Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 72

Thread: Any twitterers hear anything from our stud recruits yet?

  1. #26
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Colville, Wa.
    Posts
    13,399

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fonebone View Post
    50 I think I saw pretty much what you saw, but took it differently. Suggs looked like a really outgoing kid, smiled a lot etc. I agree on that.

    Stawther was much less animated, but like others said, I take that to be personality. I saw 5-10 times he had a big smile, saw him nodding his head several time after one of our bigs did well. I have seen some recruits that literally dont seem to react at all, and are on their phone constantly. He seemed a lot less of that than some. But its all mind reading - an introvert might look disinterested and be bursting at the seams inside, its so hard to tell.
    Thanks Fone. Must have just been timing. Was more wrapped up with the dismantling on the court apparently.
    This ain't rocket surgery!

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Spokane
    Posts
    776

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fonebone View Post
    50 I think I saw pretty much what you saw, but took it differently. Suggs looked like a really outgoing kid, smiled a lot etc. I agree on that.

    Stawther was much less animated, but like others said, I take that to be personality. I saw 5-10 times he had a big smile, saw him nodding his head several time after one of our bigs did well. I have seen some recruits that literally dont seem to react at all, and are on their phone constantly. He seemed a lot less of that than some. But its all mind reading - an introvert might look disinterested and be bursting at the seams inside, its so hard to tell.
    Ok, so there was another big young man sitting 2 seats from Suggs. Anyone know who that was?

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    10,365

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zaglaw View Post
    Ok, so there was another big young man sitting 2 seats from Suggs. Anyone know who that was?
    Really? Wasn't Oumar Ballo, was it? Real tall African kid. He's supposed to be in next week

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    10,365

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zagceo View Post
    thanks...so Suggs is just out of his seat during this pic

    What do you mean by "just out of his seat"? The only recruit I see is the kid with the white sweatshirt and I'm pretty sure that's Julian Strawther.

    https://247sports.com/Player/Julian-Strawther-46035981/

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    10,365

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    10,365

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zaglaw View Post
    Ok, so there was another big young man sitting 2 seats from Suggs. Anyone know who that was?
    Zaglaw, were either of these kids the one that you're talking about:

    https://247sports.com/Player/Jalen-Suggs-45572569/

    https://247sports.com/Player/Julian-Strawther-46035981/

    If not that means that there was a mystery recruit at the game and we have to start a thread about him to figure out who it was.

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    345

    Default

    Looks like Strawther in the white sweatshirt with the phone. Probably his dad sitting to his left? There is an empty seat next to him with an orange jacket still in the seat, so obviously someone got up and just isn't in the picture

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    10,365

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IowaSERE View Post
    Looks like Strawther in the white sweatshirt with the phone. Probably his dad sitting to his left? There is an empty seat next to him with an orange jacket still in the seat, so obviously someone got up and just isn't in the picture
    Good observation, maybe that was Suggs and he just have to go to the bathroom or get a snack. So who is the "mystery recruit"that another poster was referring to?

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    704

    Default

    Suggs was sitting several seats toward the Zag bench from where Strawther was sitting. Suggs was by the tunnel so his seat is not visible in the above photos.

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    10,365

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by amaronizag View Post
    Suggs was sitting several seats toward the Zag bench from where Strawther was sitting. Suggs was by the tunnel so his seat is not visible in the above photos.
    Hmmm...so it was a mystery recruit in the vacant chair two seats over from Strawther then, huh? So lawzag, just to confirm you did see another recruit sitting in the chair that is vacant in the picture, correct?

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Spokane
    Posts
    776

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    Hmmm...so it was a mystery recruit in the vacant chair two seats over from Strawther then, huh? So lawzag, just to confirm you did see another recruit sitting in the chair that is vacant in the picture, correct?
    No, I saw a young man who appeared to be a recruit sitting 2 seats from Suggs. His seat was not in the picture posted. He looked very tall.

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    10,365

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zaglaw View Post
    No, I saw a young man who appeared to be a recruit sitting 2 seats from Suggs. His seat was not in the picture posted. He looked very tall.
    Ok, now I'm really confused. You're not talking about the vacant seat in the picture, with the orange coat draped over it? That's two seats over from Strawther, the kid in the white hoodie and black track pants. Someone said there was a recruit in that seat and now you're saying there was a recruit next to Suggs as well?

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Colville, Wa.
    Posts
    13,399

    Default

    Suggs was 1st seat by the tunnel. To his right was a young lady (girlfriend or sister?). To her left was who I assumed was Suggs dad. Was an adult, unless these old eyes & newer trifocals are failing me big time.

    The guy that was occupying the seat next to Mr. Strawther was middle-aged, round & had a shaved head, IIRC.
    This ain't rocket surgery!

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    10,365

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sittingon50 View Post
    Suggs was 1st seat by the tunnel. To his right was a young lady (girlfriend or sister?). To her left was who I assumed was Suggs dad. Was an adult, unless these old eyes & newer trifocals are failing me big time.

    The guy that was occupying the seat next to Mr. Strawther was middle-aged, round & had a shaved head, IIRC.
    Zaglaw says it was a "young man" and you say it was his dad. ugh

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    1,117

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sittingon50 View Post
    Suggs was 1st seat by the tunnel. To his right was a young lady (girlfriend or sister?). To her left was who I assumed was Suggs dad. Was an adult, unless these old eyes & newer trifocals are failing me big time.

    The guy that was occupying the seat next to Mr. Strawther was middle-aged, round & had a shaved head, IIRC.
    You are 100% correct on who was sitting next to Mr. Strawther. No mystery recruits in the building this weekend, it was Suggs and Strawther only.

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    1,117

    Default

    A little from both Strawther and Suggs Instagram accounts. Thought you would enjoy.





  17. #42
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    10,365

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    A little from both Strawther and Suggs Instagram accounts. Thought you would enjoy.
    Bad links

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    1,117

    Default

    I can't get the pictures from Suggs IG to load, but simply put Suggs was at the Kennel alone on Sunday night and took a short video of his time there. Also, he had on his time line a recruiting picture of him and Strawther and their official visit to the Kennel.

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Spokane
    Posts
    776

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    Zaglaw says it was a "young man" and you say it was his dad. ugh
    Well, I was at the other end and I have old eyes, so possibly older, but I really didn't think so.

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    10,365

    Default

    If there was no mystery recruit why was the mystery recruit thread deleted?

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Colville, Wa.
    Posts
    13,399

    Default

    This ain't rocket surgery!

  22. #47
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    150

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    If there was no mystery recruit why was the mystery recruit thread deleted?
    THIS THING GOES ALL THE WAY TO THE TOP!

  23. #48

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    If there was no mystery recruit why was the mystery recruit thread deleted?
    Because there is....no mystery recruit?

  24. #49
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    10,365

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bouldin4Prez View Post
    Because there is....no mystery recruit?
    So who was the third person then? And why not just lock the thread instead of completely delete it? More than one poster said they saw another recruiter sitting next to Suggs. and then when we tried to find out who it was, some speculated that it maybe Watson, the thread got deleted.

  25. #50
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,180

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    So who was the third person then? And why not just lock the thread instead of completely delete it? More than one poster said they saw another recruiter sitting next to Suggs. and then when we tried to find out who it was, some speculated that it maybe Watson, the thread got deleted.
    Who are you going to believe Caldwell or your lying eyes? I believe Caldwell that there wasn't a mysterious recruit in the stadium at that time.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •