Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: TV tonite?

Default TV tonite?

TV tonite? Same old two cans and a string?
    Last edited by jazzdelmar; 02-07-2019 at 04:14 AM.

I hope the Jr Hi guys have the squirrels prepped because I'm stuck with theWtv although ATTSW does have a replay at 1:00 AM on DirecTV
    Birddog

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.

Quote Originally Posted by Birddog View Post
    I hope the Jr Hi guys have the squirrels prepped because I'm stuck with theWtv although ATTSW does have a replay at 1:00 AM on DirecTV
    https://rockymountain-attsn.att.com/

Yup, same thing in North Texas.

It may not work for me this time because I'm in the Bay Area, but for a couple of these I've been able to use the Stadium app on my Roku to get these on my TV. Quality is probably 720ish, but not too bad.
    I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

Here is a more direct link to view the game online:

https://player.watchstadium.com/65/i...type=liveevent

As the time of this posting, the stream is not yet geo-blocked. I suspect that later today it will be changed, but you can cross your fingers. If the game is blocked you can always try a vpn service or a free online proxy.

Quote Originally Posted by webspinnre View Post
    It may not work for me this time because I'm in the Bay Area, but for a couple of these I've been able to use the Stadium app on my Roku to get these on my TV. Quality is probably 720ish, but not too bad.
    The web stream can be had at 1080p, I assume the same hls stream is used for the roku, so if you truly are getting 720p, there may be a setting to get a higher quality.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Has there ever been a team ranked consistently as high as the Zags, for so many years, with such a poor conference schedule television presence? Like the tree falling in the forest and there's no one there, the Zags success goes unseen/unheard. (I get most of the non-espn games on NBC Sports Bay Area (some delayed), but I wonder about the rest of the country) Meanwhile, the Mountain West is seemingly ubiquitous on FS1, ESPN on weeknights. With the PAC12, Big 10, and (soon) ACC having their own networks, and the Big East, ACC, SEC gobbling up prime slots on weekend days, it feels like Gonzaga is drifting toward television obscurity.

Quote Originally Posted by PeninsulaDog View Post
    Has there ever been a team ranked consistently as high as the Zags, for so many years, with such a poor conference schedule television presence? Like the tree falling in the forest and there's no one there, the Zags success goes unseen/unheard. (I get most of the non-espn games on NBC Sports Bay Area (some delayed), but I wonder about the rest of the country) Meanwhile, the Mountain West is seemingly ubiquitous on FS1, ESPN on weeknights. With the PAC12, Big 10, and (soon) ACC having their own networks, and the Big East, ACC, SEC gobbling up prime slots on weekend days, it feels like Gonzaga is drifting toward television obscurity.
    It's a contractual thing. Gonzaga by my count appears on one of the ESPN stations 13 times not counting WCC Tournament with 9 of those during conference play. Most other games are carried by Root and some are carried by Root's sister stations ATTRM and some by ATTSW. I feel like in the previous 2 seasons ATTSW carried more games than this season but otherwise I think the slate of TV games is similar for GU as they get the Bulldog share of ESPN coverage. It's likely the numbers just don't warrant much more from ESPN for far west teams.

SAN BRUNO, Calif. – As part of its long-term relationship, the West Coast Conference has announced that at least 29 men's basketball games involving WCC schools will air on ESPN networks this season, including additional exposure during the 2019 West Coast Conference Basketball Championship in Las Vegas.

The West Coast Conference will once again be a featured part of ESPN’s Thursday night and Saturday coverage. In all, 17 games will be showcased on ESPN, ESPN2, or ESPNU during the 2018 conference campaign. West Coast Conference basketball will be featured on ESPN’s popular Champ Week coverage once again in 2019, with five live telecasts from Las Vegas: two quarterfinal games (Saturday, March 9, ESPN2), the WCC semifinals (Monday, March 11, ESPN or ESPN2) and the championship game on Tuesday, March 12 (ESPN).

The West Coast Conference's national telecast package is highlighted by a pair of clashes between defending regular season and tournament champion Gonzaga and 2018 tournament runner-up BYU. Both teams will also play perennial power Saint Mary’s twice on the ESPN networks. Gonzaga will make 14 total ESPN appearances, nine during conference play; Saint Mary’s will play 10 times in all with six games during WCC play, while the Cougars earned eight regular season exposures, seven coming during conference action.

