Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 2020 - Daishen Nix

During my temporary exile to literary Elba, I watched a ton of film on Nix and being as objective as possible, I think he’s phenomenal and almost as good as Suggs, like minimal difference between the two. Plus he’s built like a MAC truck. Plus he’s from Anchorage, Alaska. If we can get Nix for 2019, that would be a home run.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rp67tuxYxe4

Quote Originally Posted by hooter73 View Post
    Wiltjer in high school was all but in the bag until Kentucky made one phone call...
    That was before Gonzaga made the national title game and damn near won it all. They are one of only 3 programs (the 2 other blue bloods) to make the sweet 16 or better 5 straight seasons in the expanded bracket era. They have a top 5 recruiting class coming in next year.

Things have changed.

I think the program has elevated its stock significantly since the Wiltjer days. Are they a blue blood? No. But they have so much more to sell. Not to mention the Volkar Center.

Metaphorical Elba?

Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    During my temporary exile to literary Elba, I watched a ton of film on Nix and being as objective as possible, I think he’s phenomenal and almost as good as Suggs, like minimal difference between the two. Plus he’s built like a MAC truck. Plus he’s from Anchorage, Alaska. If we can get Nix for 2019, that would be a home run.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Metaphorical Elba?
    Of course. Look closer, I said literary, not literally. You’ve known me long enough to know that I am a word nerd and know the difference between literally and metaphorically. I would not make such an egregious faux pas. Now, your and you’re; all bets are off.

Of course. Look closer, I said literary, not literally. You’ve known me long enough to know that I am a word nerd and know the difference between literally and metaphorically. I would not make such an egregious faux pas. Now, your and you’re; all bets are off.
    And here I am thinking of yore.
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    And here I am thinking of yore.
    Ha!

What I love about this vid is his exceptional passing and that he enjoys setting up his teammates. What gives me pause is another guard who apparently cannot (perhaps just does not in these clips) finish above the rim. Not so easy to make layups vs D1 defenders...and as much as I’ll miss Perkins, I won’t miss that facet of his game.
    It is their time....their team...I just get to watch. - Bartruff1

OK, but I still think metaphorical Elba is correct; literary Elba would refer to banishment found in some work of art, not this bedraggled board.

OK, but I still think metaphorical Elba is correct; literary Elba would refer to banishment found in some work of art, not this bedraggled board.
    What I meant was my one month suspension from these boards was my literary Elba. But you could be correct, I may have wrongly used that analogy.

Quote Originally Posted by GonzagasaurusFlex View Post
    What I love about this vid is his exceptional passing and that he enjoys setting up his teammates. What gives me pause is another guard who apparently cannot (perhaps just does not in these clips) finish above the rim. Not so easy to make layups vs D1 defenders...and as much as I’ll miss Perkins, I won’t miss that facet of his game.
    I think this clip just highlighted his amazing court vision, passing and shooting but look at the block he made on the runway fast break at 1:09. His head is at the rim.

Nix would be an amazing addition to the 2019 class. Would definitely feel quite comfortable with him starting from day one.

Has there been any evidence of this possibility online though? I haven't seen us linked to him in quite some time and I don't think the coaching staff has been spotted at any of his games recently...

Quote Originally Posted by Worthington View Post
    Nix would be an amazing addition to the 2019 class. Would definitely feel quite comfortable with him starting from day one.

Has there been any evidence of this possibility online though? I haven't seen us linked to him in quite some time and I don't think the coaching staff has been spotted at any of his games recently...
    Caldwell's been pretty reliable as far as his sources, so it sounds like it might be on the table at least.
    I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

His court vision and passing are incredible. You can hear the "oohs" and "aahs" from the crowd. lol

What I meant was my one month suspension from these boards was my literary Elba. But you could be correct, I may have wrongly used that analogy.
    This ain’t literature. Everything else is cool. Welcome back.

