Quote Originally Posted by basketballzag View Post
    Is ZagMBB following Nix on Twitter? Sometimes this is a good indicator
    No, they are not. Only the 2020 verbal commits in terms of future recruits

Quote Originally Posted by exclusivelee View Post
    No, they are not. Only the 2020 verbal commits in terms of future recruits
    Then I would say you can probably scratch him off the list

wouldn't scratch him off quite yet, but certainly not trending in the right direction...thornton would be a decent stopgap consolation prize if suggs is on the way.

It doesn't mean much. That account isn't following Suggs, Holmgren, Kessler, Maxwell, Bittle, Gregg, or Harvey either. And it didn't follow Gilder until he announced for the Zags

It doesn't mean much. That account isn't following Suggs, Holmgren, Kessler, Maxwell, Bittle, Gregg, or Harvey either. And it didn't follow Gilder until he announced for the Zags
    If it's the official Zags basketball account are they even allowed to follow recruits or would it be a violation until they actually sign. I know coaches can't publicly discuss recruits until they sign.

Quote Originally Posted by bdmiller7 View Post
    If it's the official Zags basketball account are they even allowed to follow recruits or would it be a violation until they actually sign.
    There is no rule against college coaching following a recruit on social media, in fact, they are also allowed to "like", "retweet", "share", and "favorite" as long as they do not "comment" on a recruit who has not signed a letter of intent

Go check out the DukeMBB twitter account. You'll see them following many 2020 and 2021 basketball recruits like Suggs, Cade Cunningham, and Jalen Johnson. The ZagMBB account follows Dom and Julian. Neither have signed a letter of intent yet

There is no rule against college coaching following a recruit on social media, in fact, they are also allowed to "like", "retweet", "share", and "favorite" as long as they do not "comment" on a recruit who has not signed a letter of intent

Go check out the DukeMBB twitter account. You'll see them following many 2020 and 2021 basketball recruits like Suggs, Cade Cunningham, and Jalen Johnson. The ZagMBB account follows Dom and Julian. Neither have signed a letter of intent yet
    Thanks, wasnt sure on the rules. Maybe ZagsMBB waits until they've at least verbally committed to follow recruits. I definitely wouldnt take that account as who we do or don't have a chance at in recruiting though.

Is there a deadline for Nix?

Default Thanks, Exclusivelee

There is no rule against college coaching following a recruit on social media, in fact, they are also allowed to "like", "retweet", "share", and "favorite" as long as they do not "comment" on a recruit who has not signed a letter of intent. Go check out the DukeMBB twitter account. You'll see them following many 2020 and 2021 basketball recruits like Suggs, Cade Cunningham, and Jalen Johnson. The ZagMBB account follows Dom and Julian. Neither have signed a letter of intent yet
    Thanks for your post -- informed, well-written, and leaving me a bit less ignorant than I was previously. This is why many of us keep coming back here.
    SLOZag
    "Kids come here to better their own lives, not ours. If you take a player’s failures as a personal affront…. check yourself." - Chick-Stratino'sUrDaddy

Default Nimari Burnett

Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    Some rumblings I have heard lately come out of Prolific Prep, sounds like the staff is really high on Burnett ... .
    "A combo guard, [Nimari] Burnett is ranked No. 23 in 247Sports Composite rankings [for 2020] and is one of the most sought after rising guards in the class. With offers from a handful of schools, his list includes Arizona, Arizona State, Gonzaga, Ohio State, USC, Stanford and many others. In a recent interview with Hawkeyenation.com, Burnett expressed what he will look for in his suitors. “What’s most important is a school that has a good coaching staff, good academic programs, and a system that I can fit in right away and succeed in that can also get me to the next level,” Indiana, who extended an offer in July, has sparked an interest from the 6-foot-3 guard. In the same article, it was noted that Burnett wants to major in Sports Management while in school, a program that Indiana University ranks highly in, and could possibly help draw him back to the midwest. The Hoosiers are heavily routed in the guards of the 2020 class, currently involved with Caleb Love, Anthony Leal, Trey Galloway, RJ Davis, Mike Saunders, and DJ Steward amongst others. For now, Burnett’s recruiting is ‘wide open’ and he doesn’t expect to make a decision until next spring."

