Thread: Other Games - Monday - 2. 11. 19

Default Other Games - Monday - 2. 11. 19

#3 Virginia @ # 8 North Carolina 4:00pm ESPN
    #13 Kansas @ TCU 6:00pm ESPN

Going to be a slow night on the hardwood. . .have a less than manic Monday.

Basketball Web Sites Listing

"The most interesting place exists between how people see themselves and how other people do." -- Wright Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    #13 Kansas @ TCU 6:00pm ESPN

Going to be a slow night on the hardwood. . .have a less than manic Monday.
    I was curious as to why it seems as if ACC teams play every day of the week yet surely that can’t be the case. I looked up ACC schedule on espn.com and sure enough they have teams playing (and on ESPN) every day of the week except Thursdays and Fridays.

I know tv exposure and $ drives this kind of scheduling but how in the world do these institutions talk about their “student athletes” w a straight face when they allow conferences to set these kinds of schedules. Their players must be missing a heck of a lot of class time w games midweek.
    It is their time....their team...I just get to watch. - Bartruff1

Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    Huge game with implications -- a Tar Heels win is good for the Zags (would make the Quad 1 loss even better). And every Virginia loss moves them farther and farther from the #1 seed.

Quote Originally Posted by SorenTodd45 View Post
    Huge game with implications -- a Tar Heels win is good for the Zags (would make the Quad 1 loss even better). And every Virginia loss moves them farther and farther from the #1 seed.
    +1

Although, I'm wondering at what point does UNC start to enter the 1 seed conversation?

Quote Originally Posted by former1dog View Post
    +1

Although, I'm wondering at what point does UNC start to enter the 1 seed conversation?
    after they beat virginia and beat duke
    Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

UVA looking increasingly not like a top seed.

Welp, so much for that.
    I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

Tony Bennett is Jay Wright without the arrogance. Great coach.

No way we make UNC look that good if it wasn't finals week. They looked pretty bad tonight, especially towards the end of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by GonzagasaurusFlex View Post
    I know tv exposure and $ drives this kind of scheduling but how in the world do these institutions talk about their “student athletes” w a straight face when they allow conferences to set these kinds of schedules. Their players must be missing a heck of a lot of class time w games midweek.
    People graduate college all the time while holding down full time jobs...can we stop with the eluding to "GU cares more about student-athletes"

These guys get infinite more resources to finish school than 99% of a student population
    I am working on being a more all around square.

We gave up 40 more points to UNC.

That Virginia defense is surreal.

Michigan defense is impressive, watched it in person this year, yet it's more individual talent playing hard nosed, in your grill, frustration defense.

Virginia on another level, they read your mind as a team. Like am amoeba swarming, collapsing, denying any offensive life form they find. So impressive.

Not to mention they often do it with much less atheltic personel from top to bottom. They always have a couple good players/recruits, combined with some size, etc yet just incredibly well coached, totally bought in, fundamentally sound.

Amazing to watch. Some say boring, even announcers or analysts, but I always find them so impressive.

They struggled with Duke and that's it, simply due to being overwhelmed by their aggressive athleticism.

I've always wanted to play Virgina. Interesting and contrasting styles, the Top D vs the Top O. Intriguing but they make me nervous.

UNC could have won that game yet like most of Virginia opponents they lost their composure, began to rush/force shots, and allow frustration to set in as the score remained lower than they are comfortable with.

Quote Originally Posted by Zagsker View Post
    People graduate college all the time while holding down full time jobs...can we stop with the eluding to "GU cares more about student-athletes"

These guys get infinite more resources to finish school than 99% of a student population
    If you were gonna assign some bigger meaning to my post, the more logical misrepresentation of it would be "every conference in D1 hoops cares more about its student athletes than the ACC." If theres another conference w games being played 5 days out of the week you could add them too

Youre right about fully employed people graduating from college; they do so by scheduling classes around their work schedule or taking numerous online courses. Perhaps all these ACC schools have robust online degree programs.
    It is their time....their team...I just get to watch. - Bartruff1

It's Tuesday, but Number 5 Kentucky goes down at home to LSU.

Quote Originally Posted by rawkmandale View Post
    Hoping Vols repeat this.
    The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Quote Originally Posted by rawkmandale View Post
    Now we can stop hearing about them possibly taking our 1 seed for the next few days....

There is an other games thread for today now.