corey does deliver, just not like Dominos, you know? he's not Rui or BC or Josh or Zach. I hope he can get his stroke going, would be amazing on this team with all the attention others get. his 3s tonight were all open looks, good catch and shoot looks
    He is built so perfectly for his position. Strong, ups, can get hot.

He's going to be alright. Just taking longer than maybe thought.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaZagFan View Post
    I won't claim to know more than most of you, but I've got a lot of basketball experience playing, coaching and now watching....and many of your assessments of a sophmore starter on this team is almost laughable! Constant and most of the time unfounded. Like it or not Ck is the 5th best player on this Zags team ...Petrusev has the chance to be much better, but he is not there yet. JJ is a one trick pony, he is a pretty good man-to-man defender...but he is a terrible rebounder and the offense is stifled most of the time with him....I do hope CK improves on his weaknesses, as I do for all the Zags...this team will be a much better team with CK playing!
    Fwiw, I wasn't saying Petrusev should play over Corey. Heck they play different positions. I was saying he should take notes on getting up and defending guys.

Simply focused on Corey's defense along perimeter, weakside, & lost on switches all over the court.

do you know that going into this game CK's 3-point percentage is higher than Norvell and Perkins? ...he has hit a bit of a low point recently, but he does many things that helps this team win...

Jones a one man buzz kill on O. Terrible. Listless player.

I often lose track of who's where in the WCC. So, in case you have, too.

Gonzaga

BYU

San Fran.

Saint Mary's

Santa Clara

San Diego

LMU

Pepperdine

Pacific

Portland
    Mark Twain.

do you know that going into this game CK's 3-point percentage is higher than Norvell and Perkins? ...he has hit a bit of a low point recently, but he does many things that helps this team win...
    hey man, I like him. I get why Few stays with him. he does have some warts, we discuss those here too, that's all. But again, I like him as a player on this team

Jones a one man buzz kill on O. Terrible. Listless player.
    I do like his one-on-one defense, but he can't be out there when we need offense.

The stooges are missing a great game talking about everything but.

Good job Josh!

There we go, Josh! And now he is back to playing basketball.
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

I do like his one-on-one defense, but he can't be out there when we need offense.
    I actually prefer Kispert. Jones hurts my teeth.

That kid battled through a bunch of stuff, to end up as good as we coulda' hoped.

Wonderful.

Nice, Perk.
    Mark Twain.

That 21-3 run by Pepperdine was brutal.

Few should have called a TO. That’s a recipe for losing real games.

Quote Originally Posted by 23dpg View Post

Quote Originally Posted by 23dpg View Post
    It’s done. The team was focused on getting Josh his record assist. Now that he is there, back to business.
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

I actually prefer Kispert. Jones hurts my teeth.
    JJ might have a negative +/- tonight. He was out there for most of that Pepp run.

hey man, I like him. I get why Few stays with him. he does have some warts, we discuss those here too, that's all. But again, I like him as a player on this team
    I do understand some of the criticism at times, but as a sophomore he is the 5th best player on a top-5 team. Maybe some have higher expectations for him and so when he doesn't live up to them they are quick to criticize....but I feel he gets more unnecessary criticism than he deserves.

Quote Originally Posted by kitzbuel View Post
    It’s done. The team was focused on getting Josh his record assist. Now that he is there, back to business.
    You say the smartest sht.
    Mark Twain.

Corey returns and the O much better. also coincides with Josh getting the record and getting back to real O

I do understand some of the criticism at times, but as a sophomore he is the 5th best player on a top-5 team. Maybe some have higher expectations for him and so when he doesn't live up to them they are quick to criticize....but I feel he gets more unnecessary criticism than he deserves.
    I agree with you