Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chance for Zags to get a #1.....recruiting class, that is!

Default Chance for Zags to get a #1.....recruiting class, that is!

Eric Bossi at Rivals seems to think the Zags have a good chance at landing the #1 recruiting class in 2019:

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals....ean-s-comments

NOTE: Not sure if this really belonged in the Whelping Box since its not about any single recruit, but the class in general but please move if needed....this section of the forums gets more eyeballs anyway

Wow.

The recruiting isn't complete until they can land a guy from Lone Peak High School.
    I miss Mike Hart

“Just how good can it get for Mark Few and Gonzaga? Well, there’s a chance that the Zags could improve upon their current ranking of No. 6 overall in the 2019 team rankings. As a matter of fact, there’s a legitimate chance that they could finish with the top overall class.

Now, who other programs land could change the final rankings but the Zags chances at the top spot are tied directly into International big man Oumar Ballo, who is visiting next week. The 6-foot-10 big man from Mali is a monster post prospect who rebounds, runs the floor and is physically imposing. He’s also considering Arizona and Baylor, but word on the street has the Zags leading for his services and if he picks them, they would immediately jump into the stop spot.

Whether or not Ballo picks Gonzaga, there’s no doubting that their recruiting has now matched the level of their on the floor success and they should be considered a top 10 program nationally and anybody using conference affiliation to knock them is just refusing to be reasonable.

It should be noted that the Zags hosted another five-star over the weekend. Class of 2020’s No. 2 ranked point guard Jalen Suggs was on campus and he’s been a major target. They’ve also got four-star junior combo guard Dominick Harris onboard, so it’s looking like the recruiting success isn’t going away anytime soon.”
    Last edited by jazzdelmar; 02-11-2019 at 01:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Just how good can it get for Mark Few and Gonzaga? Well, there’s a chance that the Zags could improve upon their current ranking of No. 6 overall in the 2019 team rankings. As a matter of fact, there’s a legitimate chance that they could finish with the top overall class.

Now, who other programs land could change the final rankings but the Zags chances at the top spot are tied directly into International big man Oumar Ballo, who is visiting next week. The 6-foot-10 big man from Mali is a monster post prospect who rebounds, runs the floor and is physically imposing. He’s also considering Arizona and Baylor, but word on the street has the Zags leading for his services and if he picks them, they would immediately jump into the stop spot.

Whether or not Ballo picks Gonzaga, there’s no doubting that their recruiting has now matched the level of their on the floor success and they should be considered a top 10 program nationally and anybody using conference affiliation to knock them is just refusing to be reasonable.

It should be noted that the Zags hosted another five-star over the weekend. Class of 2020’s No. 2 ranked point guard Jalen Suggs was on campus and he’s been a major target. They’ve also got four-star junior combo guard Dominick Harris onboard, so it’s looking like the recruiting success isn’t going away anytime soon.
    Recommend you put quote tags around that, jazz. Looks like your words, as opposed to the author's.

Except we all know jazz doesn't sound like that!

No references to Baby Shaq!

Quote Originally Posted by MickMick View Post
    Wow.

The recruiting isn't complete until they can land a guy from Lone Peak High School.
    With 'ya Mick. Surprised the Zags have been able to keep their heads above water.
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

Quote Originally Posted by MickMick View Post
    Wow.

haha - good one

That’s funny guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by scrooner View Post
    Except we all know jazz doesn't sound like that!

Coach Few is the new Lute Olson. Recruits want to play for him, 'nuff said.
    WE ZIGGED, WE ZAGGED, WE CONQUERED !!

Default Oumar Ballo

We are hosting a kid who grew up his entire life in tropical weather in February? A cold, snowy, polar vortex type February.

Meanwhile, he visits Arizona and Baylor later this Spring, in Phoenix and Waco that is.

Hmmm....

I don’t think the weather stopped some elite guys playing for UConn. Coach Few is now recruiting guys who have no memory of the Zags not in the NCAA tournament. They also saw them almost beat UNC in the championship game. This is now the time for Mark Few to win some titles!

Quote Originally Posted by raise the zag View Post
    We are hosting a kid who grew up his entire life in tropical weather in February? A cold, snowy, polar vortex type February.

Meanwhile, he visits Arizona and Baylor later this Spring, in Phoenix and Waco that is.

Hmmm....
    He's not going to Arizona. He's a lock for Gonzaga.

Pavel Zakharov working on his "zag hair" and looking good for Montverde this season.

Has LONG arms (& short shorts). He will fit in great.

Add some muscle and he will be a beast someday! Currently 6'11", 230lbs.

Video: https://twitter.com/WhosNextHS/statu...76309880344578
    Last edited by raise the zag; 02-12-2019 at 07:21 AM.

How many stars is Oumar?

I found it: "Once Ballo makes his college choice, he'll be elevated to a five-star prospect. 247Sports doesn't include international prospects in our rankings until they make the final decision that they'll be playing college basketball."

How many stars is Oumar?

I found it: "Once Ballo makes his college choice, he'll be elevated to a five-star prospect. 247Sports doesn't include international prospects in our rankings until they make the final decision that they'll be playing college basketball."
    He reminds me of Azuibuke from Kansas. Not quite as explosive or strong, yet has the potential.

