Thread: Where are the Lady Zags going to be Ranked in the AP Poll - 2/4/2019

Default Where are the Lady Zags going to be Ranked in the AP Poll - 2/4/2019

The #15 Lady Zags won both of their games on the road this week. Did their success result in any movement in the AP Poll this week?

There has been some losses by teams immediately in front of and immediately behind us.

#7 undefeated North Carolina State had a 1-1 week. Had a tough win against a mediocre Wake Forest team and lost to an Unranked UNC team. Great week for UNC by beating #1 ND and #7 NCST. NCST has a really tough upcoming schedule against #24 Florida State, #18 Syracuse and #5 Notre Dame.

#8 Stanford went 1-1 against Cal with a narrow 1 point loss in Berkley and a run-away win on the farm.

#9 OSU went 2-0 with victories at home against a good Utah team and a poor Colorado team. Next two weeks are big for the Beavers as they play at Cal and at Stanford next week and the following week have a home and home against the Ducks.

#10 Marquette went 2-0 on the road against an average Butler team and a tough win against a good Depaul team.

#11 Maryland went 2-0, with a good win against a decent, but unranked Indiana team and big win on the road against a bad Wisconsin team.

#12 Texas went 1-1, with a home loss to a good West Virginia team and a tough win at home against a poor Oklahoma team. #1 Baylor is next on Monday.

#13 Iowa went 1-1, with a road loss to mid-pack Michigan and a home win against a poor Penn State team.

#14 Utah went 0-2, with tough road losses to #4 Oregon and #9 Oregon State.

#15 Gonzaga went 2-0 with two tough road wins against Top 100 RPI teams, Pacific and St. Mary's.

#16 South Carolina went 2-0 with a tough win against #19 Kentucky and a come from behind victory against unranked Arkansas.

#17 Rutgers went 1-1 with a tight home win against a good, but unranked Indiana team and a bad loss to a mid-pack Minnesota team.

#18 Syracuse went 2-0 with relatively tight wins against ACC bottom dwellers Duke and Virginia. #3 Louisville waits for the Cuse next week.

#19 Kentucky went 1-1 with a close home loss to #16 South Carolina and a closer than should be win against a bad Florida team.

#20 Texas A&M went 2-0 with relatively tight wins against SEC bottom dwellers Vanderbilt and Mississippi.

#21 Arizona State went 2-0 against two teams in the bottom half of the loaded Pac-12 (Arizona and USC).

#22 Michigan State went 1-0 with a good home win against a good Purdue team. The game against PSU was postponed due to weather. A road game against #13 Iowa and a home game against a good Indiana team are up next week for the Spartans.

#23 Iowa State went 2-0 with one home win and one road win against mid-pack Big 12 teams (Texas Tech and Kansas State).

#24 Florida State went 2-0 with (2) home wins, a tight win against a good Miami team and a blow-out of a bad Wake Forest team.

#25 BYU - Laid an egg this week, losing on the road this week to both Pepperdine and LMU.

So posters, where do the Lady Zags go in the AP poll this week?

ZagDad

I'm up first,

I say the Lady Zags move past #12 Texas, #13 Iowa and #14 Utah but the pundits move South Carolina above Gonzaga.

3 up and 1 down leaves the Lady Zags at #13 this week.

What say you?

ZagDad

Quote Originally Posted by ZagDad84 View Post
    I'm up first,

I say the Lady Zags move past #12 Texas, #13 Iowa and #14 Utah but the pundits move South Carolina above Gonzaga.

3 up and 1 down leaves the Lady Zags at #13 this week.

What say you?

ZagDad
    I think we dont jump Texas, but get passed by S. Carolina also. Leaving us up one at # 14.

Was South Carolina at home?

Quote Originally Posted by SkipZag View Post
    Was South Carolina at home?
    Nope, they played at Arkansas.

ZagDad

Quote Originally Posted by zag on the run View Post
    I think we dont jump Texas, but get passed by S. Carolina also. Leaving us up one at # 14.
    That's O'k, Texas plays Baylor on Monday, we will get them next week.

ZagDad

I’m going to agree with ZD at 13... at best. Not much respect for WCC. BYU didn’t help with loosing a pair.