Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 2020 - Daishen Nix

Default Kentucky Enters the Fray

"According to Ben Roberts of the Lexington Herald-Leader, [Kentucky] assistant coach Joel Justus paid a visit to five-star point guard Daishen Nix on Thursday."

https://www.aseaofblue.com/2019/5/4/...ansas-jayhawks
    SLOZag
    "Kids come here to better their own lives, not ours. If you take a player’s failures as a personal affront…. check yourself." - Chick-Stratino'sUrDaddy

Quote Originally Posted by webspinnre View Post
    Swap Gilder and Jenkins and now your height "issue" is solved.
    Good chance both will be here.

Quote Originally Posted by MDABE80 View Post
    Good chance both will be here.
    I'm saying that the way he had the lineup, the SG was "too small". All he had to do was move Gilder to SG and now the height is fine.
    I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

Bingo……..web. More to come.

caldwell - any updates on Nix? With Suggs recruitment trending in such a positive direction, is there any risk still pursuing Nix for 2019?

Gilder and Jenkins likely would not even play together, no?

Quote Originally Posted by Worthington View Post
    Gilder and Jenkins likely would not even play together, no?
    Would depend on the status of a potential transfer waiver. While Jenkins is fine, I'm less excited about him than Gilder, especially if Nix is on the table instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Hooray4Daye&Gray View Post
    And then the Zags made their 21st straight tournament. And their 5th straight Final Four. And the National Championship game. Things have drastically changed since then.

We ARE the big dog. If players want recent deep March runs, GONZAGA is the play more than Kentucky, more than Duke.

Now if a kid wants to get paid, or have his family put in a mansion, than fine. The cheaters will always get those guys.

What do you think fans of “blue bloods” like UCLA and Indiana say when Gonzaga gets involved with a player they are after? “Crap, why would he come to our school when he could play for Mark Few and an annual championship contender?”

I don’t see Suggs breaking Dom and Julian’s hearts to play for some late coming blue blood with players that aren’t his friends and recruiters that he doesn’t trust.
    Ummm... think your math is off a bit.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Caldwell - any news here?!

Quote Originally Posted by harryzag View Post
    Caldwell - any news here?!
    Nothing new.

Ok, how late in the year can a player reclassify? Does the player then simply take the GED? What about test scores, etc.?

Could this all be in the works currently for Nix?

Are the rumblings that Caldwellzag has been hearing related to the task of trying to reclassify and the reason everything is so quiet is to see if it would even be possible before saying anything?

BTW, if this is going to happen, it seems logically this would be the next big news!?

It's crazy how spoiled we are that we're hoping every day for new information.

North Texas grad transfer point guard Ryan Woolridge or Daishen Nix?

It's crazy how spoiled we are that we're hoping every day for new information.
    Not that I have a strong disagreement with your statement, its just that given the fact that this school year is coming to an end and the next is less than 4 months away, the announcement of a recruit coming in in less than 4 months seems to me something that should be imminent.

Quote Originally Posted by former1dog View Post
    Not that I have a strong disagreement with your statement, its just that given the fact that this school year is coming to an end and the next is less than 4 months away, the announcement of a recruit coming in in less than 4 months seems to me something that should be imminent.
    You've been on the board long enough to know that sometimes it's early, sometimes it's late. We've found out about guys in June some years.

You've been on the board long enough to know that sometimes it's early, sometimes it's late. We've found out about guys in June some years.
    This is correct. Guys, recall that Marvin Bagley made the announcement to reclassify and head to Duke on August 15th. This one might take some patience although I do not expect it to take until August (assuming it happens at all).

I'm a board OG, Web... I was on two previous iterations of this board.

That being beside the point, though.

In my memory, we haven't heard about a domestic high school recruit any later than this. That said, we have never had a domestic recruit reclassify his graduation year either.

In my memory, we haven't heard about a domestic high school recruit any later than this. That said, we have never had a domestic recruit reclassify his graduation year either.
    Not sure the timing of things or if it will actually happen, but was told that there is some behind the scenes stuff that must happen before things will be finalized and to be patient.

Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    Not sure the timing of things or if it will actually happen, but was told that there is some behind the scenes stuff that must happen before things will be finalized and to be patient.
    Thanks!

That's my point, I've been around since then as well. You should know how this goes.

That's my point, I've been around since then as well. You should know how this goes.
    Not to belabor the point or derail the thread, but some of this is new ground we're covering.

At the end of the day, Caldwellzag gave me an informed response. It is appreciated and that's all I needed.

God Bless!

Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    Thanks! What would you say the odds are of Nix being on the roster next year are?

Quote Originally Posted by harryzag View Post
    Thanks! What would you say the odds are of Nix being on the roster next year are?
    In all honesty I have really no clue. This has been a pretty quiet recruitment.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagBlue View Post
    This is correct. Guys, recall that Marvin Bagley made the announcement to reclassify and head to Duke on August 15th. This one might take some patience although I do not expect it to take until August (assuming it happens at all).
    We are not duke. Bagley could not have been eligible anywhere else. not only did he have to make up his senior year, but he went to a school that the ncaa does not accept. Bagley had to make up 2 years in what 3 weeks. Wish we would get duke treatment, but us or any other school does not.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOtherGreatOne View Post
    We are not duke. Bagley could not have been eligible anywhere else. not only did he have to make up his senior year, but he went to a school that the ncaa does not accept. Bagley had to make up 2 years in what 3 weeks. Wish we would get duke treatment, but us or any other school does not.
    That's quite the claim, and one I hadn't heard before. How does it mesh with what is reported here?:

https://www.journalnow.com/sports/co...1b7625616.html