Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Any twitterers hear anything from our stud recruits yet?

Quote Originally Posted by basketballzag View Post
    Who are you going to believe Caldwell or your lying eyes? I believe Caldwell that there wasn't a mysterious recruit in the stadium at that time.
    He's right behind the grassy knoll.
    The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Quote Originally Posted by BobZag View Post
    For combo guard Jalen Suggs from Minneapolis, Minnesota, and forward Julian Strawther from Henderson, Nevada, the chants were a special feeling.

“It was mad cool, it just shows the amount of love and fan support that they have here,” Suggs said. “For them to chant mine and Julian’s name, we aren’t even on the team. It shows a lot about the culture of this place.”

“It makes you feel different, it makes you feel wanted,” Strawther said. “That is a big factor because if the fans are with me at my school, then obviously I will perform better.”

“Oh man, this was a great time,” Suggs said. “From the moment that I stepped in here just on campus I could tell the vibes were amazing. I talked to the coaching staff, I talked to a lot of the people here, I got to be with the students. I can’t wait to continue building relationships and continuing this process.

“It was just good to see and the atmosphere here is insane, there is nothing like it that I have been to so far,” Strawther said. “Just watching the guys and how they play, I mean it really fits my play style, so it was good to come out here.

“Excellent guy, he and along with the rest of the coaching staff, they are real, genuine and you can tell that they care,” Suggs said. “They are not doing it just to recruit, but they want to build a relationship, which I respect a lot.”

Strawther concurred: “He is just a great guy, really genuine and he always keeps it (real) with me and lets me know what I need to work on and that is what I am looking for … I want to be coached and I want to be great.”

“I think I fit in really well just because I can do whatever they need me to,” Suggs said. “I can play defense, I can come score, I can play off the pick-and-roll and I can get the bigs looks which is what their point guards Geno (Crandall) and Josh (Perkins) do really well.”

“Just a lot of versatility and an ability to score at all.

“He is just a team player, he is an elite guard, he gets to the bucket and he finds his teammates,” Strawther said of Harris. “He is really fun to play with, high energy and me and him get along really well.”

“The energy was actually crazy, just the fans and the players and all the fun they were having and the way they were playing and just how into the game they were,” Suggs said. “It’s a special environment here.”

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/201...-visit-to-cam/

Quote Originally Posted by basketballzag View Post
    Who are you going to believe Caldwell or your lying eyes? I believe Caldwell that there wasn't a mysterious recruit in the stadium at that time.
    "lying eyes"? Where is that anger coming from, and why? I didn't see anything, I wasn't there. Posters reported seeing another recruit sitting very close to Suggs, so I posted a thread about it to try and get to the bottom of it and then all of a sudden the thread disappeared, not locked, but poof, gone. And we're all told to not ask questions and if we do we have "lying eyes".

Quote Originally Posted by BobZag View Post
    Actually, no, we were told that he was sitting very close to Suggs. You yourself threw out the theory that it may have been Watson, but when the thread vanished in thin air, you too now feign offense. This is bizarre.

I have a good sight line to that baseline and can say that there were only 2 possible recruits in that row all night. Everybody else would either have to play for the lady Zags or has ‘ aged out’ of having any eligibility left.

2 recruits only.
    Suggs was near the Zags bench on the baseline and Strawther was near the kennel club on the baseline. No mystery recruit.
    America's Team!

Quote Originally Posted by HenneZag View Post
    2 recruits only.
    Suggs was near the Zags bench on the baseline and Strawther was near the kennel club on the baseline. No mystery recruit.
    I concur. That was all I saw.

Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    If there was no mystery recruit why was the mystery recruit thread deleted?
    Spy I deleted it because it was irrelevant and we already had threads going on this weekend of recruiting. I can promise you that there was no mystery recruit in the crowd on an official visit that we did not know about.

Julian will be announcing his top 10 today, I can tell you that this is not going to come as a surprise, but we will be in it. Really he could announce a Top 3 or 4 and we would be in it as well. Julian loves GU and his family love GU, two teams that scare me a little in the process UW and Marquette. Florida schools have interest, but not sure how interested Julian is.

