Chance for Zags to get a #1.....recruiting class, that is!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BobZag
    Dark Lord of the Zag
    • Jan 2007

Originally posted by caldwellzag View Post
    I will piggy back on this and say I agree 100%. I honestly think we could have a verbal soon.
    Don't know about "soon." But when he commits, it'll be to Gonzaga.
    The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Comment

• OZZY
      Zag for Life
      • Aug 2009

A little out there, but the name sir Donald Bradman might not be familiar to many of you, but in some countries he is revered as the greatest sportsman of all time.

In Wikipedia his exploits on the cricket pitch when compared to other famous athletes;

Athlete Sport Statistic Standard deviations

Bradman Cricket Batting average 4.4
      Pelé Soccer Goals per game 3.7
      Ty Cobb Baseball Batting average 3.6
      Jack Nicklaus Golf Major titles 3.5
      Michael Jordan Basketball Points per game 3.4

The statistics show that "no other athlete dominated an international sport to the extent that Bradman does cricket". In order to post a similarly dominant career statistic as Bradman, a baseball batter would need a career batting average of .392, while a basketball player would need to score an average of 43.0 points per game. The respective records are .366 and 30.1.

Sir Donald was a state-level tennis player, one of the country's best squash players, could make a break of 100 at snooker, played golf off scratch and was a competent concert pianist.

Cricket may not be big in the USA, but keep in mind that Cricket is played in countries that have a total population base of over 2 Billion people.....
      Last edited by OZZY; 02-13-2019, 06:26 PM.

Comment

• Hooray4Daye&Gray
        Kennel Club Alum
        • Oct 2008

I will piggy back on this and say I agree 100%. I honestly think we could have a verbal soon.
        Posts like this are the reason I refresh The Welping Box at least 10 times a day.

So many exciting things on the horizon for our Zags. Let's not forget to savor every moment of this season, of course, but it's becoming more and more apparent that it's not a matter of "if" the Zags will ever hang a National Championship banner, it's a matter of when. We will.

The first time we ever win it all will always be the best memory. When it happens, let's enjoy it and feel complete triumph, not feel relieved of anxiety.

Having guys like Oumar Ballo in town for our games should allow our coaches to be fearless. This isn't some one year window to win it all. Mark Few, Tommy Lloyd, Donny Daniels and Brian Michaelson are literally hand picking future Zags from around the WORLD.

I can see why it would be such an honor to get an offer.

This recruiting run is insane. I hope it's the start of a crazy 20 year run just like these last 20 years have been.

Every day it's looking more and more possible for us to just start ripping off championships. The Minnesotans know "anything's possible" more than anyone, and I have a feeling Geno and Jalen both have a lot of KG in them.

Anyway, this forum is incredible. Caldwell, I don't know how you know this stuff, but if most of these guys commit to us you are a legend. Who knew that all it took to get back to the insider info glory days was a recruiting forum separate from the "Men's Basketball" forum?

Lastly, there is definitely something fishy about the mysterious case of spy's deleted thread.

Comment

• Hooray4Daye&Gray
          Kennel Club Alum
          • Oct 2008

Originally posted by OZZY View Post
          A little out there, but the name sir Donald Bradman might not be familiar to many of you, but in some countries he is revered as the greatest sportsman of all time.

In Wikipedia his exploits on the cricket pitch when compared to other famous athletes;

The statistics show that "no other athlete dominated an international sport to the extent that Bradman does cricket". In order to post a similarly dominant career statistic as Bradman, a baseball batter would need a career batting average of .392, while a basketball player would need to score an average of 43.0 points per game. The respective records are .366 and 30.1.

Sir Donald was a state-level tennis player, one of the country's best squash players, could make a break of 100 at snooker, played golf off scratch and was a competent concert pianist.
          Posts like this, I could do without.

Comment

• Zagceo
            Zag for Life
            • Nov 2013

Cricket may not be well big in the USA, but keep in mind that Cricket is played in countries that have a total population base of over 2 Billion people.....
            I found it interesting. Thanks

Comment

• White lightning
              Zag for Life
              • Dec 2017

Cricket may not be well big in the USA, but keep in mind that Cricket is played in countries that have a total population base of over 2 Billion people.....
              And this has anything to do with ????????

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

• zagsfanforlife
                Zag for Life
                • Jun 2007

Originally posted by Hooray4Daye&Gray View Post
                Posts like this are the reason I refresh The Welping Box at least 10 times a day.

So many exciting things on the horizon for our Zags. Let's not forget to savor every moment of this season, of course, but it's becoming more and more apparent that it's not a matter of "if" the Zags will ever hang a National Championship banner, it's a matter of when. We will.

The first time we ever win it all will always be the best memory. When it happens, let's enjoy it and feel complete triumph, not feel relieved of anxiety.

Having guys like Oumar Ballo in town for our games should allow our coaches to be fearless. This isn't some one year window to win it all. Mark Few, Tommy Lloyd, Donny Daniels and Brian Michaelson are literally hand picking future Zags from around the WORLD.

