Thread: OT-Sort of-Jesse Wade speaks highly of GU

Default OT-Sort of-Jesse Wade speaks highly of GU

Feel free to move to the appropriate thread, but I thought many would be interested in what Wade says regarding his time at GU in the opening paragraphs of this article:

https://www.deseretnews.com/article/...-his-life.html

Wish Jesse all the best, he's a good kid.

It was the right move for both parties' but I still suspect he will be prove to be a bit of a thorn in GU's side in coming seasons and display why he earned a GU scholarship in the first place. (though maybe not enough to move the dial to actual BYU wins lol... the talent discrepancy doesn't appear to be getting smaller these days)

Thanks for sharing. Nice story - Jesse sounds to have really appreciated his GU experiences. It’ll be neat to see him play next season. I do hope he’s playing better & better basketball and it’s nice to have a GU ambassador on a rival’s team.
    http://www.fowlplaces.com/zags/GoZagsTinySignGuyGlassesColor.png

Quote Originally Posted by OntZags View Post

I still suspect he will be prove to be a bit of a thorn in GU's side in coming seasons and display why he earned a GU scholarship in the first place.
    I totally agree. I believe he will be a great scorer for BYU. With his 2 year mission and injury, etc. I don't believe he really had a chance to prove himself at Gonzaga. I wish him the best.

I wish him nothing but the best, he is a class act.

Quote Originally Posted by wiszag View Post
    I wish him nothing but the best, he is a class act.
    truth

Crazy to think he could nearly 25 when the Zags face him his senior year. Maybe he’ll move on before, but who knows...

Wow. That was an enjoyable article to read. Thanks for posting, and best of luck to Jesse.

Thanks for posting this... fun read.
    “When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes.”

~ Desiderius Erasmus

As Jesse would say...amazing.

Classy kid, as always.

A testament to Jesse's character and maturity for sure. No sour grapes, no hard feelings...just genuine respect for the program and the coaches. I think it also speaks highly of Few and co. These aren't easy situations to handle, but it was clearly dealt with in a classy manner by all involved.

Thank you for posting this. Great read and I wish him all the best.

I think Jesse is a good example of where Gonzaga was in 2015 and the type of players we were able to land to were we are today and the type of players we bring in. Jesse is good and will be good at BYU, but guys like Filip, Anton, Timme, Pavel, Harris are all on a different level of talent than Jesse. That's not a knock on Jesse, just shows where GU is as a program now. Not to mention if we land Suggs and Strawther!

Jesse Wade will definitely hit 5+ 3 pointers in a game against GU at some point during his BYU career. I've never been more confident in something.

Quote Originally Posted by VinnyZag View Post
    Jesse Wade will definitely hit 5+ 3 pointers in a game against GU at some point during his BYU career. I've never been more confident in something.
    lol I'm right there with ya.

I'm just hoping that they wont be killer 3's on account of the widening talent discrepancy between the 2 programs.

Quote Originally Posted by VinnyZag View Post
    I will be rooting for him to score a lot, but just enough to lose.

me too,
    a zag in character and spirit,
    I always wished his skills had been great enough for him to get more playing time,
    I wish him the best, and if he wants it, I hope he can make some bucks playing in Europe or somewhere before he gets to old

Pretty cool to see Few give Wade a big hug at end of game. Wade clearly waited to be last guy in line as teams exchanged handshakes at end. Few hugged, stopped and appeared to chat (TV cut away as it was 3nd of line).

Wishing Wade all the best