Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: GU vs San Diego (Road edition) - Predictions/Thoughts/What you do hope to see

Default GU vs San Diego (Road edition) - Predictions/Thoughts/What you do hope to see

How do the Zags bounce back from the LMU game? Meanwhile how does USD react to back to back losses to Pepperdine and BYU? Do they take it to the Torreros or does USD pull off an upset?

What are you expecting to see? Hope to see? Thoughts? Predictions?

Have at it boys and girls!
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

88-62 Zags
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
    How do the Zags bounce back from the LMU game? Meanwhile how does USD react to back to back losses to Pepperdine and BYU? Do they take it to the Torreros or does USD pull off an upset?

Back to back road game, coming off a tough physical game with 4 starters playing 33 to 37 minutes, with a quick turn around. Recipe for a problem with stamina? Hope for more bench minutes.

Zags 89-65

Back to the 90's. Not a 30-pt blowout, but we will see more of the bench than we did last night.

Zags - 91
    U of SD - 68
    My posts indicate that I don't seem to follow college basketball all that closely.

NO (more) INJURIES! Peddle to the Metal from the get go. More Petrol.

Was thinking about this last night, LI. USD has snatched defeat from the jaws of victory their last 2 times out. Really don't know if that will get in their heads or if their backs against the wall fighting for a better seed will light a fire?
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

I'm gonna be honest... no idea on predicting this game. JMHO but USD>LMU and LMU put a scare in GU. Don't think I am putting prediction up until tomorrow.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

USD obviously dealing with a post-Zags hangover. This time, they'll be at home, and the place should be packed. Zags will bounce back from a sluggish game last night, and Piniero won't drop 30 this time.

Zags 83
    Toreros 66

Zags 85
    USD 78

Regardless how much more talented you are then your opponent, it's tough to win on the road in conference. I'm uncomfortable with this one and is really the only potential stumbling block I see in the road ahead. San Diego always plays the Zags tough, especially at home. Zags win, but not by much -

Zags 81
    USD 75
    Keeping real estate real in the Wenatchee Valley since 1991.

GREAT test, just what's needed this time of year.
    thinking like WenatcheeZag and A to Zags on this one
    the Pineiro matchup, fun to watch, adjustments, etc.

Zags 90 SD 73. I would like to see the Zags prevent San Diego from getting any offensive rebounds, as unrealistic as that is.
    “People have an uncanny ability to make me think I am smarter than I really am. Human Beings bring me back to reality.” S.T.

Pineiro (sp??) needs to be held below his season average. If he goes off again like he did in K2, Gonzaga could be in major trouble. I think USD more than any team in the WCC is best equipped to beat GU.

That being said, after the sluggish performance vs. LMU (at least in the first half), I expect Gonzaga to come out burning and win with more ease. But it will be more challenging. I certainly do not expect anything like we saw last week.

This is going to be a tough game with Pinero. Hopefully they looked at the tapes carefully after the way he played in the Kennel. Control him, control the game. ZAGS will have a major chip on shoulders after the LMU game. Don't want to jinx us but I think it will be a good win.

Quote Originally Posted by zagbeliever View Post
    This is going to be a tough game with Pinero. Hopefully they looked at the tapes carefully after the way he played in the Kennel. Control him, control the game. ZAGS will have a major chip on shoulders after the LMU game. Don't want to jinx us but I think it will be a good win.
    Pinero played 44 min in OT loss last night.....took 6 shots entire game made 5...finished w 20...8-10 from line

Zags put up a dominating performance after an out of synch game against LMU. I envision a lot of fire power coming off the bench that gets us to a blow out of USD. Petrusev, Crandall, Jones all contribute offensively. You know who is due for a big game from beyond the arch? Perkins and Norvell.

Zags 87
    Padres 71

Hope to see quick start by Zags, something like 20-10 at the 12-minute timeout. This should allow for more bench minutes, particularly for Petrusev. Want to see Perkins bounce back from a subpar game. Would like to see Pineiro held to 20 or less. Won't be easy to do though.
    "Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."
    —Kurt Vonnegut

GU 91 -63

Zags 84-72

Go!! Zags!!!
    "Learn from the past, Plan for the future, Live in the Now!"

Go Zags. Beat the Toreros !
    GU -86 USD - 70

86 to 78, Zags

88-69 us

Tough game, but the Zags pull it out: 87-82.

85-65 zags