https://hoosierstateofmind.com/2019/...draft-combine/
    SLOZag
    "Kids come here to better their own lives, not ours. If you take a player’s failures as a personal affront…. check yourself." - Chick-Stratino'sUrDaddy

Quote Originally Posted by SLOZag View Post
    "A combo guard, [Nimari] Burnett is ranked No. 23 in 247Sports Composite rankings [for 2020] and is one of the most sought after rising guards in the class. With offers from a handful of schools, his list includes Arizona, Arizona State, Gonzaga, Ohio State, USC, Stanford and many others. In a recent interview with Hawkeyenation.com, Burnett expressed what he will look for in his suitors. “What’s most important is a school that has a good coaching staff, good academic programs, and a system that I can fit in right away and succeed in that can also get me to the next level,” Indiana, who extended an offer in July, has sparked an interest from the 6-foot-3 guard. In the same article, it was noted that Burnett wants to major in Sports Management while in school, a program that Indiana University ranks highly in, and could possibly help draw him back to the midwest. The Hoosiers are heavily routed in the guards of the 2020 class, currently involved with Caleb Love, Anthony Leal, Trey Galloway, RJ Davis, Mike Saunders, and DJ Steward amongst others. For now, Burnett’s recruiting is ‘wide open’ and he doesn’t expect to make a decision until next spring."

https://hoosierstateofmind.com/2019/...draft-combine/
    I'll wave at him as I drive by his school on the way to work.
    I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

Smile Anyone know...

...if we're (still) talking to Nix about reclassifying to 2019? Anybody got anything new on him?

:]
    Yeah, we're "The Champs," uh-huh!

he's kept his recruiting plans pretty quiet...tight to the vest, so don't expect much news to be coming out until he actually takes action. based on what i've heard, he won't announce anything regarding reclassifying until he announces where he plans to go. probably won't be an rj hampton scenario.

He says he is 2020.

Yup, 2020...he's staying, now inviting blue bloods....

my recruitment is open

@BBallplayaz
    9h9 hours ago
    More
    Replying to @djfromveg
    2019 or 2020?

daishen

Perhaps not a leader for Nix anymore with him staying in 2020

https://twitter.com/PaulBiancardi/st...283658240?s=19

Perhaps not a leader for Nix anymore with him staying in 2020

https://twitter.com/PaulBiancardi/st...283658240?s=19
    Memphis.

Reading between the lines in the tea leaves and which way the wind is blowing (this is next-level, gratuitous prognostication with a healthy dose of wishful thinking mixed in) that his lack of mention of GU means that the staff has something different planned. Maybe Nix just isn't interested in GU but... I'm hoping this means a backcourt of Suggs and Harris is coming to fruition.

EPLAY Basketball

@EPLAYbasketball
    15h15 hours ago
    More
    Daishen Nix is on a roll at the @PangosAACamp 16pts on a spotless shooting percentage (6-6 from field, 4-4 from 3) @djfromveg

Are we still high on this guy? Hope so given his performance at the Pangos Camp.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnOGU View Post
    Are we still high on this guy? Hope so given his performance at the Pangos Camp.
    Duke. Memphis. UK. That crowd.

He is on our radar but also playing himself on to every blue bloods radar too.

Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    He is on our radar but also playing himself on to every blue bloods radar too.
    afraid so.....he's lined up perfectly to replace either cole anthony at unc or the duke freshman as the team's next point guard......

Interesting tidbit. The attitude that GU can't compete on the recruiting trail is the one Coach Fitzgerald subscribed to. Couple of guys that worked for him disagreed. Had they not... most of the people on this board... wouldn't be on this board.

Not saying Zags get Nix... but no reason to assume it is impossible either. You fail 100% of the times you don't try at all.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death