All games aired on an ESPN network will also be available through the ESPN App, accessible on computers, smartphones, tablets and connected devices to fans who receive their video subscription from an affiliated provider.

Three WCC teams enter the 2018-19 season with a top-60 ranking in the ESPN Preseason BPI poll, led by defending regular season and conference champion Gonzaga (No. 2), BYU (No. 32) and Saint Mary’s (No. 54). After advancing to four consecutive NCAA Sweet 16 berths, the Bulldogs are generating Final Four buzz in multiple publications. The Cougars and the Gaels (quarterfinals) both advanced to the NIT last season.

All told five WCC programs earned postseason berths in 2017-18. San Francisco advanced to the finals of the CBI, while San Diego made a run to the quarterfinals of the CIT.

This marks the debut of the modified WCC men’s basketball schedule. The 16-game schedule is the result of changes adopted by the WCC Presidents’ Council as part of the Conference’s Men’s Basketball Enhancement Plan.

These schedule initiatives demonstrate the league-wide commitment by West Coast Conference Presidents and Athletic Directors to adopt an innovative approach to advance men’s basketball on the national stage.

In addition to the conference games, ESPN will air at least 12 non-conference games featured as part of the West Coast Conference's national television package.

Gonzaga plays in the prestigious Maui Jim Maui Invitational, November 19-21. The Zags won the event in 2009 and open against 2012 winner Illinois in the quarterfinals. Saint Mary’s plays in the MGM Main Event (November 19 & 21) and returns to Las Vegas to compete in the Neon Hoops Showcase. The Gaels take on LSU in the nightcap preceded by BYU vs. former conference rival UNLV in the opener Saturday, December 15. Both tournaments will be played in T-Mobile Arena on the Las Vegas Strip.

As the season approaches, check the interactive schedule on WCCsports.com or follow West Coast Conference Basketball on Twitter (@WCChoops) for additional non-conference telecasts along with local and regional telecast information from the conference and its member institutions.

The complete West Coast Conference on ESPN schedule follows.

2018-19 WEST COAST CONFERENCE BASKETBALL ON ESPN NETWORKS
    Last updated: September 9, 2018
    Friday, November 9
    Pacific at Nevada, TBA (ESPN3)

Thursday, November 15
    Texas A&M at Gonzaga, 8:30 p.m. (ESPN2)

Monday, November 19
    Gonzaga vs. Illinois, TBA – Maui Invitational (ESPN2)
    Saint Mary’s vs. Utah State, TBA – MGM Main Event (TBD)

Tuesday, November 20
    Gonzaga vs. TBA, TBA – Maui Invitational (TBD)
    Colorado at San Diego, 7:00 p.m. (ESPNU)

Wednesday, November 21
    Gonzaga vs. TBA, TBA – Maui Invitational (TBD)
    Saint Mary’s vs. TBA, TBA – MGM Main Event (TBD)

Saturday, December 1
    California at Saint Mary’s, 7 p.m. (ESPNU)

Wednesday, December 5
    Washington at Gonzaga, 8 p.m. (ESPN2)

Saturday, December 15
    BYU vs. UNLV, 5:30 p.m. – Neon Hoops Showcase (TBD)
    Saint Mary’s vs. LSU, 7:30 p.m. – Neon Hoops Showcase (ESPN2)

Thursday, January 3
    BYU at Pacific, 8 p.m. (ESPN2 or ESPNU)
    Saint Mary’s at San Francisco, 8 p.m. (ESPN2 or ESPNU)

Saturday, January 5
    BYU at Saint Mary’s, 8 p.m. (ESPN2)

Thursday, January 10
    Pacific at Gonzaga, 8 p.m. (ESPN2 or ESPNU)

Saturday, January 12
    Gonzaga at San Francisco, 7 p.m. (ESPN2)

Thursday, January 17
    BYU at Pepperdine, 8 p.m. (ESPNU)

Thursday, January 24
    Saint Mary’s at BYU, 9 p.m. MT (ESPN2 or ESPNU)

Thursday, January 31
    Gonzaga at BYU, 9 p.m. MT (ESPN2 or ESPNU)

Thursday, February 7
    BYU at Portland, 8 p.m. (ESPN2 or ESPNU)
    Pacific at Saint Mary’s, 8 p.m. (ESPN2 or ESPNU)

