Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Suggs + Strawther

Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    So their playing season, not the school year? Anyone know when Minneapolis and Vegas finish their playing years?
    Strawther is the wild card of the two, as he might hold out a little longer and take all the visits he is allowed. I expect Suggs to sit down after the season is over and decide between football and basketball, plus commit to the school that best fits him. Landing both is a possibility from what I hear, but landing Suggs is an extreme possibility. Again if I had a Crystal Ball I would for sure put it in on Suggs and would probably follow suit with one on Strawther after Suggs commits.

I would not circle a specific date on the calendar Spy, but know this spring will be a great time for the Zags.

Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    Strawther is the wild card of the two, as he might hold out a little longer and take all the visits he is allowed. I expect Suggs to sit down after the season is over and decide between football and basketball, plus commit to the school that best fits him. Landing both is a possibility from what I hear, but landing Suggs is an extreme possibility. Again if I had a Crystal Ball I would for sure put it in on Suggs and would probably follow suit with one on Strawther after Suggs commits.

I would not circle a specific date on the calendar Spy, but know this spring will be a great time for the Zags.
    oh man - not only do we have to wonder if he'll pick the zags but also whether he'll even pick basketball!?!? I'm with jazz, hopeful pessimist until it happens!

Quote Originally Posted by CDC84 View Post
    I'm with you, but at least with these two guys, they have never indicated a "Dream School." Brandon made it clear that it was always Arizona. Then he backed off once the FBI stuff was going on. Once it settled down, he returned to "Chipmunk."
    Maybe it took time for his check to clear.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Maybe it took time for his check to clear.
    Do Bahaman banks take longer?
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Quote Originally Posted by gonstu View Post
    oh man - not only do we have to wonder if he'll pick the zags but also whether he'll even pick basketball!?!? I'm with jazz, hopeful pessimist until it happens!
    Football has always been a possibility. Basketball is the most likely outcome and GU is the most likely basketball school. Patience please, don't get all hyped up on some tweets from teenagers. I know for a fact that we are in a great spot with Suggs. Patience please!

Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    Football has always been a possibility. Basketball is the most likely outcome and GU is the most likely basketball school. Patience please, don't get all hyped up on some tweets from teenagers. I know for a fact that we are in a great spot with Suggs. Patience please!
    If only there was something to keep our minds occupied during the next 6 weeks while we wait... Let's enjoy the ride.

Quote Originally Posted by gonstu View Post
    If only there was something to keep our minds occupied during the next 6 weeks while we wait... Let's enjoy the ride.
    I know!! Let's enjoy our National Title Run this year and believe me the wait will be worth it.

So their playing season, not the school year? Anyone know when Minneapolis and Vegas finish their playing years?
    The Minnesota State Basketball Tournament runs from March 20-23. Chances are quite likely that Jalen will be playing until the 23rd as they have won the Class AA tournament the previous 2 seasons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Twice burned by Tucson-lover Brandon Williams, call me a hopeful pessimist. Lotta "recruiting" to be done yet, if you know what mean.
    Jazz....You hopeful pessimist...

Go!! Zags!!!
    "Learn from the past, Plan for the future, Live in the Now!"

Quote Originally Posted by GuZag2012 View Post
    The Minnesota State Basketball Tournament runs from March 20-23. Chances are quite likely that Jalen will be playing until the 23rd as they have won the Class AA tournament the previous 2 seasons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Oh wow, ok. Thanks

The thing about Suggs and football is that he's a much better basketball prospect than he is a football prospect. Subject to change, of course, but that is where it stands right now.

This is crazy news. I’m enjoying the ride and following the developments.

Twice burned by Tucson-lover Brandon Williams, call me a hopeful pessimist. Lotta "recruiting" to be done yet, if you know what mean.
    I'm with you on this one too jazz. those tweet pics are pretty cool tho, wonder if they believe it

Wow, I'm impressed with the interest the Zags are getting from darn good prospects. My main takeaway is that even if we do not land these guys - we're sitting pretty to land others. Like gonstu says ....
    If only there was something to keep our minds occupied during the next 6 weeks while we wait...
    Should the current crop of Zags do quite well at the Dance this year recruiting will only get better. I hope we don't get greedy - yet, be tempted to do so with how well the program is doing
    http://www.fowlplaces.com/zags/GoZagsTinySignGuyGlassesColor.png

Time to salute the staff for this excellent recruiting effort. I don't think we'd get a look from these 2 ten years ago. Something's up. It's good. No matter what these two do, we got Dom Harris and that's just alright by me

Getting these two on campus was a big step, but I never get to excited until the final bell rings, still alot of visits to take at some phenomenal programs. We have our hands full. Gonzaga has a culture and player atmosphere that not many can match, just depends on what is important to these two studs.
    America's Team!

Gonzaga has never not been in the tournament in their lifetime. All they've known is Gonzaga as a national brand. They probably even grew up knowing how to pronounce it! (OK - maybe that's a little bit of a stretch).
    My posts indicate that I don't seem to follow college basketball all that closely.

New pic from Sugg’s IG and Twitter accounts:

http://twitter.com/DominickHarri2/st...48313907593216

The picture originated on an Instagram account named "gonzagabasketballnews" which doesn’t look the least bit official and is no doubt some sort of fan page.
    Parlez-vous français?

Quote Originally Posted by Mantua View Post
    New pic from Sugg’s IG and Twitter accounts:

http://twitter.com/DominickHarri2/st...48313907593216

The picture originated on an Instagram account named "gonzagabasketballnews" which doesn’t look the least bit official and is no doubt some sort of fan page.
    Dom Harris still tweet it directly himself, and Suggs and stranger commented, so it is still exciting enough for me. Thanks for posting

Quote Originally Posted by OCzag View Post
    Dom Harris still tweet it directly himself, and Suggs and stranger commented, so it is still exciting enough for me. Thanks for posting
    Ok, why is Julians emoji's a crying one and a confused one under Doms tweet? Should we be concerned?

Ok, why is Julians emoji's a crying one and a confused one under Doms tweet? Should we be concerned?
    Spy.... would it do any good to tell you no?.... love your fandom... makes me think I'm sane.... "50" will tell ya different...

Go!! Zags!!!
    "Learn from the past, Plan for the future, Live in the Now!"

https://twitter.com/JulianStrawther/...56066369630208

This one spy? I think we are reading way to much into social media and the emoji a kid puts out there. Patience will pay off with these two. Suggs first then Strawther, I have been saying that for awhile. As soon as Suggs decides dominoes will fall.

The crying emoji is due to the ridiculousness of the avatars for each player. The crying emoji is meant more for laughter. The confused emoji is a guy that's thinking about something so in this case it's like a "hmm, this would be dope, don't you think?" Emojis are a weird thing. I'm not really trying to psycho analyze here, just pointing out how each of these emojis are used in today's world. We live in a crazy time.

Quote Originally Posted by Bouldin4Prez View Post
    The crying emoji is due to the ridiculousness of the avatars for each player. The crying emoji is meant more for laughter. The confused emoji is a guy that's thinking about something so in this case it's like a "hmm, this would be dope, don't you think?" Emojis are a weird thing. I'm not really trying to psycho analyze here, just pointing out how each of these emojis are used in today's world. We live in a crazy time.
    There are actually two crying emoji’s, one with laughter and one with tears. He posted both but the one with tears and the confused one are not under Dominic’s tweet, the laughing one with tears is. I got confused. And yes this is absurdly ridiculous that we are trying to decipher teenage boys emoji posts. I am laughing at the absurdity of it all.

My childhood was so much easier. Sundial & abacus worked just fine.
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.