Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 - Daishen Nix

Default 2020 - Daishen Nix

Playmaker

"[Daishen]Nix may be the best passer in the 2020 class. He has good size, ball skills and quickness, but where Nix really makes his mark is with his high level vision and creativity as a passer. While Nix is a formidable scorer, improving shooter and intriguing defender to his instincts, it’s his passing ability that the five-star prospect really hangs his hat on.

Recruiting: Nix’ recruitment includes Kansas, Gonzaga, Marquette, Maryland and TCU."

https://247sports.com/Article/Colleg...yer-129086930/
    SLOZag
    "Kids come here to better their own lives, not ours. If you take a player’s failures as a personal affront…. check yourself." - Chick-Stratino'sUrDaddy

Is he plan B if Suggs goes elsewhere?

Nix's is an interesting prospect, as we are recruiting him, but for whatever reason his recruiting has not taken off. He is a playmaker and rising up the charts like crazy, but I think the recruitment has not taken off yet, as our top two priorities at this point are Suggs and Strawther. Plus D. Harris plays a similar position as Nix's as he is a combo guard. A name to watch for sure, but not to the level of Suggs and Strawther.

so it says Zags offered Oct 7,2018.....true?

https://247sports.com/Player/Daishen-Nix-46050728/

Quote Originally Posted by Zagceo View Post
    so it says Zags offered Oct 7,2018.....true?

https://247sports.com/Player/Daishen-Nix-46050728/
    Fact

I heard there is a chance he reclassifies to 2019. He has been super tight lipped on his recruitment, but I do know we have been on him and he could be the answer at point guard next year. Just keep an eye out the next few weeks on Nix and his recruitment to GU.

Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    I heard there is a chance he reclassifies to 2019. He has been super tight lipped on his recruitment, but I do know we have been on him and he could be the answer at point guard next year. Just keep an eye out the next few weeks on Nix and his recruitment to GU.
    How will that go with Harris if they go with Nix to reclassify but not him?

I imagine it is an either/or situation with Suggs/Nix?

Is this speculation on your part or do you have some extra knowledge?

I've eagerly anticipated the staff pulling a PG-playing rabbit out of a hat for 2019 and this would be amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
    I've eagerly anticipated the staff pulling a PG-playing rabbit out of a hat for 2019 and this would be amazing.
    Especially if they can get another almost as good as Ravet!
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

Quote Originally Posted by zagsfanforlife View Post
    I imagine it is an either/or situation with Suggs/Nix?
    I don’t imagine that. If Suggs is the competitor I think he is, this shouldn’t be an issue imo.

Whoever asked about Harris reclassifying, his Twitter certainly more than suggests he’s not doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by cggonzaga View Post
    I don’t imagine that. If Suggs is the competitor I think he is, this shouldn’t be an issue imo.

Whoever asked about Harris reclassifying, his Twitter certainly more than suggests he’s not doing that.
    As much of a competitor as he might be, you don't often see a kid who is top 3 at his position go somewhere where he is going to have an uphill climb at a starting position day 1. Why? Because he doesnt have to and because many blue bloods would offer him the starting spot day 1. If Nix is already here in 2019, the best chance he would get is either a) nix going early to the pros or b) he would be the offguard starting day 1...

Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    Especially if they can get another almost as good as Ravet!
    I sincerely appreciate your optimism about Ravet.

Great news! Do you think we get him on campus soon?

Help me out here. Nix is higher rated than Suggs? 99 to 91. What’s to worry about?

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Help me out here. Nix is higher rated than Suggs? 99 to 91. What’s to worry about?
    I see no issues at all. Would be happy with either!
    America's Team!

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Which ranking is Nix higher in? ESPN, 247, and Rivals all have Suggs ahead of Nix, though not by much. I'm for Nix reclassifying, playing this year, going one and done, bring in Suggs in 2020, best of both worlds.

Quote Originally Posted by bdmiller7 View Post
    Which ranking is Nix higher in? ESPN, 247, and Rivals all have Suggs ahead of Nix, though not by much. I'm for Nix reclassifying, playing this year, going one and done, bring in Suggs in 2020, best of both worlds.
    247 99 to 91.

https://247sports.com/PlayerInstitut...rtPredictions/

https://247sports.com/Player/Jalen-Suggs-45572569/

You are referencing Jalen Suggs FOOTBALL recruiting page.
    FOOTBALL: He is a 4-star QB recruit 288 in the nation. https://247sports.com/Player/Jalen-Suggs-45572569/
    BASKETBALL: He is a 5-star CG recruit 10 in the nation. https://247sports.com/Player/Jalen-S...81332/?Sport=2

Quote Originally Posted by phxfireflames View Post
    You are referencing Jalen Suggs FOOTBALL recruiting page.
    FOOTBALL: He is a 4-star QB recruit 288 in the nation. https://247sports.com/Player/Jalen-Suggs-45572569/
    BASKETBALL: He is a 5-star CG recruit 10 in the nation. https://247sports.com/Player/Jalen-S...81332/?Sport=2
    Oops. Thanks

Suggs needs to figure out what he’s doing. Zags want him BAD but they also aren’t going to wait.

Quote Originally Posted by hooter73 View Post
    Suggs needs to figure out what he’s doing. Zags want him BAD but they also aren’t going to wait.
    So far in the ESPN 100 rankings for 2020 12 players have verbally committed. It's still really early, GU is in no hurry.

Quote Originally Posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
    I sincerely appreciate your optimism about Ravet.
    It is what GoZags says is the coaching staffs opinion. I have no reason to doubt them.
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

Quote Originally Posted by zagsfanforlife View Post
    As much of a competitor as he might be, you don't often see a kid who is top 3 at his position go somewhere where he is going to have an uphill climb at a starting position day 1. Why? Because he doesnt have to and because many blue bloods would offer him the starting spot day 1. If Nix is already here in 2019, the best chance he would get is either a) nix going early to the pros or b) he would be the offguard starting day 1...
    I just disagree. There are still many blue blood freshmen out there that don’t start day 1. Especially at point guard. Also, it’s all about competition. If he doesn’t think he could beat Nix out, then quite frankly he can go somewhere else. Taking the road most traveled isn’t for everyone and I would hope Suggs felt the same way.