Saturday, February 9
    Saint Mary’s at Gonzaga, 7 p.m. (ESPN or ESPN2)

Thursday, February 14
    Saint Mary’s at Santa Clara, 8 p.m. (ESPN2 or ESPNU)
    Gonzaga at Loyola Marymount, 8 p.m. (ESPN2 or ESPNU)

Saturday, February 16
    Gonzaga at San Diego, 7 p.m. (ESPN/ESPN2/ESPNU)

Saturday, February 23
    BYU at Gonzaga, 7 p.m. (ESPN or ESPN2)

Thursday, February 28
    Gonzaga at Pacific, 8 p.m. (ESPN2 or ESPNU)

Saturday, March 2
    Gonzaga at Saint Mary’s, TBA (ESPN or ESPN2)

Saturday, March 9
    West Coast Conference Basketball Championship Quarterfinal 1, 7 p.m. (ESPN2)
    West Coast Conference Basketball Championship Quarterfinal 2, 9 p.m. (ESPN2)

Monday, March 11
    West Coast Conference Basketball Championship Semifinal 1, 6 p.m. (ESPN or ESPN2)
    West Coast Conference Basketball Championship Semifinal 2, 8:30 p.m. (ESPN or ESPN2)

Tuesday, March 12
    West Coast Conference Basketball Championship Final, 6 p.m. (ESPN)

*All times Pacific unless note
    d
    Birddog

Just damn, the two WCC games on ESPN tonight promise to be must-see games. smh

I'm not sure what my options will be here in sunny New Orleans. No PC, just a mini droid cell phone. I do mean to give it a try.
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    I'm not sure what my options will be here in sunny New Orleans. No PC, just a mini droid cell phone. I do mean to give it a try.
    If you do find a solution, let me know. I have a friend in Fargo ND (current wind chill minus 31 degrees!) who is dying to watch this game.
    "Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."
    —Kurt Vonnegut

Quote Originally Posted by slickguser View Post
    Here is a more direct link to view the game online:

https://player.watchstadium.com/65/i...type=liveevent

As the time of this posting, the stream is not yet geo-blocked. I suspect that later today it will be changed, but you can cross your fingers. If the game is blocked you can always try a vpn service or a free online proxy.

The web stream can be had at 1080p, I assume the same hls stream is used for the roku, so if you truly are getting 720p, there may be a setting to get a higher quality.
    Oh, it has a 1080p option, it just doesn't feel like it comes through at 1080 on the stream. I get plenty of other streaming at 1080.
    I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    Sportsbar with satellite
    Birddog

Sportsbar with satellite
    Nobody in the French quarter has a dish, and they don't seem to care about any team not named LSU.
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    The WCC needs to seriously upgrade their television and internet broadcasting rights. How about we strike a deal to carry our games via a WCC App which offers live streaming instead of this root and The W TV junk. I like the broadcasters just hate the blackouts and spotty production.

Quote Originally Posted by basketballzag View Post
    The WCC needs to seriously upgrade their television and internet broadcasting rights. How about we strike a deal to carry our games via a WCC App which offers live streaming instead of this root and The W TV junk. I like the broadcasters just hate the blackouts and spotty production.

I can’t complain enough about this ####ty product they call the W.tv. Once again it won’t load. GU needs to put some pressure on this dysfunctional broadcast

Can't get it in the Dallas-Fort Worth area either. Even Wtv seems to be blacked out here. grrr...

Quote Originally Posted by Binary Zag View Post
    Can't get it in the Dallas-Fort Worth area either. Even Wtv seems to be blacked out here. grrr...
    Perhaps it’s a Dallas thing because I’m at the DFW airport. My advice is for the WCC and their Television station is to relocate to Texas like all of the other California companies are doing because these people running this crap in Cali need to be fired and replaced with Texans.

Default A disgrace.

GU’s tv coverage is a disgrace. Wake up, AD.

The incompetence of the streamers from near the center of the hi tech world is unbelievable!!!!!
    Birddog

Now I want a Red Robin burger.

man, being in one of the black out areas of the W.tv ... sucks...

I dislike the W.tv

they should play all the live games at the same time and let the viewer select who or what they want to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Alum08 View Post
    Now I want a Red Robin burger.
    I want to find out if Greg’s failing heart will get better!

I'm watching on NBC Sports Bay Area and it's just fine, an HD picture and no lags. Now only if the refs would stop calling silly fouls..............