Thread: Post game media

Default Post game media

Epic line from ESPN's recap. I can't tell if it's sarcastic.

Clarke scored 12 points early in the second half as Gonzaga pushed the lead beyond 40 points at 74-33.
    The Gaels did not threaten after that.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...meId=401083644

godisagael.com has broken out into a dumpster fire.

NBC Sports (Rob Dauster) had this in their end of day column tonight:

FINAL THOUGHT

I know that the big talking point with Gonzaga right now is that Killian Tillie is out and that they cannot win the title now.

I think that’s stupid.

Gonzaga did not have Tillie when they beat Duke in Maui. They have cruised through a better-than-it-looks WCC with Tillie playing very limited minutes to date. They did not have Tillie when they beat Saint Mary’s, the second-best team in the league, by 48 freakin’ points on Saturday night.

Depth matters when it comes to injuries, foul trouble and getting 5-on-5 reps in practice. Depth does not matter all that much come March, especially when the position that Tillie plays is currently occupied by two of the ten best big men college basketball has to offer in Rui Hachimura and Brandon Clarke.

Hell, I would go as far as to say that Gonzaga’s depth is on full display because they are still very much in the national title hunt despite the fact that Tillie — who is very, very good — has basically had a lost season.
    “When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes.”

~ Desiderius Erasmus

Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    godisagael.com has broken out into a dumpster fire.
    If I were SMC I'd pray for rain.

We wondered about Tillie. We look at the bench and the huddle often and never saw Tillie. At one point we saw who we thought might be Tillie in a gray hooded sweatshirt just behind the bench but Meehan's tweet noted in this thread cleared up that mystery!

Quote Originally Posted by LTownZag View Post
    Ha ha ha. First time I've ever liked Kerry Keating.

Nice article by John Blanchette tonight about Tillie. Lot's of other stuff on the Spokesman website too... audio and photos, etc.

John Blanchette: Killian Tillie’s latest injury setback adds fuel to Gonzaga’s already red-hot fire
    “When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes.”

~ Desiderius Erasmus

From The Slipper Still Fits

https://www.slipperstillfits.com/201...er-saint-marys

Vote for your favorite play from the game.

Quote Originally Posted by 23dpg View Post
    From The Slipper Still Fits

https://www.slipperstillfits.com/201...er-saint-marys

Vote for your favorite play from the game.
    watch the last clip .."Rui says what's up"...jones is trailing does a little giddy up move kinda funny

also Dunk by Clarke...you see him wipe his lip for blood after play...the foul was a blow to the face
    Last edited by Zagceo; 02-10-2019 at 09:56 AM.

from the SSF

1. There are a lot of things to be delighted from out of this game, but Gonzaga’s ability to keep its edge and continue to press down on Saint Mary’s neck in the second half was the most impressive takeaway. The hunger to dominate never waned and the hallmark of elite killer instinct.
    usually I'm just plan bored with WCC play....but these athletes flying around making highlight after highlight so much fun.

Woodshed Workout WW

Quote Originally Posted by Zaglaw View Post
    Keating was on his twitter game last night. If he could coach like he tweets he'd still be leading the Bronco's.
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world.
    Those who understand binary and those who do not.
    "Only a madman or an economist thinks exponential growth can go on forever in a finite world."

Func FOO

E .· ` ' / ·. F
    The FOO fuels me.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaglaw View Post
    He has a good sense of humor and I have found him to be very likable status post being a coach

from ESPN

The Blue Devils have wins over Kentucky, Texas Tech, Florida State, Auburn and Virginia (twice). Gonzaga is the only team that has defeated Duke at full strength.
    http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...te-short-title

I'm sure they are writing up the article that no has beaten GU at full strength this year right

Killian Tillie is battling a nasty flu bug, so thank God he stayed home Saturday night. The Zags have a HUGE week ahead. ESPN just made the GU at USD game on Saturday night at 7pm PT ESPN game. Not the deuce. Not the U. ESPN. I think the four letter network caught wind of how well USD performed at the Kennel and how they have been hampered by injuries all year and are just getting their pieces back.

