Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Suggs + Strawther

Default Suggs + Strawther

This will get posted to the whelping box shortly, but i am shocked no one posted about it yet. Jalen Suggs posted on his instagram story a picture of Him and Strawther in Zags uniforms and @ signed Strawther, saying "What if?" and then his next post was a conversation between him and Dom Harris saying "i am going to be really hurt if you don't commit".

I have a feeling a commitment is coming soon, and from the #2 point guard in the whole nation?? WOW

Either with Dom gets us a very high ranking backcourt. All 3? Probably not likely. But this would be a huge step toward a “best backcourt in the nation” statement.

Quote Originally Posted by MDABE80 View Post
    Either with Dom gets us a very high ranking backcourt. All 3? Probably not likely. But this would be a huge step toward a “best backcourt in the nation” statement.
    Worth noting that Strawther also posed the question on his instagram "What y'all think about a Suggs/Strawther backcourt?" and tagged Suggs in it....

Quote Originally Posted by zagsfanforlife View Post
    This will get posted to the whelping box shortly, but i am shocked no one posted about it yet. Jalen Suggs posted on his instagram story a picture of Him and Strawther in Zags uniforms and @ signed Strawther, saying "What if?" and then his next post was a conversation between him and Dom Harris saying "i am going to be really hurt if you don't commit".

I have a feeling a commitment is coming soon, and from the #2 point guard in the whole nation?? WOW
    Why didn’t you post the link?

Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    Why didn’t you post the link?
    Don’t know how to post an ig story but can easily go on his page and view it right now.

I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

Quote Originally Posted by webspinnre View Post
    That’s not the pic jalen posted though. Jalen posted a picture of him and Julian in Gonzaga uniforms. Come on someone is more tech savvy than me. Go on his ig story (Suggs) and post it

Look at me being all high tech

That’s not the pic jalen posted though. Jalen posted a picture of him and Julian in Gonzaga uniforms. Come on someone is more tech savvy than me. Go on his ig story (Suggs) and post it
    I’ve been trying to post my screen grab of the IG story you’re referencing but can’t seem to do it from my iPhone. I don’t want to read to much into just a social media post, but seems like they are both waiting on the other to commit. In other words, feels like they’re more likely to come together than only having come commit to GU. Although I may just be daydreaming of both of them committing too often...

WOW!!! This is HUGE!!!! Thanks for posting it. I just hope it's not like the Brandon Williams where he posted a pic of him and our FF plaque with the caption, "I gotta get me one of these" and many of us took it to mean him in a Zags uni. But this one is even more concrete, it has pictures of them in the uniform itself. And then Harris's tweet of, "that's the plan" when someone asked him if he, Suggs and Strawther together. Wow, Wow, Wow!
    Last edited by thespywhozaggedme; 02-19-2019 at 07:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by webspinnre View Post
    That's not the one we were talking about. This one is from Suggs, not Strawther and even more telling; it's now posted in this thread and gets me really, really, excited.

That's not the one we were talking about. This one is from Suggs, not Strawther and even more telling; it's now posted in this thread and gets me really, really, excited.
    There was also a tweet from a mid major account that said something along the lines of Strawther and Suggs give hints they will be zags and both of them liked that article....

Also, Dom Jalen and Julian were alll posting last night on IG , tagging each other in posts and such. Seems too coincidental..

I may be reading waaaaaay too much into the social media accounts of 17 year old kids but there sure is a lot of smoke.

There was also a tweet from a mid major account that said something along the lines of Strawther and Suggs give hints they will be zags and both of them liked that article....

Also, Dom Jalen and Julian were alll posting last night on IG , tagging each other in posts and such. Seems too coincidental..

I may be reading waaaaaay too much into the social media accounts of 17 year old kids but there sure is a lot of smoke.
    No one is reading to much into this, this is a very real possibility and with Harris already committed and being close to these guys, we could be looking at one of the best trio of guards we have seen at GU. Be patient and see, but if I had to call it right now Suggs at GU and when he commits Strawther follows. Give me a Crystal Ball on 247 I would put it in on both.

Are all of these guys "next year" players?
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Quote Originally Posted by DixieZag View Post
    Are all of these guys "next year" players?
    Class of 2020 for Suggs, Strawther and Harris.

Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    No one is reading to much into this, this is a very real possibility and with Harris already committed and being close to these guys, we could be looking at one of the best trio of guards we have seen at GU. Be patient and see, but if I had to call it right now Suggs at GU and when he commits Strawther follows. Give me a Crystal Ball on 247 I would put it in on both.
    Any time frame on when we might have a commit(s)?

Twice burned by Tucson-lover Brandon Williams, call me a hopeful pessimist. Lotta "recruiting" to be done yet, if you know what mean.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Twice burned by Tucson-lover Brandon Williams, call me a hopeful pessimist. Lotta "recruiting" to be done yet, if you know what mean.
    Difference is Zona was always his first love. Not the case with S&S

Yup. Hope for the best but prepare for the worst. B-Will still baffles me.

That being said, Few and co can't let up on this trio. visits and visits and visits.

Did the MCD AA drive-through finally open up for GU? I guess we will see.

Friggin right on! honestly it would be a lot to hope for that we get all of them in the end, but that we are heavily in the conversation is one more attribute about GU that future recruits will consider.

Any time frame on when we might have a commit(s)?
    Have not heard a specific time frame, Suggs commits first, then Strawther. I would guess it will be after the high school season is through. One thing both guys know is that this year (2019) recruiting class is full of big men that will make both these guys better in the long run.

I think this is one time where your pessimism is the correct choice. I know nothing about the situation but these are teenage kids and there are still unscrupulous forces in college basketball.
    Honestly, if we land both kids, to me that will be a sign that the sport is getting cleaner. (Foolish I know)
    Fingers still crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    Have not heard a specific time frame, Suggs commits first, then Strawther. I would guess it will be after the high school season is through. One thing both guys know is that this year (2019) recruiting class is full of big men that will make both these guys better in the long run.
    So their playing season, not the school year? Anyone know when Minneapolis and Vegas finish their playing years?

I'm with you, but at least with these two guys, they have never indicated a "Dream School." Brandon made it clear that it was always Arizona. Then he backed off once the FBI stuff was going on. Once it settled down, he returned to "Chipmunk."