• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MDABE80
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Makes me cringe CDC.!!! Ouch! Ouch!!
    Originally posted by CDC84 View Post
    Is it just me, or does "plantar fasciitis" just SOUND chronic and painful?? Anything condition that ends with "ITIS" is painful. I have a medical condition called interstitial cystitis, and it hurts like a SoB, but fortunately for me, I am successfully able to treat it with meds. Other people have to go on permanent disability.

Comment

• Larryzag
      Kennel Club Material
      • Feb 2007

I had plantar fasciitis for about 3 years. It was painful to just walk. My wife told me to try curcumin but of course I didn't because I think the "natural" remedies can't work. But I finally took it and the fasciitis disappeared within 2 weeks. Haven't had it since. Curcumin is the active ingredient of Turmeric the Indian (India) spice. It works as an anti inflammatory. I'm a skeptic but not about this substance.

Comment

• CDC84
        Super Moderator
        • Feb 2007

I am hardly surprised that we have heard zilch about Tillie thus far. If something super serious was revealed from that MRI (like a season ending injury, God forbid), Jim Meehan would've likely reported it by now because there is no need to hide any secrets for something like that. I'm not saying it's a reason to go out and celebrate, but no news is probably good news to some degree. But like others are saying, I hope this isn't one of those lingering, pain in the ass type injuries that aggravates him the rest of the year and makes him less effective. Killian is an athletic forward who relies a lot on his ability to move with agility and jump.

Comment

• ProVeeZag
          Zag for Life
          • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Larryzag View Post
          I had plantar fasciitis for about 3 years. It was painful to just walk. My wife told me to try curcumin but of course I didn't because I think the "natural" remedies can't work. But I finally took it and the fasciitis disappeared within 2 weeks. Haven't had it since. Curcumin is the active ingredient of Turmeric the Indian (India) spice. It works as an anti inflammatory. I'm a skeptic but not about this substance.
          I take curcumin/turmeric supplements for general inflammatory relief. I used to suffer from gout attacks, mainly in my feet and ankles. After many months of trying to resolve it through dietary changes, years ago I started taking allopurinol (it's been around for decades, is a generic and inexpensive). After taking it for 3-4 weeks, I've not had any gout symptoms whatsoever.
          "Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."
          —Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

• Booster
            Bulldog Fan
            • Feb 2010

I hate to break it, but Tillie is out for the season. Torn plantar fascia. Really feel sorry for Killian. We'll adjust and revert back to some of our early season success ... aka Duke! Move on and be strong.

Comment

• zag buddy
              Banned
              • Dec 2007

I hear CBD oil works wonders

Comment

• sittingon50
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Booster View Post
                I hate to break it, but Tillie is out for the season. Torn plantar fascia. Really feel sorry for Killian. We'll adjust and revert back to some of our early season success ... aka Duke! Move on and be strong.
                Poor kid.
                But we don't play nobody.

Comment

• LTownZag
                  Banned
                  • Mar 2017

Originally posted by Booster View Post
                  You've been posting here for ten years. I wish I could dismiss this as a troll...

Comment

• RenoZag
                    Super Moderator
                    • Feb 2007

To avoid unecessary speculation and conjecture on the topic, we'll close this thread until there's official news from GU or other public sourcing on the matter.

Please see: http://guboards.spokesmanreview.com/...12#post1326412
                    Last edited by RenoZag; 02-09-2019, 06:49 AM.
                    The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

• Radbooks
                      Zag for Life
                      • Jun 2007

Tillie out for the rest of the regular season

All over Twitter:

Sam Adams
                      ‏ @SamAdamsTV
                      18m18 minutes ago

BREAKING: Gonzaga’s Killian Tillie has a partially torn ligament in his foot. It is a non surgical injury, but timeline for return is uncertain.
                      1 reply 3 retweets 4 likes

Sam Adams
                      ‏ @SamAdamsTV
                      14m14 minutes ago

Head coach Mark Few: “We feel terrible for Killian. He is an incredible teammate and an absolute joy to coach. Killian is a tough kid. We are hopeful treatment will go well and get him back for postseason.”
                      “When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes.”

~ Desiderius Erasmus

Comment

• Radbooks
                        Zag for Life
                        • Jun 2007

Originally posted by thespywhozaggedme
                        Booster reported it this morning.
                        Yes, he did and the threads were locked because it wasn't official. This is official... do you really not see that?
                        “When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes.”

~ Desiderius Erasmus

Comment

• strikenowhere
                          Zag for Life
                          • Sep 2009

So is this something that he actually has a shot at getting back for the postseason? A partial tear seems like something that would take a few months minimum?

Comment

• raise the zag
                            Zag for Life
                            • May 2011

Originally posted by strikenowhere View Post
                            So is this something that he actually has a shot at getting back for the postseason? A partial tear seems like something that would take a few months minimum?
                            They are being optimistic, likely for Killian.

This is a partial tear, which could be 6 wks or 6 months, esp given injury location. Too tough to tell until it "calms down".

About a 10% chance he could return in March, not to mention rust, game shape, chemistry, risk of further injury, etc etc.

Being hopeful is always the best medicine but it's not always rational.

There is a chance we may never see Killian Tillie suit up as a Zag again.

Given the frustration and disappointment this season, I hope he returns next season.

Should be noted, ligament tears never actually "heal", they partially scar over and inflammation calms down enough where pain subsides and range of motion returns; there is always a chance of reinjury unless surgery is done.

Feet are weird. As I mentioned earlier, this type of injury could last years for Tillie. Something he is aware of the rest of his playing days.

The good news is he can strengthen the muscles and surrounding connective tissue around the ligament to help prevent further injury and return to 100% by next season.

There is always a chance of re-aggravation but with orthotics, full time rehab, & treatment, he could return to normal with little to no pain.

Comment

• CDC84
                              Super Moderator
                              • Feb 2007

I read that a partially torn plantar fascia only takes 3-4 weeks to recover from. But this appears to be a different deal? The key is PARTIAL.

The most important point you make raise the zag is this one:
                              not to mention rust, game shape, chemistry, risk of further injury, etc etc.
                              Killian came back one month ago, and he was still getting into game shape, catching up to game speed. What is he really going to bring, even if he comes back??

Comment

• Outraged
                                Professional Zag Fan
                                • Feb 2007

Let's not forget this is college basketball. There is power to a degree.

Comment

Working...
                                X