Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Any twitterers hear anything from our stud recruits yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Fonebone View Post
    50 I think I saw pretty much what you saw, but took it differently. Suggs looked like a really outgoing kid, smiled a lot etc. I agree on that.

Stawther was much less animated, but like others said, I take that to be personality. I saw 5-10 times he had a big smile, saw him nodding his head several time after one of our bigs did well. I have seen some recruits that literally dont seem to react at all, and are on their phone constantly. He seemed a lot less of that than some. But its all mind reading - an introvert might look disinterested and be bursting at the seams inside, its so hard to tell.
    Thanks Fone. Must have just been timing. Was more wrapped up with the dismantling on the court apparently.
    This ain't rocket surgery!

Quote Originally Posted by Fonebone View Post
    50 I think I saw pretty much what you saw, but took it differently. Suggs looked like a really outgoing kid, smiled a lot etc. I agree on that.

Stawther was much less animated, but like others said, I take that to be personality. I saw 5-10 times he had a big smile, saw him nodding his head several time after one of our bigs did well. I have seen some recruits that literally dont seem to react at all, and are on their phone constantly. He seemed a lot less of that than some. But its all mind reading - an introvert might look disinterested and be bursting at the seams inside, its so hard to tell.
    Ok, so there was another big young man sitting 2 seats from Suggs. Anyone know who that was?

Quote Originally Posted by Zaglaw View Post
    Ok, so there was another big young man sitting 2 seats from Suggs. Anyone know who that was?
    Really? Wasn't Oumar Ballo, was it? Real tall African kid. He's supposed to be in next week

Quote Originally Posted by Zagceo View Post
    thanks...so Suggs is just out of his seat during this pic

What do you mean by "just out of his seat"? The only recruit I see is the kid with the white sweatshirt and I'm pretty sure that's Julian Strawther.

https://247sports.com/Player/Julian-Strawther-46035981/

Zaglaw, were either of these kids the one that you're talking about:

https://247sports.com/Player/Jalen-Suggs-45572569/

https://247sports.com/Player/Julian-Strawther-46035981/

If not that means that there was a mystery recruit at the game and we have to start a thread about him to figure out who it was.

Looks like Strawther in the white sweatshirt with the phone. Probably his dad sitting to his left? There is an empty seat next to him with an orange jacket still in the seat, so obviously someone got up and just isn't in the picture

Quote Originally Posted by IowaSERE View Post
    Looks like Strawther in the white sweatshirt with the phone. Probably his dad sitting to his left? There is an empty seat next to him with an orange jacket still in the seat, so obviously someone got up and just isn't in the picture
    Good observation, maybe that was Suggs and he just have to go to the bathroom or get a snack. So who is the "mystery recruit"that another poster was referring to?

Suggs was sitting several seats toward the Zag bench from where Strawther was sitting. Suggs was by the tunnel so his seat is not visible in the above photos.

Quote Originally Posted by amaronizag View Post
    Suggs was sitting several seats toward the Zag bench from where Strawther was sitting. Suggs was by the tunnel so his seat is not visible in the above photos.
    Hmmm...so it was a mystery recruit in the vacant chair two seats over from Strawther then, huh? So lawzag, just to confirm you did see another recruit sitting in the chair that is vacant in the picture, correct?

Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    Hmmm...so it was a mystery recruit in the vacant chair two seats over from Strawther then, huh? So lawzag, just to confirm you did see another recruit sitting in the chair that is vacant in the picture, correct?
    No, I saw a young man who appeared to be a recruit sitting 2 seats from Suggs. His seat was not in the picture posted. He looked very tall.

No, I saw a young man who appeared to be a recruit sitting 2 seats from Suggs. His seat was not in the picture posted. He looked very tall.
    Ok, now I'm really confused. You're not talking about the vacant seat in the picture, with the orange coat draped over it? That's two seats over from Strawther, the kid in the white hoodie and black track pants. Someone said there was a recruit in that seat and now you're saying there was a recruit next to Suggs as well?

Suggs was 1st seat by the tunnel. To his right was a young lady (girlfriend or sister?). To her left was who I assumed was Suggs dad. Was an adult, unless these old eyes & newer trifocals are failing me big time.

The guy that was occupying the seat next to Mr. Strawther was middle-aged, round & had a shaved head, IIRC.

Quote Originally Posted by sittingon50 View Post
    Suggs was 1st seat by the tunnel. To his right was a young lady (girlfriend or sister?). To her left was who I assumed was Suggs dad. Was an adult, unless these old eyes & newer trifocals are failing me big time.

The guy that was occupying the seat next to Mr. Strawther was middle-aged, round & had a shaved head, IIRC.
    Zaglaw says it was a "young man" and you say it was his dad. ugh

Quote Originally Posted by sittingon50 View Post

You are 100% correct on who was sitting next to Mr. Strawther. No mystery recruits in the building this weekend, it was Suggs and Strawther only.

A little from both Strawther and Suggs Instagram accounts. Thought you would enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    A little from both Strawther and Suggs Instagram accounts. Thought you would enjoy.
    Bad links

I can't get the pictures from Suggs IG to load, but simply put Suggs was at the Kennel alone on Sunday night and took a short video of his time there. Also, he had on his time line a recruiting picture of him and Strawther and their official visit to the Kennel.

Zaglaw says it was a "young man" and you say it was his dad. ugh
    Well, I was at the other end and I have old eyes, so possibly older, but I really didn't think so.

If there was no mystery recruit why was the mystery recruit thread deleted?

THIS THING GOES ALL THE WAY TO THE TOP!

Because there is....no mystery recruit?

Quote Originally Posted by Bouldin4Prez View Post
    Because there is....no mystery recruit?
    So who was the third person then? And why not just lock the thread instead of completely delete it? More than one poster said they saw another recruiter sitting next to Suggs. and then when we tried to find out who it was, some speculated that it maybe Watson, the thread got deleted.

So who was the third person then? And why not just lock the thread instead of completely delete it? More than one poster said they saw another recruiter sitting next to Suggs. and then when we tried to find out who it was, some speculated that it maybe Watson, the thread got deleted.
    Who are you going to believe Caldwell or your lying eyes? I believe Caldwell that there wasn't a mysterious recruit in the stadium at that time.