Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2021 Nate Bittle -- Offer - Official Visit 1/25

Default 2021 Nate Bittle -- Offer - Official Visit 1/25

I keep hearing his name pop up, as him and Gregg are two of the guys we are most interested in for 2021. Here is a good interview from Stockrisers.

https://stockrisers.com/2019/01/22/t...interest-more/

He’s the #15 ranked recruit for that year. Here’s another article.
    http://www.osaa.org/today/article/39...ter%27s+Bittle

“It’s hard for players to make passes around me,” he said. “My wingspan is 7-5, so hopefully I’ll get to 7-foot.”

Reminds me of Wiltjer, a bit.

Getting Gregg and Bittle would be killer for 2021.
    The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Quote Originally Posted by BobZag View Post
    Reminds me of Wiltjer, a bit.

Getting Gregg and Bittle would be killer for 2021.
    Reminds me of Collins, 7'5" wingspan and sounds like he likes to play D and block shots, but can still hit 3's.

Quote Originally Posted by bdmiller7 View Post
    Reminds me of Collins, 7'5" wingspan and sounds like he likes to play D and block shots, but can still hit 3's.
    Either way, Nate looks awfully good. Would love to have a twin towers of Bittle and Gregg. They're just up the road from each other, to boot.
    The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Quote Originally Posted by BobZag View Post
    Either way, Nate looks awfully good. Would love to have a twin towers of Bittle and Gregg. They're just up the road from each other, to boot.
    They just played each other.

https://www.oregonlive.com/sports/g6...-1-at-lsi.html

Bittle holds offers from Oregon, Oregon State, Arizona, UCLA and Gonzaga, among others. Gregg’s top offers include the in-state schools and Texas.

Bittle, a 6-foot-11 shooter and rim protector, dazzled with 41 points and 14 rebounds, carrying Class 5A Crater past Class 6A Clackamas, 71-54.

Quote Originally Posted by bdmiller7 View Post
    doesn't have nearly the level of athleticism(never will) or size(will improve, but frame doesn't look as good as collins...maybe more like a tillie...might struggle to put on weight)

wiltjer a better comp...not as good a shooter (yet, not far off already) but maybe a slightly better athlete and of course more length. poor man's chet maybe...similar body and style but without the ball handling and not quite the athlete...but also more willing to be a big.

Five-star junior Nate Bittle has scheduled an official visit to Gonzaga on January 25th, a source told @Stockrisers. UCLA and Arizona have received official visits from him.

https://twitter.com/jakeweingarten/s...122410496?s=20
    Last edited by StatZag19; 01-16-2020 at 11:01 AM. Reason: formatting

This is big - hope I’m wrong about West Coast Elite keeping him away from Gonzaga......kid is a stud......some combo of him, Banchero, Holmgren and Perry is the front court of our dreams!

Does he have an offer or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Spoko13 View Post
    This is big - hope I’m wrong about West Coast Elite keeping him away from Gonzaga......
    I don't mean to detour from the topic of the thread, but what's the thing with West Coast Elite and us? I've seen that pop up a few times lately with other potential 'croots.

Have we ever been connected to one of their guys before? This is great news if we can because 2022 Skyy Clarke is with them now.

Quote Originally Posted by StatZag19 View Post
    I don't mean to detour from the topic of the thread, but what's the thing with West Coast Elite and us? I've seen that pop up a few times lately with other potential 'croots.
    I don't really know but the "About" page on their site starts enough sentences in a row with "Coach Silver" that I couldn't finish. The word "Silver" comes up 45 times on that same page. He needs a copy editor.

Excited about the potential of this kid, but this is one of the few announcements I didn't hear coming before hit hit the news. Gut still tells me he is a Oregon bound kid. Solid recruit to get a O visit from and I hope I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
    I don't really know but the "About" page on their site starts enough sentences in a row with "Coach Silver" that I couldn't finish. The word "Silver" comes up 45 times on that same page. He needs a copy editor.
    Wow you weren't joking... That was painful to read.

Quote Originally Posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
    I thought I was reading a Silver page instead of West Coast Elite.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagRecruitWatch View Post
    Excited about the potential of this kid, but this is one of the few announcements I didn't hear coming before hit hit the news. Gut still tells me he is a Oregon bound kid. Solid recruit to get a O visit from and I hope I'm wrong.
    The visit has been in the works for awhile, we exchanged dates this fall but didn't work out. From what I am hearing is he has legit interest in us and especially because how we put bigs in the NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    The visit has been in the works for awhile, we exchanged dates this fall but didn't work out. From what I am hearing is he has legit interest in us and especially because how we put bigs in the NBA.
    I think the West Coast bigs that get offers and come visit GU are all legitimately interested as you said. Honestly, if you are a big on the West Coast, why wouldn't you consider the Zags with their track record of developing bigs for the NBA. I'm not just saying this as a Zag fan, those are proven facts both physically and from a skill standpoint.

During the game last night ESPN did a great job in calling out all of our players that were in the NBA and professional ranks-- great credit to the development that goes on at Gonzaga -- especially with the bigs.

Hope that Sabonis makes the All-Star game -- would be another great credit for the Zags-- but also a credit to his hard work on the court.

Would love to see some of these guys to remember to include one of my all-time favorites once in a while - JP Batista!!

Inside The Kennel
    @InsideTheKennel
    ·
    3h
    Gonzaga will welcome one of the best prospects in the country to campus this weekend, as
    @Nathanbittle33
    will make his official visit to Spokane

Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    Inside The Kennel
    @InsideTheKennel
    ·
    3h
    Gonzaga will welcome one of the best prospects in the country to campus this weekend, as
    @Nathanbittle33
    will make his official visit to Spokane
    Exciting weekend to be a Zags fan.

Do not expect any type of commitment from Bittle this weekend, but the fact he is on an official is huge.

Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    Do not expect any type of commitment from Bittle this weekend, but the fact he is on an official is huge.
    sweet
    Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few