Ballo has a ridiculous 7'5" wingspan and good instincts, esp defensively, yet his skill fundamentals have a long way to go. He has limited moves, and relies solely on his power/strength/size to score. A tad bit slow footed, yet upside is terrific. Great big bodied build, long arms, soft touch, loves to dunk, and has good quickness on defense.

Spy...err...some will say he is 'one and done', yet not even close. Has a long way to go to be consistently productive at the college level. Not to say he won't be an instant impact or weapon, as his size/body/strength is reason to see the court.

However, he has never really faced anyone within 30lbs or 4 inches of him. He did great in FIBA U18 tourney, yet they were mostly vs teams with limited size.

I like him as a prospect, not afraid to throw his body around, and his upside huge -- literally and figuratively.

He is raw though. Even the games he scored 30 and rebounded 30 he scored on dunks and just throwing people off him. One dimensional by today's standards, and lacking quickness, a bit slow.

I could see a RS year needed, but once he has a year to acclimate and expand his skills, watch out. He will be a force. Maybe never a high scoring force, but 10 ppg, 12 rpg, 3 bpg is realistic for him. Much like Azuibuke for Kansas, even when he isn't scoring, he is helping clear the lane for someone else, or clean up a shot attempt, etc.

I just found this, what a great write-up. All aboard the hype train.
    http://www.spokesman.com/stories/201...-visit-to-cam/

I am not sure how to post this sorry, if it doesn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by dan71w View Post
    I just found this, what a great write-up. All aboard the hype train.
    http://www.spokesman.com/stories/201...-visit-to-cam/

I am not sure how to post this sorry, if it doesn't work.
    “It was just good to see and the atmosphere here is insane, there is nothing like it that I have been to so far,” Strawther said.
    Considering Julian has already visited Marquette, Florida, & Florida St already, this is quite the compliment. He still has yet to visit Washington in March.

He reminds me of Azuibuke from Kansas. Not quite as explosive or strong, yet has the potential.

Ballo has a ridiculous 7'5" wingspan and good instincts, esp defensively, yet his skill fundamentals have a long way to go. He has limited moves, and relies solely on his power/strength/size to score. A tad bit slow footed, yet upside is terrific. Great big bodied build, long arms, soft touch, loves to dunk, and has good quickness on defense.

Spy...err...some will say he is 'one and done', yet not even close. Has a long way to go to be consistently productive at the college level. Not to say he won't be an instant impact or weapon, as his size/body/strength is reason to see the court.

However, he has never really faced anyone within 30lbs or 4 inches of him. He did great in FIBA U18 tourney, yet they were mostly vs teams with limited size.

I like him as a prospect, not afraid to throw his body around, and his upside huge -- literally and figuratively.

He is raw though. Even the games he scored 30 and rebounded 30 he scored on dunks and just throwing people off him. One dimensional by today's standards, and lacking quickness, a bit slow.

I could see a RS year needed, but once he has a year to acclimate and expand his skills, watch out. He will be a force. Maybe never a high scoring force, but 10 ppg, 12 rpg, 3 bpg is realistic for him. Much like Azuibuke for Kansas, even when he isn't scoring, he is helping clear the lane for someone else, or clean up a shot attempt, etc.
    Quick question; how many 5*'s redshirt? Ideally, I'd like him to be a 2020, but I think he's hellbent on being a 2019

Why isn't this thread in the whelping box, btw?

Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    Why isn't this thread in the whelping box, btw?
    I am sorry what is the whelping box?

never mind I found it.

never mind I found it.
    Exactly why I posted this here

never mind I found it.
    It's our dedicated recruiting forum and there are tons of posts and information on it.

http://guboards.spokesmanreview.com/...e-Whelping-Box

Pavel Zakharov working on his "zag hair" and looking good for Montverde this season.

Has LONG arms (& short shorts). He will fit in great.

Add some muscle and he will be a beast someday! Currently 6'11", 230lbs.

Video: https://twitter.com/WhosNextHS/statu...76309880344578
    He totally has the Kevin McHale look going with those shorts.
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

“Just how good can it get for Mark Few and Gonzaga? Well, there’s a chance that the Zags could improve upon their current ranking of No. 6 overall in the 2019 team rankings. As a matter of fact, there’s a legitimate chance that they could finish with the top overall class.

It should be noted that the Zags hosted another five-star over the weekend. Class of 2020’s No. 2 ranked point guard Jalen Suggs was on campus and he’s been a major target. They’ve also got four-star junior combo guard Dominick Harris onboard, so it’s looking like the recruiting success isn’t going away anytime soon.”
    Ballo will be ballin for the Zags you can write that in ink. The Kennel Club better put on their "A" game for the Pepperdine game when he shows up so he signs on the dotted line during the game. After we sign him we officially become a Kentucky/Duke type program and immediately put ourselves into the National Championshp hunt once again. He reminds me of Shaq in every aspect of his game. I don't know if he has Shaq's dedication to the classroom though--if he has that academic Shaqtastic trait then we will have one special player.