Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Other Games - Saturday - 2. 02. 2019

Post Other Games - Saturday - 2. 02. 2019

Complete Broadcast & Internet Viewing Listing Here: http://mattsarzsports.com/Schedule/W...3#.XFWxTFxKiUk

WCC

USF @ SMC 1:00pm W.tv / ROOT / NBC Sport CA
    LMU @ BYU 6:00pm
    POR @ SCU 6:00pm
    PEP @ UOP 7:00pm

(FWIW: USD @ GU is showing up as available on ROOT, NBC Sports Bay Area, AT&T SportsNet Southwest, and The W.tv )

Top 25 / Other Opponents

SJU @ #2 Duke. .9:00am. . ESPN
    #12 VA Tech @ #23 NC State . .9:00am . .ACCN
    GA Tech @ #25 FSU . .9:00am . .ACCN

Miami @ # 3 UVA . .11:00am . .ACCN
    #9 UNC @ #15 Lou'ville 11:00am . .ESPN
    Texas @ #20 Iowa State . .11:00am . .ESPN2
    Nebraska @ Illinois . .11:15am . .BTN

#22 Miss St @ Ole Miss. .12:30pm . .SECN
    #7 Kentucky @ Florida . .1:00pm . .ESPN
    #16 Tx Tech @ #11 Kansas . .1:00pm . . CBS
    UCLA @ Washington . .1:00pm . .ESPN2
    North Alabama @ Lipscomb
    UTA @ Texas State

Indiana @ #6 Michigan State . .3:00pm . .ESPN ( Game Day )
    Boise State @ #8 Nevada . .3:00pm . .CBSSN
    Arkansas @ #19 LSU. .3:00pm . .SECN

#1 Tenn @ Texas A&M. . 5:00pm . .ESPN ( Go Aggies ! )
    Alabama State @ Texas Southern
    ND State @ Western Illinois
    Portland State @ Idaho State
    Grand Canyon @ Cal State Bake

Enjoy your Saturday. . .

Last edited by RenoZag; 02-02-2019 at 03:31 PM.

I recommend the Washington game. Not only is Walton working it (he's hysterically funny), but the Huskies are playing very good ball right now. It's no surprise they are on top of the Joke-12.

Jim Meehan on USD's Isaiah Pineiro: http://www.spokesman.com/stories/201...pineiro-ranks/

Was the Zags' game plan for BYU's Childs a preview of what we'll see tonight vs. Pineiro ?

The rangy, 6-foot-7 Pineiro operates away from the hoop more than Childs, who managed just 12 points in Gonzaga’s blowout win. Pineiro shoots 52 percent from the field and he’s hit 23 3-pointers in 22 games. He makes 81.4 percent at the foul line.
    Meehan's Pre-Game: http://www.spokesman.com/stories/201...ed-san-diego-/

San Diego started slowly in conference with key starters Isaiah Wright and Olin Carter III sidelined by injuries. Wright, a senior point guard who averages 13.1 points and 4.6 assists, has returned after a four-game absence. Carter, who has hit 45 3-pointers and averages 16.5 points, has missed the past four games. He’s listed as day-to-day in a USD release.

The Toreros at full strength have wins over Colorado, Washington State and San Diego State. They pushed Washington and Oregon to the final buzzer in narrow defeats.

Just one correction on the channels the games are on today. The North Carolina game at 11 am will be on ESPN. Not ESPN2.

Lots of really good games on today. Yes, the Washington vs UCLA will be one of them to watch. I'm looking forward to the UNC vs Louisville game also. I haven't seen Louisville play yet. I also want to make sure to watch the Texas Tech game against Kansas. I've seen Tech play and they're pretty good. Iowa St has really been playing well; so I'll probably be checking in on that game against Texas also. They play at 11 (the same time as Kansas and Texas Tech). The Virginia Tech vs NC State game might be better than the Duke vs St John's game as both NC State and VT are top 20 teams.

St Mary's game against USF at 1 on Root should be a good one to see also. They will have lots of competition from the Kentucky vs Florida game and the Texas Tech vs Kansas game. I won't have to watch commercials during these games as I'll be flipping back and forth to these 3 games.

I like the Nevada vs Boise St game at 3. If you haven't seen Nevada you should take some time and watch them. They're really good and they like to run, run and run like the Zags.

There's not much going on regarding basketball on cable TV after the Zags game. You could catch the second half of the Lakers vs Warriors game on channel 2 I think.

Have a good day, and enjoy basketball at it's finest today.

Go Zags!!!
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SorenTodd45 View Post
    Not only is Walton working it (he's hysterically funny), but the Huskies are playing very good ball right now. It's no surprise they are on top of the Joke-12.

It's somehow comforting to know that Bill Walton isn't the only human who finds Bill Walton funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    Just one correction on the channels the games are on today. The North Carolina game at 11 am will be on ESPN. Not ESPN2.
    Thanks for the correction

Seth Greenberg still beating the GU drum on Game Day, Bilas concedes GU has as good a chance as any of the Top 5 or 6. . .