This ain’t literature. Everything else is cool. Welcome back.
    Ha! True and thanks

Literary Elba= Exiled and cannot write/post things. I think it works, although they probably have computers and the internet on Elba now. I’ll email Abraham Lincoln.

Quote Originally Posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
    Literary Elba= Exiled and cannot write/post things. I think it works, although they probably have computers and the internet on Elba now. I’ll email Abraham Lincoln.
    This literally made me lol. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bartruff1 View Post
    If it is on the internet.....you don't know who actually tweeted it....you don't know what their motives might be....you don't know how credible the poster is.....even assuming it is a legitimate post, you don't know how thoughtful it is or impulsive or mistaken it might me....

It could be the President, or the Russians or some 400 pound guy on a couch in his mothers basement...not prudent.....

His court vision and passing are incredible. You can hear the "oohs" and "aahs" from the crowd. lol
    Yeah, Jalen Suggs is definitely on another plane than Nix. Suggs is dat dude. The guy that can lead us to our first natty and be the most legendary Zag of all time.

I would rather have Gilder and Jenkins this year if Suggs preferred to have a clear picture of who he'd run with in 2020. Suggs + Harris + Strawther alongside the bigs we'll still have = the greatest of times.

Quote Originally Posted by Hooray4Daye&Gray View Post
    Yeah, Jalen Suggs is definitely on another plane than Nix. Suggs is dat dude. The guy that can lead us to our first natty and be the most legendary Zag of all time.

I would rather have Gilder and Jenkins this year if Suggs preferred to have a clear picture of who he'd run with in 2020. Suggs + Harris + Strawther alongside the bigs we'll still have = the greatest of times.
    You're from Minnesota, I expect you to be Suggs biased. He is better, but not that much better than Nix, Suggs is #10, Nix is #15. And your other point of taking Gilder and Jenkins over Nix, I disagree with that one too. Next season is a rebuild, regardless. Why have 2 transfers that are good, not great players taking time away from a 5* stud, especially when the round of 32 is most likely where we top out. Ideally, in a perfect world, my next years team (2020) would consist of Kispert, Suggs, Nix, Strawther, Harris, Ravet, Watson, Petrusev, Timme, Ballo, Pavel. That would be our most talented, athletic team ever, but obviously super young and inexperienced.
    Last edited by thespywhozaggedme; 05-02-2019 at 05:25 AM.

It seems that Nix is VERY fundamentally sound and has excellent court vision.

I have no doubt about his athleticism, so not worried that he isn't "highlight dunking" in these videos. Probably the least selfish mix tape I have watched, featuring pass after pass after pass. Most of those passes are the non flashy variety, but do require great vision.

Nothing not to like about this kid. Does he have Native American ancestry? I would think that was cool, as a Rez kid!

It seems that the outcome of the Nix/Suggs comparison depends on what one needs in their PG. Nix is described as a very good passer and Suggs is described as a score-first guy who can distribute. I'd take either one, and the two could theoretically play together if they wanted to defer to each other a bit.

It seems that the outcome of the Nix/Suggs comparison depends on what one needs in their PG. Nix is described as a very good passer and Suggs is described as a score-first guy who can distribute. I'd take either one, and the two could theoretically play together if they wanted to defer to each other a bit.
    This is spot on!

Quote Originally Posted by former1dog View Post
    It seems that Nix is VERY fundamentally sound and has excellent court vision.

I have no doubt about his athleticism, so not worried that he isn't "highlight dunking" in these videos. Probably the least selfish mix tape I have watched, featuring pass after pass after pass. Most of those passes are the non flashy variety, but do require great vision.

Nothing not to like about this kid. Does he have Native American ancestry? I would think that was cool, as a Rez kid!
    He is from Alaska, so it's possibly. I do know one thing, the kid is thick, don't have to worry about him getting pushed around.

Plus, they're separate years if Nix is reclassifying. Suggs looks like a super star, Nix looks like a very, very good player, but if you could get Nix, but run the risk of losing Suggs, do you do it? That's the million dollar question.