Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2021 Mason Landeck

I was lucky to watch more vid on this kid, and OMG, am I impressed. He reminds me of Matt Othick from U of Arizona (same build, same hair color). C'mon Mason, you know your heart bleeds Zags blue & silver. Coach Few will make you an NBA prospect. Coach Rat-face will ruin you. Time to make a choice.

Quote Originally Posted by SorenTodd45 View Post
    I was lucky to watch more vid on this kid, and OMG, am I impressed. He reminds me of Matt Othick from U of Arizona (same build, same hair color). C'mon Mason, you know your heart bleeds Zags blue & silver. Coach Few will make you an NBA prospect. Coach Rat-face will ruin you. Time to make a choice.
    You think Gonzaga and Duke are fighting over him and he’s choosing between the two? Ummm, doubtful.

Quote Originally Posted by SorenTodd45 View Post
    Um....we haven't offered him yet. And not sure that Duke even knows who he is.

But we know who he is, and he's Washington bred and born. If he goes to WSU or UW, yikes, he can turn that program around. He's the second coming of Brock Ravet. How many HS sophs can sink a 3 like Mason can? Not many. Mike Bibby carried the 'Cats to a title in '97, who is to say Mason can't do the same?

Will look forward to the reporting / speculating / discussion of Landeck going forward.

So far he sounds like the second coming of Jesse Wade. . .

Cashmere lost 84-56 to Zillah last night. Not sure if that eliminates them.

Quote Originally Posted by 23dpg View Post
    Cashmere lost 84-56 to Zillah last night. Not sure if that eliminates them.
    Yes, Cashmere is in!

Link to WIAA 1A Boy’s Bracket

http://wiaa.com/ardisplay.aspx?ID=1810

#6 Cashmere plays #11 King’s Way Christian at 3:45pm on Wednesday, February 27th.
    Parlez-vous français?

Quote Originally Posted by Mantua View Post

#6 Cashmere plays #11 King’s Way Christian at 3:45pm on Wednesday, February 27th.
    Any way to watch this game online? Not much going on with CBB tonite until the Nevada Wolfpack game starts.

#11 King’s Way Christian 67
    # 6 Cashmere 52

Quote Originally Posted by 23dpg View Post
    #11 King’s Way Christian 67
    # 6 Cashmere 52
    Next year.
    Parlez-vous français?

Mason is a good story, but at this time he would be more a walk-on type guy. The 2021 recruits we are high on right now are 4/5 star guys, although GU does take a flyer (Ravet is a 4 star player, so I would not call him a flyer) on some local kids so he might surprise us and become a option.

Greg Foster was a 4 star too right?

Shruggs

Quote Originally Posted by hooter73 View Post
    Greg Foster was a 4 star too right?

Shruggs
    Nope, 3*. His only offers were us and Wisconsin Green Bay.

https://247sports.com/Player/Greg-Foster-94202/

Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    Nope, 3*. His only offers were us and Wisconsin Green Bay.

https://247sports.com/Player/Greg-Foster-94202/
    Offer lists can be deceiving as they aren't typically all that accurate. I am sure that Foster could have had many other offers if he hadn't said he was going to Gonzaga early in the process. I don't know if it works out but I see skill in his game. He needs to get stronger and he needs to work on his shot big time though.

Foster was a 4star on ESPN and according to Rivals had an offer from Baylor also.

Quote Originally Posted by bdmiller7 View Post
    Foster was a 4star on ESPN and according to Rivals had an offer from Baylor also.
    247 is the best recruiting service by far, because it is a composite, i.e. it aggregates all of the services together from highest ranking to lowest. His average was a 3 star and his play validates that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Vulture View Post
    Offer lists can be deceiving as they aren't typically all that accurate. I am sure that Foster could have had many other offers if he hadn't said he was going to Gonzaga early in the process. I don't know if it works out but I see skill in his game. He needs to get stronger and he needs to work on his shot big time though.
    He averaged 9ppg his senior season. He is, was and will always be a deep bench role player. And that's ok.

He averaged 9ppg his senior season. He is, was and will always be a deep bench role player. And that's ok.
    he also didn't play most of his Sr. year because he had that flu for over a month and never really got back into game shape that year.

Thank you for pumping the brakes on some Cashmere homer who started this thread. The kid can really shoot it and seems to have a competitive streak that is fun to watch but 1A HS ball in WA is largely not very good......very few good teams or good players......let’s see what he does this spring/summer before we even start with the walk-on talk please.....

Quote Originally Posted by ZagzKrak View Post
    he also didn't play most of his Sr. year because he had that flu for over a month and never really got back into game shape that year.
    I’m not sure what your point is. Are you arguing that he will eventually be a star player for the team?

I’m not sure what your point is. Are you arguing that he will eventually be a star player for the team?
    Not sure why you would put up his Sr year numbers without context to why his overall numbers dropped that year.

A star? probably not.....an athletic bench player/role player..I hope so...I always hope for the best for all Zags players. I think he has show flashes of his talent....with more exp. and coaching I think he has a chance to be a fine player for us.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagzKrak View Post
    Not sure why you would put up his Sr year numbers without context to why his overall numbers dropped that year.

A star? probably not.....an athletic bench player/role player..I hope so...I always hope for the best for all Zags players. I think he has show flashes of his talent....with more exp. and coaching I think he has a chance to be a fine player for us.
    Yeah, but he really isn’t a scorer and he doesn’t have great handles. I can’t recall a GU point guard (ever) that received many minutes without at least one of these essential skills at pg.

And I’m thinking way back to the Winston Brooks eras and prior (although there was that one small experiment with Keita now that I think about it)

Quote Originally Posted by ZagsObserver View Post
    Yeah, but he really isn’t a scorer and he doesn’t have great handles. I can’t recall a GU point guard (ever) that received many minutes without at least one of these essential skills at pg.

And I’m thinking way back to the Winston Brooks eras and prior (although there was that one small experiment with Keita now that I think about it)
    Next year is probably the make it or break it year for him and Joel....if they can't get some playing time and show what they got then the writing will be on the wall for them.

In your opinion that is what he is, it's not a statement of fact. All I was saying is that I see skill there but we will have to see if he develops and that offer lists aren't always accurate when a guy is committed early.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Vulture View Post
    In your opinion that is what he is, it's not a statement of fact. All I was saying is that I see skill there but we will have to see if he develops and that offer lists aren't always accurate when a guy is committed early.
    I think he has the athleticism to end up as a jeremy Jones type defensive/glue guy role. That takes smarts and hustle more than anything else. I don't expect him to ever be a star, but without Jones I think we'd have 2 more losses this year. I'd be happy if Foster could give GU that as a junior and senior.