Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2021 Nate Bittle -- Offer - Official Visit 1/25

Quote Originally Posted by bdmiller7 View Post
    Yep. I was wondering myself since he didnt go on a mission. Found this.

https://universe.byu.edu/2016/10/20/...ecent-baptism/
    Thanks. Was curious about that

Interview --- like that we made his top 4 and he mentions a couple of Zag players as guys he has noticed.

PI: What do you love most about the game of basketball?

NB: Probably just the way it allows me to interact with people, playing against good competition. I think that’s something I really like. In AAU, you’re playing against guys like Chet Holmgren and Jalen Suggs in the UAA [Under Armour Association], so playing against those guys and then at USA, playing against the top-50 dude in my class — all just playing together and having a great time. It’s super competitive, but at the same time it’s just a cool experience to play against these guys that are just as good as you or even better than you.

PI: In your opinion, who are the best five bigs in the nation in the 2021 class?

NB: Well, if you count Chet as a big even though he’s a power forward — Chet, me, Paolo [Banchero]. Probably Kaden Perry. He’s a little bit underrated, but I like his game a lot...just super athletic. I probably don’t have a fifth, but us four are the top actual “bigs” in our class.

https://www.prospectiveinsight.com/post/nathan-bittle

Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    Interview --- like that we made his top 4 and he mentions a couple of Zag players as guys he has noticed.

PI: What do you love most about the game of basketball?

NB: Probably just the way it allows me to interact with people, playing against good competition. I think that’s something I really like. In AAU, you’re playing against guys like Chet Holmgren and Jalen Suggs in the UAA [Under Armour Association], so playing against those guys and then at USA, playing against the top-50 dude in my class — all just playing together and having a great time. It’s super competitive, but at the same time it’s just a cool experience to play against these guys that are just as good as you or even better than you.

PI: In your opinion, who are the best five bigs in the nation in the 2021 class?

NB: Well, if you count Chet as a big even though he’s a power forward — Chet, me, Paolo [Banchero]. Probably Kaden Perry. He’s a little bit underrated, but I like his game a lot...just super athletic. I probably don’t have a fifth, but us four are the top actual “bigs” in our class.

https://www.prospectiveinsight.com/post/nathan-bittle
    I liked that most of his references were to GU players and recruits. Sounds like he would be a great Zag. I know we probably only have playing time for 1 of Chet, Paulo, or Bittle. I would be super excited for any of the 3.

I liked that most of his references were to GU players and recruits. Sounds like he would be a great Zag. I know we probably only have playing time for 1 of Chet, Paulo, or Bittle. I would be super excited for any of the 3.
    If you are Few, you make it work lol.

Nathan Bittle, 5-star center, transferring from Crater High School to Prolific Prep: Sources

https://www.oregonlive.com/recruitin...source=twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    Nathan Bittle, 5-star center, transferring from Crater High School to Prolific Prep: Sources

https://www.oregonlive.com/recruitin...source=twitter
    If fans were allowed at games, I'd try to go see him.
    I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

Bittle going to announce on Tuesday. 247 Sports crystal balls all point to Oregon.

Quote Originally Posted by scrooner View Post
    Bittle going to announce on Tuesday. 247 Sports crystal balls all point to Oregon.
    Maybe the Zags can pull a Banchero, a la Koach.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Maybe the Zags can pull a Banchero, a la Koach.
    Few doesnt have K's cash.

Edit: I wrote cachet, phone was smarter than me and auto corrected to cash.

Few doesnt have K's cash.

Edit: I wrote cachet, phone was smarter than me and auto corrected to cash.
    It IS a smart phone!
    It's not funny.

To Oregon

Jon Rothstein
    @JonRothstein
    ·
    1m
    2021 prospect Nate Bittle has committed to Oregon, he announced. Five-Star big man.

https://stockrisers.com/s/116/breaki...chooses-oregon

This is a good get for Oregon. Is it a sign of even better things to come for the Zags? Who is the next Zag big man recruit going to be? (referencing a prototypical big man). It looks like they probably don't need one until 2022, assuming that the guys on the roster now will stick around for at least 2 years. I wouldn't be surprise if the next splash commitment from a center is for the 2022 class. Is that off-base?

Chet will be our next center, I hope.

Quote Originally Posted by scrooner View Post
    Chet will be our next center, I hope.
    He's about 70 lbs shy of being a center.

Chet is tall but he’s checks all the boxes of the way the 5 is used these days. If he could join us, we’d be lucky. He’s really not a center is the old terms. Much more diverse. He’s no1 HS recruit for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by VaBeachZAG View Post
    He's about 70 lbs shy of being a center.
    Tell that to Sierra Canyon I guess. He put up 12 blocks and 10 rebounds in the Minnehaha-Sierra Canyon showdown in January.

He’s an elite rim protector, probably the best in the class. Doesn’t really matter what position he’s labeled as, would be a very important contributor to winning.

You find a place for players like Holmgren. We usually have a space filler in the post and with the way Holmgren plays it seems like you can put him down on paper as a stretch 4 type.

Quote Originally Posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
    You find a place for players like Holmgren. We usually have a space filler in the post and with the way Holmgren plays it seems like you can put him down on paper as a stretch 4 type.
    Call him a stretch-5!
    I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

Quote Originally Posted by webspinnre View Post
    Call him a stretch-5!
    I don’t mind that at all.

He can play PG if that’s what it takes to get him here