This recruiting run is insane. I hope it's the start of a crazy 20 year run just like these last 20 years have been.

Every day it's looking more and more possible for us to just start ripping off championships. The Minnesotans know "anything's possible" more than anyone, and I have a feeling Geno and Jalen both have a lot of KG in them.

Anyway, this forum is incredible. Caldwell, I don't know how you know this stuff, but if most of these guys commit to us you are a legend. Who knew that all it took to get back to the insider info glory days was a recruiting forum separate from the "Men's Basketball" forum?

Lastly, there is definitely something fishy about the mysterious case of spy's deleted thread.
                Two of my greatest hopes in life:
                1) That my parents both are alive to see me get married and start a family
                2) that My dad is alive for when the Zags win their first championship. I can't imagine a more happier moment than that moment for us. He is my best friend, we were both in phoenix when they lost and all i could think of after the game was that me and my dad may never get that chance again to see them win a championship. I really really really hope that we both get to see a national title in this lifetime.

Comment

• OZZY
                  Zag for Life
                  • Aug 2009

Originally posted by White lightning View Post
                  And this has anything to do with ????????

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
                  Obviously you haven't read the thread from the beginning, there was some discussion earlier about talented athletes playing multiple sports.

North American-centric sports fans might not realise that there are other sports and amazing sportsmen out there they may not heard of.

Some people are able to broaden there knowledge base and appreciate a view from outside the norm (hence my first sentence) , some prefer not to......

Comment

• Grand Valley Zag
                    Kennel Club
                    • Nov 2017

Obviously you haven't read the thread from the beginning, there was some discussion earlier about talented athletes playing multiple sports.

North American-centric sports fans might not realise that there are other sports and amazing sportsmen out there they may not heard of.

Some people are able to broaden there knowledge base and appreciate a view from outside the norm (hence my first sentence) , some prefer not to......
                    I thought it was interesting. Thanks for sharing it.

Comment

• bartruff1
                      Zag for Life
                      • Jan 2010

I want my 15 seconds back....

Comment

• caldwellzag
                        Zag for Life
                        • Jan 2018

Originally posted by Hooray4Daye&Gray View Post

Thanks, but I will say that the information I get is thanks to relationships that I have made. I can say that we are in the glory days of GU basketball and I can't wait for that first Title. Some of the names that I have heard I can't even believe they would be interested in GU, as they are ACC type players. The weeks and months to come I hope to be able to share those with you, as I do have to get permission on stuff before I post.

As for spy's deleted thread, first it was a mistake on my end not to just lock it, I wasn't paying full attention. Second, I can promise there was nothing fishy, there was no mystery recruit, I have verified that with multiple sources.

And I did piggy back off Bob and say soon on Jalen, soon meaning before the end of the summer. I do not him verbally committing until after the high school season and probably part of AAU. I do think that if Jalen lands at GU, which I am very confident to say will happen, then Julian will follow suit. 2020 recruiting class might be the best class of guards every put together!

Comment

• Hooray4Daye&Gray
                          Kennel Club Alum
                          • Oct 2008

Thanks, but I will say that the information I get is thanks to relationships that I have made. I can say that we are in the glory days of GU basketball and I can't wait for that first Title. Some of the names that I have heard I can't even believe they would be interested in GU, as they are ACC type players. The weeks and months to come I hope to be able to share those with you, as I do have to get permission on stuff before I post.

As for spy's deleted thread, first it was a mistake on my end not to just lock it, I wasn't paying full attention. Second, I can promise there was nothing fishy, there was no mystery recruit, I have verified that with multiple sources.

And I did piggy back off Bob and say soon on Jalen, soon meaning before the end of the summer. I do not him verbally committing until after the high school season and probably part of AAU. I do think that if Jalen lands at GU, which I am very confident to say will happen, then Julian will follow suit. 2020 recruiting class might be the best class of guards every put together!
                          Haha, I better come clean that I was just attempting some bizarre humor by saying it was definitely fishy. I got some hearty laughs out of that whole conspiracy - just another thing that has made reading this forum so enjoyable.

The only thing that is truly "bizarre" is imagining a recruit logging in to read some thoughts from fans about them after visiting, only to see everyone talking about a mystery 45 year old recruit.

Comment

• maynard g krebs
                            Zag for Life
                            • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Zagceo View Post
                            It was play football or play basketball not play both correct? there's only one Charlie Ward )
                            Nate Robinson was a starting cornerback as a true frosh at UW; joined the bb team after fb was over and contributed immediately and never played fb again, though he once said he'd like to do both in the pros.

Comment

• EEzag
                              Kennel Club Alum
                              • Aug 2007

Originally posted by maynard g krebs View Post
                              Nate Robinson was a starting cornerback as a true frosh at UW; joined the bb team after fb was over and contributed immediately and never played fb again, though he once said he'd like to do both in the pros.
                              One of the greatest pure atheletes I've had the pleasure of watching.

Comment

Working...
                              X