Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Other Games - Saturday - 2. 02. 2019

Quote Originally Posted by gonstu View Post
    TCB and zags earn a 1 seed. Get it done zags.

Off to search latest MINN flight tix prices for first weekend in April.

(Will look for refundable tickets )
    I've already booked my flights. I just "happen" to have scheduled a team meeting in Minneapolis that week/end.

Quote Originally Posted by Zagceo View Post
    I really dislike his on court berating of his players...its embarrassing and humiliating. never been Izzo fan

think about it...educator yelling and screaming in kids face for missing assignment ...try that in the classroom and see how long it takes before you're sued
    I guess you never had Dr. Graue as a professor. His classes were so small, there was nowhere to hide. He could be brutal when you gave him a wrong answer.

OT..but my mother had a class from Dr Graue at the U of Idaho in 1930 and had many stories - glad to hear that he didn't loose his touch.

Quote Originally Posted by amaronizag View Post
    Izzo can have a horrible team in October, but I will ALWAYS bet that by March, he will have a shot at the final 4. Every year.
    Meh. 50/50 shot. They're good, but not that good. Reputation only gets you so far. 2 out of the last 3 tourneys I wouldn't take them past Sweet 16.

I cannot tell you how many times I have seen good teams play like crap after getting the "out for the rest of the year" announcement for one of their best players. Michigan State had been doing fine without Langford. How they perform vs. Illinois and Minnesota this week will be very revealing.

Kentucky is starting to look scary good. Every season Calipari introduces a mid-season tweak to help jump start his team. I don't know what the tweak is, but ever since he announced he put it in, UK has been on fire. This is not one of his most gifted teams. Funny enough, that seems to be when Cal's better coaching comes out. The UK/Tenn games are going to be total warfare.

Without Langford they are running on fumes. They will be outside of the top 30 within a week

Quote Originally Posted by Robzagnut View Post
    Meh. 50/50 shot. They're good, but not that good. Reputation only gets you so far. 2 out of the last 3 tourneys I wouldn't take them past Sweet 16.
    You have to be accountable at some point Michigan st isnt even close

Quote Originally Posted by roxdoc View Post
    OT..but my mother had a class from Dr Graue at the U of Idaho in 1930 and had many stories - glad to hear that he didn't loose his touch.
    LOL, my mother was born the year after he got his PHD from Cornell. IIRC, he was 77 when I met him for the first time, as my first academic counselor at GU.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    MSU cesspool, helloooo. Dr Nasser. Whitewash.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.for...e-scandal/amp/

u
    Well, I didn't know of that. Missed that report.

Unforgivable to let the accusations of assault get swept under the rug.

It would depend on what he knew at the time, hard to tell bc it was long ago.

But, I appreciate you posting that, and I like your concern about the issue. Now I know.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

PEP 59
    UOP 66

POR 63
    SCU 69

LMU 49
    BYU 67

Basketball Web Sites Listing

“ We tend to forget in times of reversal that life without risk is endless rehearsal.” -- Fran J. Polek

Quote Originally Posted by DixieZag View Post
    Well, I didn't know of that. Missed that report.

Unforgivable to let the accusations of assault get swept under the rug.

It would depend on what he knew at the time, hard to tell bc it was long ago.

But, I appreciate you posting that, and I like your concern about the issue. Now I know.
    He was actually interviewed about it and stumbled badly.....not Paterno but if he didn't know...he should have...

Anyone else think that Pacific could be a kind of tough out in Vegas? I am not really speaking about us so much as the others.

I've just liked the way that team plays under Stodamire.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Alabama State 53
    Texas Southern 83

Tigers now 10-11

Quote Originally Posted by ProVeeZag View Post
    Lewiston Maine, a real boxing hotbed. I would have been 12 in 1965. Forgot about Liston's drug habit. Thx for filling in the blanks Reno!

I was 15 and just a few rows back and I saw that punch...it was a right cross or was it a left upper cut...well maybe I didn't see it after all but it was a dandy!

I would have liked to have seen Liston vs Foreman with both in their prime...

It seems like everyone always says that Izzo will be in the FF and win another championship but he never does...

Zagceo makes it sound as if Izzo get in the face of all his players when they make a mistake, ala Knight and Martin (SC)...I will have to look at him the next time I watch MSU, because I don't recall him going after his players like those two...

Well, after looking at the brackets, ESPN is going to be hard pressed to find another #1 seed to take UM's spot so maybe, just maybe GU might have to be put on the #1 seed out west BUT there should be a footnote stating that GU is only there temporarily until UK wins another two games!

Quote Originally Posted by Bogozags View Post
    I was 15 and just a few rows back and I saw that punch...it was a right cross or was it a left upper cut...well maybe I didn't see it after all but it was a dandy!

I would have liked to have seen Liston vs Foreman with both in their prime...

It seems like everyone always says that Izzo will be in the FF and win another championship but he never does...

Zagceo makes it sound as if Izzo get in the face of all his players when they make a mistake, ala Knight and Martin (SC)...I will have to look at him the next time I watch MSU, because I don't recall him going after his players like those two...

Well, after looking at the brackets, ESPN is going to be hard pressed to find another #1 seed to take UM's spot so maybe, just maybe GU might have to be put on the #1 seed out west BUT there should be a footnote stating that GU is only there temporarily until UK wins another two games!
    just one example

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xNMjE9DTGA4
    OK...LETS DO IT!..

Quote Originally Posted by Zagceo View Post
    OK then, I'd say that replay speaks volumes. Beyond intense...
    "Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."
    —Kurt Vonnegut

I never met a coach I would say wasn't "excitable." :-) They all tend to run a little hot. Izzo is no exception. He's a very animated guy. But he often talks to players with his arm around their waist, or sits by a player on the bench and jaws while the game is in progress. I think he's a great guy and would play for him in a heartbeat. His teams are always tough by the end of March.