And before we have people suggesting, "Get a flu shot," probably 50% of the people I work with do not get flu shots for one of the following reasons:

1) They get flu symptoms instantly when they get a shot.
    2) They are allergic to eggs or a number of things that you have to sign off for before you get a flu shot.
    3) They get sick with non-flu like symptoms
    4) You can still get the flu despite the flu shot. I have at least 3x. You pick up a different strain. But because of the commonalities of different strains, getting the flu shot makes your symptoms not as bad.
    5) Athletes can sometimes have compromised immune systems after athletic competition, and are prone to picking up critters after game competition. I have heard that many marathon runners do all they can to avoid contact with people after a race. Don't hold me to this.....I am not a doctor.

Heck, they make such a big deal about Killian Tillie, but GU hasn't lost a game without Geno Crandall.

Quote Originally Posted by CDC84 View Post
    Heck, they make such a big deal about Killian Tillie, but GU hasn't lost a game without Geno Crandall.
    He’s as important to this team as anyone outside of Rui, Clarke, and Perkins. His energy off the bench is palpable.

Quote Originally Posted by Malastein View Post
    He’s as important to this team as anyone outside of Rui, Clarke, and Perkins. His energy off the bench is palpable.
    Few mentioned last night on the Mark Few Show that Geno keeps getting to know the Zags' manner of play better and better - making him more effective game by game. I'm not sure I recall another GU Men's Basketball team that has improved in a season as much as these Zags are improving - individually* and as a team. *Excepting Killian's season hampering injuries. I do hope Tillie comes back during the Dance - if not a bit sooner. I can imagine the dismay a Zag foe might have if they look at the Zags bench and see Killian suited up. When there's little drop off in play with Jones, Petrusev and Crandall on the floor tossing Killian in the mix gives the Zags 9 starters (IMHO). The synergy the 8 put on Saturday night against SMC was game long.

This is the $#!+ that Gonzaga and the West has to overcome. I saw this in this AM's local rag and wondered how can this pass.

https://www.usnews.com/news/sports/a...-beat-virginia

TOP 25 REWIND:

In an article with that title you'd expect at least a mention of GU's beat down of SMC. If GU had lost that game I'm sure it would have been mentioned. Beard is based in the SE and covers the ACC and SEC mostly so his bias is understandable yet he mentions Michigan's win over Wisconsin. Article was apparently posted 15 hrs ago so no excuse for late night game. Omission is a large part of GU's image problem with the rest of the country.
    Birddog

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.

Quote Originally Posted by Birddog View Post
    This is the $#!+ that Gonzaga and the West has to overcome. I saw this in this AM's local rag and wondered how can this pass.

TOP 25 REWIND:

In an article with that title you'd expect at least a mention of GU's beat down of SMC. If GU had lost that game I'm sure it would have been mentioned. Beard is based in the SE and covers the ACC and SEC mostly so his bias is understandable yet he mentions Michigan's win over Wisconsin. Article was apparently posted 15 hrs ago so no excuse for late night game. Omission is a large part of GU's image problem with the rest of the country.
    Bulletin board material! Hey, What About Us?! I’ll take all of this stuff we can get. Motivates, especially when we’re playing as well as we are and getting high praise from most quarters. Need the doubters!

Quote Originally Posted by Birddog View Post

TOP 25 REWIND:

I'm not taking it personally. All those games had big names on both sides of the scoreboard. As much as we enjoy a good SMC-whooping, the rest of the country doesn't really know who SMC is. In effect, it's just another Gonzaga beat-down of a WCC team.

I consider myself a die-hard Zag. Still, when I woke up Saturday morning and scrolled through the DI schedule, I was more curious about the Wisconsin and Duke games.

Quote Originally Posted by CDC84 View Post
    He was REALLY good Saturday night. Looked as comfortable as I've seen him in a Zag uni.
    But we don't play nobody.