Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chance for Zags to get a #1.....recruiting class, that is!

I'm calling it now:

Jalen Suggs to GU.
    The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Quote Originally Posted by BobZag View Post
    I'm calling it now:

Jalen Suggs to GU.
    your lips to Gods ears. he would be our highest rated recruit......ever.

Quote Originally Posted by basketballzag View Post
    Ballo will be ballin for the Zags you can write that in ink. The Kennel Club better put on their "A" game for the Pepperdine game when he shows up so he signs on the dotted line during the game. After we sign him we officially become a Kentucky/Duke type program and immediately put ourselves into the National Championshp hunt once again. He reminds me of Shaq in every aspect of his game. I don't know if he has Shaq's dedication to the classroom though--if he has that academic Shaqtastic trait then we will have one special player.
    Ideally I was hoping that he'd be a 2020, just to space out or centers. If he is a 2019 does he immediately start over Petrusev? I assume Pavel would redshirt?

I'm calling it now:

Jalen Suggs to GU.
    OK bob whats your "calling it now" record for the record? )

Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    Ideally I was hoping that he'd be a 2020, just to space out or centers. If he is a 2019 does he immediately start over Petrusev? I assume Pavel would redshirt?
    If he's in the 19 class he will be really young. I don't think he turns 17 until July. My guess is he has a lot of work to do to fit into Few's precision offense. I'd be amazed if he starts day one. I would guess closer to Rui's progression. He will be behind in terms of his basketball IQ coming from Mali, but man is he big and strong for a 16 year old. My guess is he's a beast year 2.

I'm calling it now:

Jalen Suggs to GU.
    Thanks a lot BZ. That certainly will get a few posters lathered up!!
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

Early in the process I was hearing Pavel is more of a project and may redshirt, but since coming state side he has impressed a lot. BTW the Montverde team he is on is not a JV team, it is more of an elite basketball training program. He will be fully ready to step in and play next year. Next year we will have an embarrassment of riches if Ballo signs, which I am very confident he will.

I'm calling it now:

Jalen Suggs to GU.
    I will piggy back on this and say I agree 100%. I honestly think we could have a verbal soon.

Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    I will piggy back on this and say I agree 100%. I honestly think we could have a verbal soon.
    oh my....I'm lapping up this love

Agreed 1000% with you and BobZag. I also believe that Strawther will commit as well shortly after Ballo and Suggs commit.

Quote Originally Posted by basketballzag View Post
    Agreed 1000% with you and BobZag. I also believe that Strawther will commit as well shortly after Ballo and Suggs commit.
    It's a great time to be a Zag and these recruits know it.

Please tell me more!

Quote Originally Posted by harryzag View Post
    Please tell me more!
    Let's say that the biggest concern prior to the visit is if he wanted to play football or not. After/during the visit some of those concerns were addressed...

Quote Originally Posted by bdmiller7 View Post
    If he's in the 19 class he will be really young. I don't think he turns 17 until July. My guess is he has a lot of work to do to fit into Few's precision offense. I'd be amazed if he starts day one. I would guess closer to Rui's progression. He will be behind in terms of his basketball IQ coming from Mali, but man is he big and strong for a 16 year old. My guess is he's a beast year 2.
    He's way more advanced than Rui was at that age and he's been playing in Spain for years training with one of the junior Spanish clubs.

Early in the process I was hearing Pavel is more of a project and may redshirt, but since coming state side he has impressed a lot. BTW the Montverde team he is on is not a JV team, it is more of an elite basketball training program. He will be fully ready to step in and play next year. Next year we will have an embarrassment of riches if Ballo signs, which I am very confident he will.
    My point is, Pet, Pavel and Ballo are all high level recruits that all play the same position and there's not enough minutes for all three to make them happy; surely one will have to red shirt as none of the 3 can play pf.

That would be phenomenal. Our 2nd Mickey Dee's straight outta high school. And if he does commit, gotta think we're in great shape for his teammate that we're looking at.

Let's say that the biggest concern prior to the visit is if he wanted to play football or not. After/during the visit some of those concerns were addressed...
    It was play football or play basketball not play both correct? there's only one Charlie Ward )

My point is, Pet, Pavel and Ballo are all high level recruits that all play the same position and there's not enough minutes for all three to make them happy; surely one will have to red shirt as none of the 3 can play pf.
    I do not disagree with you on the minutes at all. Pet was a top 90 recruit, Pavel top 40, Ballo top 25...

Quote Originally Posted by Zagceo View Post
    It was play football or play basketball not play both correct? there's only one Charlie Ward )
    There are a few schools that have floated the idea of playing both to him, honestly I don't know if that is really an option for him, but when Ohio St. comes calling for you to play QB you have to think twice. Heck ask Kyler Murray about he draw to football.

Quote Originally Posted by Zagceo View Post
    or Kyler Murray

There are a few schools that have floated the idea of playing both to him, honestly I don't know if that is really an option for him, but when Ohio St. comes calling for you to play QB you have to think twice. Heck ask Kyler Murray about he draw to football.
    That's why I really hope that Ballo will space it out and be a 2020, or Pavel redshirts.

That's why I really hope that Ballo will space it out and be a 2020, or Pavel redshirts.
    It's still early, but I do not think that is going to happen unless Ballo cannot get eligible for 2019, which could happen.

Totally agree - although with Justin Fields there, he won't sniff the field for 2 or 3 years.

or Kyler Murray
    baseball not basketball....much easier since seasons don't overlap

totally get the draw of big time football..but the season overlap means a kid might not be available for basketball until mid January if playing in championship game. Who knows Suggs could be Charlie Ward good.

Ward played 10+ in NBA and won Heisman ...FYI Ward was also drafted by MLB as pitcher and played high level tennis as youth one of the best all around athletes ever imo