Jalen has a very strong interest in GU and we are probably the leaders right now. Although football is an option GU is the school where he will land if he completely gives up on football. I am confident enough on saying expect some people in the know at 247 to start putting in Crystal Balls on him and GU shortly. Serious interest!

Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    Julian will be announcing his top 10 today, I can tell you that this is not going to come as a surprise, but we will be in it. Really he could announce a Top 3 or 4 and we would be in it as well. Julian loves GU and his family love GU, two teams that scare me a little in the process UW and Marquette. Florida schools have interest, but not sure how interested Julian is.

Jalen has a very strong interest in GU and we are probably the leaders right now. Although football is an option GU is the school where he will land if he completely gives up on football. I am confident enough on saying expect some people in the know at 247 to start putting in Crystal Balls on him and GU shortly. Serious interest!
    Great news!

Awesome. Hope we land both to go along with Harris. Suggs at the 1, Harris at the 2 and Strawther at the 3 with Timme/Ballo/Watson/Pavel mixing it up down low sounds so so so so nice.

Spy I deleted it because it was irrelevant and we already had threads going on this weekend of recruiting. I can promise you that there was no mystery recruit in the crowd on an official visit that we did not know about.
    You could've just locked it, seemed a little overzealous, but whatever. So who did lawzag see sitting near Suggs?

Quote Originally Posted by Bouldin4Prez View Post
    Awesome. Hope we land both to go along with Harris. Suggs at the 1, Harris at the 2 and Strawther at the 3 with Timme/Ballo/Watson/Pavel mixing it up down low sounds so so so so nice.
    Sounds like the #1 team in the country in 2021.

You could've just locked it, seemed a little overzealous, but whatever. So who did lawzag see sitting near Suggs?
    Good grief spy, Lawzag was mistaken. Its really clear that was the case.

There are at least 6 eyewitnesses in the know here refuting the not so clear eyewitness of Lawzag, who wasn't exactly sure what he/she saw.

I clicked the wrong button, I meant to lock it, but was not paying full attention when I did it. No clue who he saw, I have contacted everyone I know and no one else saw another potential recruit, even on an unofficial visit. I contacted the guys close to the program (who were not at the game) and they said there were only the two scheduled official visits and no one had contacted the athletic department for an unofficial as well.

Quote Originally Posted by former1dog View Post
    Good grief spy, Lawzag was mistaken. Its really clear that was the case.

There are at least 6 eyewitnesses in the know here refuting the not so clear eyewitness of Lawzag, who wasn't exactly sure what he/she saw.
    Mea culpa! I regret causing all this consternation. Can we move on?

I clicked the wrong button, I meant to lock it, but was not paying full attention when I did it. No clue who he saw, I have contacted everyone I know and no one else saw another potential recruit, even on an unofficial visit. I contacted the guys close to the program (who were not at the game) and they said there were only the two scheduled official visits and no one had contacted the athletic department for an unofficial as well.
    OK, fair enough.

JFC.
    This ain't rocket surgery!

It would be great if Gonzaga could get a verbal from Suggs very soon. In today's S-R article, Strawther had some very nice things to say about Dom Harris. It seems like they've played together a bit (are they on the same AAU team?). IF GU can land Suggs, that gives them two elite combo guards. I have to believe that might prompt Strawther to start taking Gonzaga even more seriously. I mean, as a traditional, scoring small forward, imagine all the scoring opportunities he would have with Harris and Suggs alongside him with their passing skills, their ability to get in the lane, etc.

Maybe that other recruit was Biggs McGee

Quote Originally Posted by CDC84 View Post
    Ahhhh, the mystery is solved.
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Quote Originally Posted by CDC84 View Post
    I actually thought that mystery guy was Lebron, but when I saw highlights of him at the Duke/UVA game earlier I didn't think he could beam into McCarthey from there. Could he?
    This ain't rocket surgery!