Quote Originally Posted by LTownZag View Post
    It's somehow comforting to know that Bill Walton isn't the only human who finds Bill Walton funny.
    HOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRIBLE

As I posted before WCC play, I'm still convinced USD is the 2nd best team in Conference this season. They have faced numerous injuries all across their lineup, particularly their Top 4 scorers.

They are returning to full strength and will make a strong run for 2nd Place.

USF runs the best offense (besides GU), but I've been most impressed with USD in OOC games I watched. They have athletes, skill, length, & a couple really good guards.

Not sure their 3rd leading scorers returns tonight yet USD might be only team in WCC with a realistic shot to match up & beat the Zags at some point.

USF could out shoot us but can't stop us. SMC has some pieces, Fitts & Ford, but way too streaky.

LMU defense is one of the best we have seen all season, scrappy, physical, strong, but can't score on us.

BYU doesn't have the athletes or physically capable defenders.

USD has most balanced team of the bunch, if and when at full strength.

I expect our closest game in conference will be vs Torrerros. Maybe not in Spokane but by the time we face them in San Diego in 2 wks.

Ponds having horrible half. Worst player on the court

Dukie V in extra rare form today. My ears are bleeding listening to his love for the blue Devils. Plus his literal pleading and begging for Zion to go to the Knicks was bordering on tampering. He makes people hate puke even more. It's nauseating.
    Last edited by BobZag; 02-02-2019 at 12:45 PM. Reason: Inappropriate language

Virginia Tech 37 at
    NC State 20

Under 8 minutes left.....in the game!

47-24 final. Wow.

Also, have any of you heard of this kid named Zion? Plays for a team back east.

Quote Originally Posted by 23dpg View Post
    47-24 final. Wow.

Also, have any of you heard of this kid named Zion? Plays for a team back east.
    24 for the entire game? It has to be a record for lowest points in the modern era. That's absurd

Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    24 for the entire game? It has to be a record for lowest points in the modern era. That's absurd
    10 in second half

Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    Per ESPN, it's the lowest point total by a ranked team in the 'shot clock era'

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...ia-tech-hokies

NC State came up shy of scoring the fewest points by any team in the shot clock era, as George Washington scored just 20 in a game against Saint Louis in 2008, according to ESPN Stats and Information.

The Cardinals of Louisville are wearing uniforms in honor of hometown legend Muhammad Ali vs. North Carolina.

If they can't get any defensive stops against the Tar Heels, they'll be picking themselves off the canvas like Sonny Liston

UNC 51, Lville 39, 15 minutes to go

Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    The Cardinals of Louisville are wearing uniforms in honor of hometown legend Muhammad Ali vs. North Carolina.

If they can't get any defensive stops against the Tar Heels, they'll be picking themselves off the canvas like Sonny Liston

UNC 51, Lville 39, 15 minutes to go
    You must be as old as I am! Listened to that fight on the radio. Had to check Wikipedia, but Liston passed away very young (age 38). Boxing be a tough "bidness".
    "Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."
    —Kurt Vonnegut

So with that win, Virginia Tech went from 50th (95.7DE) to 15th (91.7DE) in one fell swoop.

NCState moved from 22nd offensively to 53rd.

So now we pretty have much a measuring stick. St.Mary's has a slight better offense than NCState (prior to today) so if GU can hold them to about 25 points, they should leap into the top-20 lol.

Gaels 41
    Dons 29
    3:00 to go, 1H

FUCLA v UW is awful. 20 combined turnovers in the first 10 minutes of the game. Awful.

Husky game worst half of ball this year. Ugly embarrassing

Quote Originally Posted by SorenTodd45 View Post
    I recommend the Washington game. Not only is Walton working it (he's hysterically funny), but the Huskies are playing very good ball right now. It's no surprise they are on top of the Joke-12.
    This was possibly the WORST half of NCAA basketball this season, maybe ever............

31-23 UW, total of 29 TO's, just awful basketball all around. Hard to watch, and with Walton, almost impossible to listen as well. My three other senses are waiting to be offended in the second half, but the smell is getting stronger with each passing minute.

OUCH.............

Go ZAGS

Quote Originally Posted by ProVeeZag View Post
    You must be as old as I am! Listened to that fight on the radio. Had to check Wikipedia, but Liston passed away very young (age 38). Boxing be a tough "bidness".
    I was 7 when they fought in Lewiston, Maine, in 1965. Boxing is a tough business indeed. Liston's heroin habit didn't help either.
    Last edited by RenoZag; 02-02-2019 at 01:44 PM.

Gators 42
    Wildcats 31 13:09 remaining

Gaels 63
    Dons 53 10:25 remaining

USF has had the gap down to 10 points before. . .

Basketball Web Sites Listing

"The most interesting place exists between how people see themselves and how other people do." -- Wright Thompson