Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: GU vs Pepperdine (Home & only edition) - Predictions/Thoughts/What you do hope to see

Default GU vs Pepperdine (Home & only edition) - Predictions/Thoughts/What you do hope to see

Only game against the Waves this season. Waves are coming in winning just 2 of their last six and 2 straight losses. Which Pepperdine team shows up? The ones who beat USD and St. Mary's or the ones who lost to Santa Clara and Pacific? Will the Zags break out of this semi-funk?

What are your thoughts? What do you hope to see? Expect to see? Predictions?

Have at it boys and girls!
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

88-62 Zags
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

Seems like about 80% of the time willandi is first one in... almost feels wrong when he isn't. Just like there is a handful of people that like to wait until midday game day.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
    Seems like about 80% of the time willandi is first one in... almost feels wrong when he isn't. Just like there is a handful of people that like to wait until midday game day.
    All that study time does me no good.

I've been decent at predicting the other team's score, so here goes:

Zags 93
    Waves 58

I expect another stout defensive effort spurred on by the Kennel Club.

Putting last week behind them.

Zags - 94
    U of Pepperdine - 65
    My posts indicate that I don't seem to follow college basketball all that closely.

Pepperdine 62
    Gonzaga 98
    The world is a magical place full of people waiting to be offended by something.

LIZF, first off just wanna give you a shout out and thank you for these prediction threads. Fun read leading up to gameday; it’s part I of my 3 step process for each game that also includes Section’s postgame radio summary threads and Reborn’s postgame thoughts threads. I suck at predicting the score but enjoy the “what you hope to see” opportunity and comments.

I hope to see Zach Norvell continue playing the best ball of his Zag career. He is shooting at a high clip, playing great D and driving and finishing more and more. Rui and Clarke deservedly getting lots of media attention, Perkins getting lots of “he’s under appreciated” spot on props for being the maestro for these Zags, but man oh man I think ZN is on a tear right now. Not in terms of huge scoring #s but just in terms of doing everything for this team and taking better shots. I love ZN and really hope we have him back next year.
    It is their time....their team...I just get to watch. - Bartruff1

NO (more) Injuries! Look and feel of a Final Four team. More Petrol......we’re going to need him, with or without Tillie.

Zags 93
    Pepp 77
    To Fish & Game: Keep streams stocked well for Mr. Few!

Zags 89 - 59

Go!! Zags!!!
    "Learn from the past, Plan for the future, Live in the Now!"

Zags 101

Waves 67
    Love the zags for life

Quote Originally Posted by GonzagasaurusFlex View Post
    LIZF, first off just wanna give you a shout out and thank you for these prediction threads. Fun read leading up to gameday; it’s part I of my 3 step process for each game that also includes Section’s postgame radio summary threads and Reborn’s postgame thoughts threads. I suck at predicting the score but enjoy the “what you hope to see” opportunity and comments.

I hope to see Zach Norvell continue playing the best ball of his Zag career. He is shooting at a high clip, playing great D and driving and finishing more and more. Rui and Clarke deservedly getting lots of media attention, Perkins getting lots of “he’s under appreciated” spot on props for being the maestro for these Zags, but man oh man I think ZN is on a tear right now. Not in terms of huge scoring #s but just in terms of doing everything for this team and taking better shots. I love ZN and really hope we have him back next year.
    I do have to say Reborn deserves the credit for the thread more than I. He was the one who used to do these. When we started tracking the predictions I kind of took over. I am with you... as fun as the predictions are... I really do enjoy reading what others thoughts going into the game are.

96 - 65 Zags

Zags win 95-64. Another 30 point win. The only thing that makes me think I over-estimated the Zag score (again) is the Ken Bone effect. His knowledge of this system and his help creating their game plan could make it a much closer game. But I'm hoping the Zags come out running and gunning and rack up a big score.

Zags 90 Waves 59
    “People have an uncanny ability to make me think I am smarter than I really am. Human Beings bring me back to reality.” S.T.

They were missing 2 guys Sat. & PG rolled his ankle late in that game.
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

Back to being the Zags we know and love.

Dogs 93
    Waves 55
    Keeping real estate real in the Wenatchee Valley since 1991.

Would like to see BYU win on Thursday so zags can clinch wcc championship outright on Saturday night against the cougars and on zags home court.

Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
    I do have to say Reborn deserves the credit for the thread more than I. He was the one who used to do these. When we started tracking the predictions I kind of took over. I am with you... as fun as the predictions are... I really do enjoy reading what others thoughts going into the game are.
    Thanks for what you said, but we all know that your work on this thread is so much better than mine was, and it may be, infact, the best, or at least the thread that there is the most participation by Zag fans. And I'm sure that because we are all sport fanatics, that a part of us remains competitive. I know it's kind of childish for us to still be competitive. My God I'm 71. But it's in me. Extremely hard to get rid. But I believe that this is one place that it's ok to be competitive as long as we keep it on simmer, which has taken me a long time to learn.

Go Zags!!!
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Zags 105
    Pepperdine 55

Again - hoping we see some points from the bench. I'd love to see more than 1 3 each from Jones, Petrusev and Crandall These are the last 2 home games coming up this week. It'll be a great time for any Zags not returning in the Fall to have some fun on their home court. The Mrs and I get to go to both games and will do Section 104 proud ...
    http://www.fowlplaces.com/zags/GoZagsTinySignGuyGlassesColor.png

90-69, Zags surf to a routine win over the Waves

Few has had Romar's number for quite awhile now ....
    Mark F. 100
    L. Romar 60

Quote Originally Posted by ZagsGoZags View Post
    Few has had Romar's number for quite awhile now ....
    Mark F. 100
    L. Romar 60
    Yeah, but Romar once again has his X's & O's guy Ken Bone by his side, & Bone just recently spent a year with the Zags.

Any word if there will be a Big Balla' kiosk set up on the concourse?

Quote Originally Posted by sittingon50 View Post
    Yeah, but Romar once again has his X's & O's guy Ken Bone by his side, & Bone just recently spent a year with the Zags.
    Don't forget Graduate Manager Conner Griffen )

https://pepperdinewaves.com/coaches....14&path=mbball